Final Countdown

Forum for all general ingame discussion.

Moderator: General - Battle/FAQ Mods

Post Reply
Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:08 pm
ID: 1996514

Final Countdown

Post by Infinity » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:33 am

GW forum is dead, naq is being sold under 10$/quad, and game server is alive because of financial support from old but loyal players. Admin is unresponsive and not doing anything to attract newbies and it looks like she's given up.

Some of old players are dropping financial support and it's hard to recruit newbies to play a text based rpg in 2019, and even if that wasn't an issue, they would spend 2 years playing to be competitive, if they had our experience.

We all enjoyed this game for over dozen years, and we shall continue to enjoy it's final months.

User avatar
harchester
Forum History
Posts: 10373
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks
Location: Scotland

Re: Final Countdown

Post by harchester » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:08 pm

:-D
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

User avatar
~NyX~
Forum Intermediate
Posts: 961
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:05 pm
Alliance: The Legion/TAF
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Re: Final Countdown

Post by ~NyX~ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:32 am

will never be what it was post 2010
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

Image
No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707

Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:08 pm
ID: 1996514

Re: Final Countdown

Post by Infinity » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:47 pm

You're right.

I forgot to merlin (10) duals. Nobody took the honor to take them. I'm afraid the situation is worse than I thought. I old days i'd lose them If I was 10 minutes late.

User avatar
harchester
Forum History
Posts: 10373
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks
Location: Scotland

Re: Final Countdown

Post by harchester » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:02 am

Infinity wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:47 pm
You're right.

I forgot to merlin (10) duals. Nobody took the honor to take them. I'm afraid the situation is worse than I thought. I old days i'd lose them If I was 10 minutes late.
Just don’t take planets from friends...
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

User avatar
Semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Posts: 7287
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:24 pm
Race: God
ID: 0
Location: Forever watching...always here...
Contact:

Re: Final Countdown

Post by Semper » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 am

Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

I don't know for sure, but there was a good deal of money thrown into this game back in the day and we really enjoyed all the reinvestment and development so that the game continued to present a new and inspiring challenge whilst remaining relevant in a continuously advancing digital and graphical age so that it could ultimately remain a worthwhile cash cow for the developers and nice place with a decent community. ;)
Image
Accolades/Titles:
SpoilerShow
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

User avatar
Lajh
Forum Regular
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:57 am
ID: 0
Location: Somewhere in our galaxy but not sure where exactly

Re: Final Countdown

Post by Lajh » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Semper wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 am
Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

I don't know for sure, but there was a good deal of money thrown into this game back in the day and we really enjoyed all the reinvestment and development so that the game continued to present a new and inspiring challenge whilst remaining relevant in a continuously advancing digital and graphical age so that it could ultimately remain a worthwhile cash cow for the developers and nice place with a decent community. ;)
feels like you threw every word you know into one long sentence
I wrote: Why do people put quotes in their signatures?
http://www.lajh.youaremighty.com/

User avatar
harchester
Forum History
Posts: 10373
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks
Location: Scotland

Re: Final Countdown

Post by harchester » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:19 am

Lajh wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:31 pm
Semper wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 am
Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

I don't know for sure, but there was a good deal of money thrown into this game back in the day and we really enjoyed all the reinvestment and development so that the game continued to present a new and inspiring challenge whilst remaining relevant in a continuously advancing digital and graphical age so that it could ultimately remain a worthwhile cash cow for the developers and nice place with a decent community. ;)
feels like you threw every word you know into one long sentence
:smt043
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...

User avatar
Semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Posts: 7287
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:24 pm
Race: God
ID: 0
Location: Forever watching...always here...
Contact:

Re: Final Countdown

Post by Semper » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:39 am

Lajh wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:31 pm
Semper wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:45 am
Yes, well, one does tend to have to evolve or fall into irrelevance and ultimately fade away.

I don't know for sure, but there was a good deal of money thrown into this game back in the day and we really enjoyed all the reinvestment and development so that the game continued to present a new and inspiring challenge whilst remaining relevant in a continuously advancing digital and graphical age so that it could ultimately remain a worthwhile cash cow for the developers and nice place with a decent community. ;)
feels like you threw every word you know into one long sentence
Yes, I can appreciate how that many words in one place may befuddle you. Fear not, Laura, i'm sure you can overcome the banality informing your impotence with words. Don't spend too much time trying to understand this for means of a reply though, I wouldn't care at all for it and wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.
Image
Accolades/Titles:
SpoilerShow
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Post Reply

Return to “StarGateWars General”