Ascended!

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Ascended!

Hehe, so, I have obtained an account and ascended it for the first time in years.

I remember it being extremely difficult to ascend. All I needed was less then 1m units trained up. Back in the day when I didn't use $$ I had a top 50 MS, this one is barely top 200.

During the same time, during this period, I managed to farm a couple of hundred trill and 200m UU. 2 weeks.

Now, in this same instance, I was thinking...well, I would still have to do this for another 1.5 years before I can think about playing catch up...

So, I want to get everybodies opinion on massively lowering the GnR range before I propose it to Jason? If you could ascend within 4 days say...you could go from zero to unknown in 3 months as opposed to a 1.5 years...

Now, I know people will moan about how they ascended and it took forever. Be proud in knowing you are old school and you did it the kool kids way, look beyond that and realise that nobody is going to play for 1.5 years before starting to catch up with everything else!

If this gets a good reception, I am happy to suggest it to Jason :smt056
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Ascended!

You are not talking about 'catching up', you are talking about ranking top 10. That, good sir, is a ridiculous idea.
So no, of course not. We do not change the rules of chess because it takes too long mid-game either. What is next? Floodgate argument.

Go pitch a new server if you want different rules.

(Or this; which is a million times better than self-interestedly messing with the game's mechanics: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=191774)
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Cersei Lannister wrote:You are not talking about 'catching up', you are talking about ranking top 10. That, good sir, is a ridiculous idea.
So no, of course not. We do not change the rules of chess because it takes too long mid-game either. What is next? Floodgate argument.

(Or this; which is a million times better than self-interestedly messing with the game's mechanics: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=191774)

Speeding up ascensions means noobs will rank in top 10 after 3 months? #-o
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Loki™ wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:You are not talking about 'catching up', you are talking about ranking top 10. That, good sir, is a ridiculous idea.

No. #-o Farming a couple 100T and 200m UU every 2 weeks over a course of 1.5 years does. That is what FM said; he farmed a couple hundred T naq and 200m UU in the 2 weeks he played his unascended acc. Do that 1.5 years long, and you are definitely ranking high top 50 (quality of accounts, not game ranking) easy.

Actual noobs will never rank top 10, even if you lower the ascension requirements to a nickel and a dime. And they should not. Newbies who are willing to learn, fine.. but noobs should stay the **Filtered** away. Besides, this only 'patches' a symptom, without fixing the problem (that is, noobs being lazy and wanting to get spoiled). That problem would be better addressed with Sarevok's long term solution instead of a 'quick fix' like this.
Last edited by Juliette on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Loki™ wrote:

That would make for some decent new killable blood up there though ....
Just imagine, having lots of players, semi new, to more easily aqcuire the unknown level and able to build up bigger levels and powers ....

I like the idea ...

But, perhaps, 3 months is rather fast, ... how about halfing it ? make it 6 months
To effectively implement this with great ease should be as simple as doubling the GnR points earned and decreasing time between ascensions to 1 week.

I would very much like the idea of lots of new blood in the top ranks ...
a very bad hairdo
Loki™
Forum Elder

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Loki™ wrote:

No. #-o Farming a couple 100T and 200m UU every 2 weeks over a course of 1.5 years does. That is what FM said; he farmed a couple hundred T naq and 200m UU in the 2 weeks he played his unascended acc. Do that 1.5 years long, and you are definitely ranking high top 50 (quality of accounts, not game ranking) easy.

Actual noobs will never rank top 10, even if you lower the ascension requirements to a nickel and a dime. And they should not. Newbies who are willing to learn, fine.. but noobs should stay the **Filtered** away. Besides, this only 'patches' a symptom, without fixing the problem (that is, noobs being lazy and wanting to get spoiled). That problem would be better addressed with Sarevok's long term solution instead of a 'quick fix' like this.

If those noobs are willing to put the effort in I don't see the problem.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Duck Dodgers wrote:That would make for some decent new killable blood up there though ....
Just imagine, having lots of players, semi new, to more easily aqcuire the unknown level and able to build up bigger levels and powers ....

I like the idea ...

But, perhaps, 3 months is rather fast, ... how about halfing it ? make it 6 months
To effectively implement this with great ease should be as simple as doubling the GnR points earned and decreasing time between ascensions to 1 week.

A dummy who has had to do nothing but sit back for 6 months while his GnR coasted him to Unknown is not going to be quality new blood. That is like asking the Gasterra Flames Groningen (no disrespect, they rock) to join the NBA because 'new blood' is so desireable.

1.5 years of playing gets you massed a few times, gives you time to connect to others, in other words, reach Unknown with a history.

While we are at giving newbies stuff, why not give the next one to ascend to Unknown covert level 50? I mean, it is so very hard hard to catch up, after all. :smt043

Loki™ wrote:If those noobs are willing to put the effort in I don't see the problem.
The definition of noob precludes the will to put in an effort. But why would you want to reduce the effort? Sure, speed up the lower 10 ascensions like we have said for the past 2 years.. but reducing it overall? Bad idea.
Loki™
Forum Elder

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:That would make for some decent new killable blood up there though ....

I like the idea ...

A dummy who has had to do nothing but sit back for 6 months while his GnR coasted him to Unknown is not going to be quality new blood. That is like asking the Gasterra Flames Groningen (no disrespect, they rock) to join the NBA because 'new blood' is so desireable.

1.5 years of playing gets you massed a few times, gives you time to connect to others, in other words, reach Unknown with a history.

While we are at giving newbies stuff, why not give the next one to ascend to Unknown covert level 50? I mean, it is so very hard hard to catch up, after all. :smt043

Loki™ wrote:If those noobs are willing to put the effort in I don't see the problem.
The definition of noob precludes the will to put in an effort. But why would you want to reduce the effort? Sure, speed up the lower 10 ascensions like we have said for the past 2 years.. but reducing it overall? Bad idea.

What if the ascensions still cost the same amount of resources?
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Loki™ wrote:What if the ascensions still cost the same amount of resources?
Makes sense.. that would be less of a giveaway, but would still lead people to be completely inexperienced when they reach Unknown. That is how I see it, anyway. :)
Just imagine the whining when someone masses one of these 'new Unknowns'.
Loki™
Forum Elder

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Makes sense.. that would be less of a giveaway, but would still lead people to be completely inexperienced when they reach Unknown. That is how I see it, anyway. :)

If they can get the required resources in a shorter amount of time they won't be complete noobs.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Loki™ wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:

If they can get the required resources in a shorter amount of time they won't be complete noobs.
Agreed.. but this game is not just resource gathering. Any simpleton could do that. ;)
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

My added suggestion merely shortend the time needed to gather the GNR, keeping the costs the same.

How about, to make it a little harder, it also requires you to have gained some experience ?
like having a certain killed amount of units needed per ascension level.

Thus keeping costs for resources needed the same.
Halfing the time needed to gather the GNR (making it possible to become unknown in half a year)

And perhaps, to compensate the easyness of time with some earned experience in killing.
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Duck Dodgers wrote:My added suggestion merely shortend the time needed to gather the GNR, keeping the costs the same.

How about, to make it a little harder, it also requires you to have gained some experience ?
like having a certain killed amount of units needed per ascension level.

Thus keeping costs for resources needed the same.
Halfing the time needed to gather the GNR (making it possible to become unknown in half a year)

And perhaps, to compensate the easyness of time with some earned experience in killing.
Yes, that would be brilliant. :-D
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
AeonKnight
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Order
Race: Ancient
ID: 14055
Alternate name(s): ~Lord Helikaon~
AK
Heli
~Velocity~

i have a similar thing on my game, you can't promote your account unless your ME is past a certain point, works well i think.
Loki™
Forum Elder

Cersei Lannister wrote:
Loki™ wrote:
Cersei Lannister wrote:

Agreed.. but this game is not just resource gathering. Any simpleton could do that. ;)

Most can't actually.
Spoiler

Spoiler
George Hazard says:
ImageImage

Return to “StarGateWars General”