Vacation mode(please change)

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
dazman
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Vacation mode(please change)

NOTE: TO GO ON VACATION, YOU CAN NOT HAVE ATTACKED ANYONE IN THE LAST 1 EARTH DAY, AND CANNOT HAVE BEEN ON VACATION/PPT FOR THE LAST 1 DAY, AND CANNOT HAVE BEEN CAUGHT SABOTAGING IN THE LAST DAY! We apologize for this, but it is a necessary step to ensure the added option of going on vacation does not continue to get abused.

Sorry, but I have to point out Vacation mode is very much being abused..... Certain players are using vac mode along with Alliance ppt's and ppt's from $$ spending to make themselves untouchable.

I would like to suggest only being able to go on vacation once per month, this will minimize the abuse.

Making this game terrible and unfair. Horrible cheap tactics.
disturbed_one wrote:its a war game so if by us massing random peeps ruins the game for them then maybe they should go play with barbi dolls ;)
Trade feedback thread~
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=70898
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Re: Vacation mode(please change)

I agree with allot of what Daz posted.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Its the alliance ppt where the problem is - 2 ppt per week, plus the $$$ ppts, plus vac mode, has always been available....its the alliance ppt which has bridged the gap.

Something has to give....either alliance ppt or a change to vac mode. Personally I'd say the alliance ppt. You may be able to abuse vac mode, but it is a very useful part of the game, and to restrict it too much would be regrettable....

Or make it so that you cannot go on vac mode until 1 day after ppts of any kind, incl. $$$ bought, ascensions, alliance ppt, etc - make it so you have to spend one full day in main before you can vac, as was originally intended.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

**Keep alliance PPT's as is

**Reduce the $$ PPT's to 1 turn instead of 60min..no matter when you bought it during a turn..it expires at the change.

**Make vac usable 1nce per month, or maybe twice per month and if you do vac you must stay on it for a minimum of 1 week instead of 24hrs.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
R8
Forum Elder
Alliance: TL Leader

get rid of $$ ppts altogether :smt047 and level the playing field

ps. i thought any ppt prevented you from going on vac regardless of where it came from.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Military Experience 1,xxx,138,430,217 Ranked: 1
Naquadah Stolen 8,xxx,795,393,564,617
Juliette wrote: Cheapo. You shouldn't go for anything under $100Billion, Gohanman. ;)
Check out my greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 0&t=151693
My 2nd greatest hit
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=188473
dazman
Forum Elite

R8 wrote:get rid of $$ ppts altogether :smt047 and level the playing field

ps. i thought any ppt prevented you from going on vac regardless of where it came from.

Yea I did too. Until people started using alliance ppts then jumping right onto vac.

Also you could change the 1 day of no ppts/attacks to 2 days.

And yes the $$ ppts is bad. Should last 5mins at max.
disturbed_one wrote:its a war game so if by us massing random peeps ruins the game for them then maybe they should go play with barbi dolls ;)
Trade feedback thread~
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

lol this is not a new problem, abusing the vacation/PPT in this way has been going on for years, long before alliance PPT, but I guess alliance PPTs make it easier ( and cheaper ) to do. My memory fails me ( to much weed ) so I did a search and found that I myself complained about it in 2008 when LoN pulled this crap on FS, but I vaguely recall others complaining about players doing it over the years. Some claim it's a valid tactic as the game rules allow it, personally I dont approve pf it, but it has been put the admin several times and admin has never done anything to prevent it.

I say get rid of alliance PPTs and get rid of $$ PPTs, fair enough that people need their 4 days of PPT a week to have a RL, but PPTs should not be a war tactic.

I also agree that vacation mode should be limited to 1 per month, if someone has a genuine RL circumstance that requires a 2nd vacation within a month they should have to contact admin.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I dont want the playing field leveled..why bring laziness up and hard workers down?

Deni
KnowLedge
Forum Elite
Race: Lord of all Daimon

Jedi~Tank wrote:I dont want the playing field leveled..why bring laziness up and hard workers down?

maybe cause this is supposed to be an online game where people dont have to sit in front of a computer all day to make progress? you are not supposed to put hardwork in a computer game <-- just my opinion though..
ask me anything, i shell provide you free knowledge

Untrained Units Sold : 1245 Million UU

Am I a Good trader??
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=114491
HellGirl is my **Filtered**!
dazman
Forum Elite

KnowLedge wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I dont want the playing field leveled..why bring laziness up and hard workers down?

maybe cause this is supposed to be an online game where people dont have to sit in front of a computer all day to make progress? you are not supposed to put hardwork in a computer game <-- just my opinion though..

Why not? That's like saying you don't put hard work into other games, or even sports.....

Competition is competition. And GW's is very competitive.
Trade feedback thread~
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

Jedi~Tank wrote:**Make vac usable 1nce per month, or maybe twice per month and if you do vac you must stay on it for a minimum of 1 week instead of 24hrs.

i kind of agree but what if your only going away for like say 3-5 days

5 days only means an extra 2 days out the game but for 3 days it's unfair unless he made it so you could ppt for 4 days using the 2 as an accumulator
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

KnowLedge wrote:

Hard work is a metaphor ](*,) be serious..still there are objectives obtained through the completion of tasks so I ask again, why bring laziness up and hard workers down? its stupid

Deni
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

i think a month is too long a time to wait to go on vac if an emergency arrises after you've already been on vac (i know that its probably rare, but i think that it could/would/does happen)
a week or two makes sure that its not just the 1 day but ensures that the PPT + vac isnt abused

and i do think that alliance PPT should count as a PPT for vacs at least
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

If such an emergency arises and your worried about sgw then your screwed up in the head
Baxter
Forum Regular
Alliance: ~Sand Village~
Race: Australian
ID: 1961730

i was sort of meaning something like your internet dying, not something like your house burning down ](*,)
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Spoiler
Byrnes wrote:Triangle Allegiance is accepting applications now :-D
Juliette wrote:To recommend Chrome is to say "Here, have this grenade. I'll pull the plug. Now you hold on to that grenade and run like hell."

IE beats Chrome. Hell, EVERYTHING beats Chrome. ICQ **Filtered** beats Chrome. A telex beats Chrome. And even.. BP beats Chrome.

Return to “Game Suggestions”