Change the way GnR is gained

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Change the way GnR is gained

I was thinking about this awhile ago, but was going to wait on posting the idea but this topic here sort of pushed it.

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=191798

Now not to take away from the guys who spend the year ascending to max, alot of us did it ( myself included ) but we had the the server war and it was alot easier to into GnR back then because no one had stats haha,

But now its alot harder, the GnR ranks are dominated by max ascended players, im not sure what the GnR range goes down too, last i knew it was about 1100-1300, i believe the top ranks still gain 5 GnR per turn and all the way down to 1 GnR per turn.

The GnR range should be changed to a preset ranks 1-1400

Only instead of rank bases the GnR you get, it should be the ascended level you are decides what you get,

Ascended level

0-5 should be 10GnR per turn
6-10 should be 8 GnR per turn
11-15 should be 6 GnR per turn
16-18 should be 4 GnR per turn
19-23 should be 2 GnR per turn

As a weaker ascended being the Gods Swarm to your world to boost your Glory within the Realms, As your ascended being gets stronger the gods find it harder to supply the Glory your world needs.

Then change the time limit on the first 15 Ascensions to 1 week turn over time, 16-23 is the normal 2 week turn around time,

I know that some are going to cry about how unfair that is, end of the day i ascended to max with the 2 week turn around, but even i dont find it fun to beable to destory someone without them doing anything back, because i have a massive boost, and got to ascend when it was way easier, the divide is getting bigger ingame, we need something to keep newer blood in it,

Those who truly want to keep the game going and see newer players would support this, or close to this, those who object to it, must be happy there game is disappearing.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Change the way GnR is gained

This, I think is a very good idea. Gives a new player a sense of achievement and will promote them playing... =D>
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

+1 to GC
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Massacre
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
Race: DDE
ID: 1923635
Alternate name(s): ~Stiffy McBoing~

I like the idea, however id recommend not doing so much of a set rate, instead do a multiplier. In essence,

0-5 should be 10GnR per turn - 3x multipler (1GnR range gets 3 GnR, 5 GnR range gets 15)
6-10 should be 8 GnR per turn - 2.5x multiplier (1GnR range gets 2.5 GnR, 5 GnR range gets 12.5)
11-15 should be 6 GnR per turn - 2x multiplier ( 1 Gnr range gets 2 GnR, 5 GnR range gets 10)
16-18 should be 4 GnR per turn - 1.5 multiplier ...blah blah
19-23 should be 2 GnR per turn - 1....or well the same as it is now.

Too bad this wasnt around before, but whatever helps the new players I suppose is good for the game.

Maybe the rates are a bit high, but i think itd be better than having a set 10 GnR no matter what ranking u are, since the whole thing to ascend fast today you need to break into the 5 GnR. Why rip that excitement away, thisd make it easier. But basically the same as ur idea, just in a different form.

2 Week turnaround time should remain the same, maybe lowered to 1.5 at max...give them a chance to invest in MS capacities and such, and to see the benefit of doing that while ascending.
KJ wrote:indeed… people will fall in love with us and hate us at the same time
coz we'll be massing their accounts into oblivion
meanwhile they'll be staring at our perfect muscles
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

I began playing my old account again about 3-4 weeks ago and it is a 1 time ascended prior account which was ascended waaaay back in the first week ascension went live. In these (for the sake of argument) 4 weeks i've been back i've played solidly (some would say obsessively) and i'm just about ready to ascend. I might have a very different opinion once i experience the newer APP mechanism but at the moment, although i do not disagree wholly with what is being put forwards here, i think something integral is missing-

Surely it is bad to promote new players into speedy ascensions?

I guess the part of the discussion which is missing here is what would you recommend a new player ascends for the first time with in terms of APP? Because, if you are going to make it possible to ascend within a couple of weeks of creating your account, it will only serve to create an influx of weakly ascended accounts?

I honestly didn't find it that difficult to get ranked into the GnR zone.

I don't disagree with what you are saying though, i just feel more is needed :)
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

I fully agree with GC! The gap between new players and the ones that have huge, huge accounts needs to be made smaller. I believe the option he presented would aid in that direction.
Bias Admin colour
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

GhostyGoo wrote:Because, if you are going to make it possible to ascend within a couple of weeks of creating your account, it will only serve to create an influx of weakly ascended accounts?
But that's possible even now. It is extremely easy, at least I believe, to still get in to 1 G&R range. So accounts can still ascend in 3 weeks of creating their account.

I like the idea that the g&r range is still .2% of active rankings but making different g&r groups like GC said.

I think that Jason should make a final decision about ascending beyond #23 and if there will be no more progression then there's no point getting g&r at lvl 23. Also making a decision regarding that may allow some people to play properly as they would then have the confidence that whatever they build won't be lost because Jason opens up another ascension.

Making it 1 week between ascensions is a bit quick in my mind. I think the 2 weeks is fine, but I understand why 1 week would be preferred by those ascending all the way.
Image ImageImageImage
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Kinda stopped reading when you said it was hard to get in GnR?.... :shock:
I get massed and still in GnR range :smt043
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

I think 5 g&r would still be considered difficult to get into and to remain in for the duration.
Image ImageImageImage
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I know its possible Clarkey but should it be promoted *shrug*

Like i say i think something definitely needs changing but i'm not sure this is it. It all feels a bit too "cats in bags" to me; like the fabled magic bullet. It is never that simple, is it? As Seph has said i've been massed also, all defence gone and anti-covert slaughtered but still found myself in GnR range.

I guess the bottom line here, in this discussion, is: are we ascending for main server power, ascension server power or both? Because all three are certainly achievable as they were always designed to be however, this type of ascending outlined above only really benefits your shell, surely?

I will know more once i ascend, i haven't done it for about 5 years rofl :)

Just for the record, i've searched and the only clue i can find is the gnr for support status offer; is it 1000 or 1500 needed for ascension?
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

0-5 should be 10GnR per turn - 3x multipler (1GnR range gets 3 GnR, 5 GnR range gets 15)
6-10 should be 8 GnR per turn - 2.5x multiplier (1GnR range gets 2.5 GnR, 5 GnR range gets 12.5)
11-15 should be 6 GnR per turn - 2x multiplier ( 1 Gnr range gets 2 GnR, 5 GnR range gets 10)
16-18 should be 4 GnR per turn - 1.5 multiplier ...blah blah
19-23 should be 2 GnR per turn - 1....or well the same as it is now.

I considered this option too, however go look at the top 100-120 accounts ill bet that at least 95% of them are max ascended players, someone who is just starting out would never stand a chance at getting close to the ranks needed without having an account that is probably boarding the plague limit, thats why i went for a preset number,

@Goo, i see the concern about your ascending to fast, but whether it happens within 2 weeks of starting or 2 months, they will still have to learn, by allowing them go get into it faster, it gives them a better chance, if it stays how it is, new people get bored.

Also it seems with your absence you missed the big push in the game for ascending, if your only going for your 2nd ascension, revisit this idea in 3 or 4 months, ( if its not implemented ) and see how you feel, when someone who is max ascended can remove your account with little to no effort, leaving you unable to compete, it gets old fast.

I do not see how this update would harm the game,

Also if admin decides to add more ascensions they would fall into the last category or 2 GnR per turn for there Ascended rank.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I think i need to bug out until i ascend lol, i think something is not quite as it was when it was designed!
:-#
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
EAT THE WATERMELON
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): jesus

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:Kinda stopped reading when you said it was hard to get in GnR?.... :shock:
I get massed and still in GnR range :smt043

:P yup im only NOT in g and r range when i dont want to be (for raiding the lower ranks)

but still i like this idea
quotes
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:
PS: Eat the watermelon- all I can say is ](*,)
MEZZANINE wrote:Saw a comedian the other day, he said there are now condoms with anesthetic on the inside to numb a man and make him last longer, but he found a better use, put them on inside out and you never have to wake your misses up when you get home drunk and fancy a bit :smt043

Oh wait.. I mis-read the topic, thought you said entering in the night lol
Jedi~Tank wrote:If you tards spent as much time moding these forums as you do arguing with players over ingame **Filtered** this might be ok one day..my guy got **Filtered** over, I dont care what the reason is we want it corrected, no need to come in and spam yet ANOTHER thread with an argument on someone else's behalf, and take your warning and shove it up your ass. ;)
old siggies
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

After reading what Forum plans regarding the One-Stop-Glory-Shop (in the wise words of Kenneth Williams: "oh matron!")...

Something along the lines of this suggestion is imperative. Imperative.

+1
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

lol I much prefer this idea to the idea of buying ascensions

Goo I would point out that ascending at the bare minimum UP requirements would actually allow you to grow up to the final ascension as its ridiculously low cost and as for APP just farm for DMU on ascended server it is worth far more and better than APP anyway ;)
Spoiler

Return to “Game Suggestions”