Glory phase & double strike

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Glory phase & double strike

Loki™ wrote:
Sol wrote:Alternatively, just wipe the gnr as one is bought.

DS? Cost x gnr, will use all your gnr though, but still requires x gnr min.
Scale the costs accordingly to how fast they can be purchased.

Means one thing can be bought at a time, means everyone sort of starts on the same page, means things like DS can be made more expensive so people have to wait longer to buy another.
No need to limit how many can be bought if you can only physically buy one every so often.
Want to get more gnr faster? Build bigger stats, get lower in rank.
That is the best solution anyone has come up with so far.
So what will we do with the ramaing points ? Will we get some sort of compensation ?
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

~Dä Vinci~ wrote: 1k glorys + 1 mt = 20% boost
1.5k glorys + 1 mt = 25% Boost
2k glorys + 2 mt = 30% Boost
2.5k glorys + 2 mt = 35% Boost
3.5k glorys + 2 mt = 50% Boost
4.5k glorys + 3 mt = 60% Boost
5.5k glorys + 3 mt = 70% Boost
6.5k glorys + 3 mt = 80% Boost
7.5k glorys + 3 mt = 90% Boost
10k glorys + 4 mt ( 1 ppt spot) = 110% Boost
I don't mind that idea.

Not a huge fan of losing all my GnR after making one glory/double purchase if im honest.
Just my 2 cents ^_^
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

That might actually be the best way to keep the effect (so supermassive -500T+- defences can still be within range of proper teamwork), while at the same time not making it a gimmick you can throw at everyone whenever you feel like taking a dump in their back yard. With the clear-out of resources it achieves the effect of stopping the use of both ETS and Double Strike.. covers all bases.. that could be the best way to go about this. :D

Means one thing can be bought at a time, means everyone sort of starts on the same page, means things like DS can be made more expensive so people have to wait longer to buy another.
No need to limit how many can be bought if you can only physically buy one every so often.
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

No one is forcing anyone to buy features that would make you lose all of your G&R :smt060.

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:That might actually be the best way to keep the effect (so supermassive -500T+- defences can still be within range of proper teamwork), while at the same time not making it a gimmick you can throw at everyone whenever you feel like taking a dump in their back yard. With the clear-out of resources it achieves the effect of stopping the use of both ETS and Double Strike.. covers all bases.. that could be the best way to go about this. :D

I'm not going to say it is a bad idea but I almost want to protest a few thoughts as for the timing of it. Perhaps this would have been a brilliant system going back to the introduction of GnR strike hehe. Feels like a bit of a slap to those that stayed ranked for a long time instead of selling account and enjoying a proper healthy social life.

Remove MT requirement on glory weps for a week before implementing a system like this. What are we going to rant about glory weps now too as being overpowered rofl
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

I'd be fine with losing all my gnr with no compensation.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Eh, like it was worth anything anyway.
AJ only -somewhat- recently added the market purchases with GnR, before that it was useless. Why should you get compensation?
(@whoever mentioned compensation)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Odin~
Alföðr

Sol wrote:Eh, like it was worth anything anyway.
AJ only -somewhat- recently added the market purchases with GnR, before that it was useless. Why should you get compensation?
(@whoever mentioned compensation)
no one to my knowledge mentioned it at least not in the last page or so.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

~Odin~ #51 wrote:no one to my knowledge mentioned it at least not in the last page or so.
viewtopic.php?p=2568686#p2568686 Top post, this page.

Anyway, as Mikgamer pointed out, no one is forcing you to use them; though they can come in handy and as such should remain in the game, shouldn't be tools to be used at a whim - way too powerful for that. :)
~Odin~
Alföðr

Juliette wrote:
~Odin~ #51 wrote:no one to my knowledge mentioned it at least not in the last page or so.
Iflux doesn't count lol
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

~Odin~ #51 wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Iflux doesn't count lol
I've come to realize this when the server refused to rank him to where he should be xD
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
~Odin~
Alföðr

Sol wrote:
~Odin~ #51 wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Iflux doesn't count lol
I've come to realize this when the server refused to rank him to where he should be xD
the prophecy is coming true
Spoiler
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

[15:39] <~Support> On the glory rebalance, have a lot of input, will do a trial run for a month starting market reset after next (Nov 25th); post will follow and discussion can continue. :)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

My 2 cents, suggestions for not wiping glory out completely when using DS.

costs 1k GNR + 15% of your GNR if over 3k gnr, this will wipe out peoples caches of GNR fairly quickly without an immediate blowout.

alternatively delay ability to use DS to 1x per calander month or have a 30 day cooldown timer on it.

That gives you the function but limits how often you can use it.

Require a defense of at least 40% of your strike to be able to use DS. This prevents snipers from building strikes and not having anything to mass.

Disallow glory phase while DS.

Or any other combination of the above with changed values if necessary. 25% of gnr cost etc.

-Feri
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

The current state of glory options live on dev, for those that can't see it:

No change to double strike stat bonus.

Using double strike OR glory phase, consumes ALL glory on use (minimum 1k)

All other glory items, such as APP, glory weapons etc, remain unchanged, and consume 1k glory.

If you have under 1k glory, you do not see the options for double strike / glory phase
22:32:32 caprila - well, how does it feel to you. do the current settings on dev, feel right?
22:35:40 Support - It looks decent, albeit a bit on the harsh side. Of course, the most results (and best evaluation) would stem from an active war in Main. :) It is a rather big change (the collective) to throw into Main and pray for the best though, that doesn't seem reasonable.
22:36:59 caprila - catch 22. can't get evaluation without bringing it onto live, yet can't bring it onto live without evaluation :)
22:46:58 caprila -as you say, a test on the effects such a change would have, can only be done on live.
22:47:47 Support - Yes. Then it wouldn't be a test, but simply a release that is open for 'tweaking' after the fact.
22:48:02 Support - That would seem to be the way to go. ;)

Also updated first post to better reflect the topic at hand.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”

Return to “Game Suggestions”