G&R only to those that have stats/defence

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Re: G&R only to those that have stats/defence

Tetrismonkey wrote:I am discussing this as a civilized human being. Should I discuss this as a civilized Vulcan instead?

Do I enjoy easy games? No. The challenge is the most entertaining portion of a game. However, what you all are suffering is to make dramatic changes to a major piece of the game to satisfy your personal desires rather than seeing how it would affect the rest of the server. I have suggested the same thing three times now yet not one of you have responded to.it. It only serves further to how little your care for a simple solution to a simple problem.
Well maybe you didn't make enough noise to get more of a response from people, With skype game chats and IRC being re-vamped as well as regular admin meets again it sounds like a good time for things to be brought up. It also ensures more people hear about possible new idea's to keep the game fresh.

just saying...
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Tetris,

G&R being a little bit stat-related is a much simpler and better solution for everyone.

That is my view on this matter. You are free to post yours as many times as you want. I will continue posting mine.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Tieing stats to g/r won't work tbh. What should be the required stats? Stats vary significantly for someone done ascending and someone just starting. Its easy for you to suggest changes to this considering its been years since you have actually needed to get g/r.

Setting hard caps in ranks tbh isn't fair either. If you have a small player base with very small ranks to achieve any g/r again, you make it near impossible for new or smaller account to compete. They would in a sense have to devote every bit of resources just to achieve the ability to ascend. Hell if were going to do that, lets just roll back several years and have mss lost after each ascention.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Yes, 1 mil UU is so hard to come by these days Tetris. You are right, any update leading to people having to have to actually play this game to grow would be bad.

Do you farm or raid ? If you do you should know just how much naq and UU is out there. Anyone playing can arm a couple of defence soldiers to earn G&R. If he/she intends to play that is.

-KJ
- > SGW Hall of Fame
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

1mill uu? Again, the problem isn't because its easy to get there, its because of the inflated inactive player base. If you remove a large portion of the inactives from the game, you would then need to build the stats required to get a higher rank. That would remove the "requirement" of building something. It would also slow down the game a bit, limit resources and make the game over all.more competative.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Sol
Forum Addict

Change it so gnr gained is given to the top .4-1% of 'active' accounts - 'active' being those that have logged in within the past week, and not all accounts.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Just half the amount for 1 GnR. At the moment it is top 1% for 1 GnR and top 0.1% for 5. Make it 0.5% (rank 628) and 0.1% (rank 125).

Cuts out those at the bottom for sure.

Though da vinci's idea for GnR giving you turns is also worth looking into.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori

Norbe wrote:
Though da vinci's idea for GnR giving you turns is also worth looking into.

~Norbe~
I agree - I love it when we brainstorm. His idea is definitely worth looking into.

-KJ
- > SGW Hall of Fame
frazz
Forum Irregular

mines is more problematic to implement but gives more options

and expansion of da vincis idea hahah
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
frazz
Forum Irregular

actually have an idea linking this to the app thread as well

open up ascensions to everyone but change its slightly that the min requirements are **Filtered** of gnr as well as things like covert levels etc
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:10k gnr = extra ppt (doesn't count towards weekly amount)

5k = 5k turns (tradeable)

1k = 1.5k personal turns

just an idea :) keeps gnr competitive but with consequence for consistent nox.

Makes gnr useful

the extra turns for gnr make you want to log in more and compete for gnr to get more turns but with the low ratio, it wont overload the market with turns.
I like the idea, but don't agree with the rewards. At most, maybe 24 hours of PPT. If someone is ascending, then they can essentially be on PPT all week given the extra ascension PPT. I'd much rather see the 10k G&R reward be MPDSDs and no extra PPTs given.

I also don't agree with tradeable ATs given as a reward for an accomplishment an individual achieved. Keep all AT rewards personal. That keeps multis from being able to abuse this.

You earned the G&R, you should be the one to use the reward... not someone else.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

MaxSterling wrote:
~Dä Vinci~ wrote:10k gnr = extra ppt (doesn't count towards weekly amount)

5k = 5k turns (tradeable)

1k = 1.5k personal turns

just an idea :) keeps gnr competitive but with consequence for consistent nox.

Makes gnr useful

the extra turns for gnr make you want to log in more and compete for gnr to get more turns but with the low ratio, it wont overload the market with turns.
I like the idea, but don't agree with the rewards. At most, maybe 24 hours of PPT. If someone is ascending, then they can essentially be on PPT all week given the extra ascension PPT. I'd much rather see the 10k G&R reward be MPDSDs and no extra PPTs given.

I also don't agree with tradeable ATs given as a reward for an accomplishment an individual achieved. Keep all AT rewards personal. That keeps multis from being able to abuse this.

You earned the G&R, you should be the one to use the reward... not someone else.
yeah making it personal could be a good idea, and the ppt well 10k glorys is a lot and wont be used much but, for the top ranks sitting in rank 1- 156 or what ever it is then it's easy pickings. maybe revise that one then. Id love to be able to swap GnR for merlins but i didn't put it in because admin makes a lot of his $ from that on the market and probably wouldn't go for it (already got mt's for that).

10k gnr = extra ppt (doesn't count towards weekly amount) (no nox for 24 hours prior to use)

5k = 5k turns (personal)

1k = 1.5k personal turns)

25k gnr = 50% boost in def, att, cov, ac and mothership ( haha :D)

1k gnr = 3 merlins

5k gnr = 20 merlins

10k = 50 merlins

25k = 125 merlins

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
MaxSterling
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
ID: 83707
Alternate name(s): Naq Daddy, The guy that just stole your naq.

~Dä Vinci~ wrote:Id love to be able to swap GnR for merlins but i didn't put it in because admin makes a lot of his $ from that on the market and probably wouldn't go for it (already got mt's for that).

1k gnr = 3 merlins

5k gnr = 20 merlins

10k = 50 merlins

25k = 125 merlins
lol. You show concern about Admin's wallet, then go and make it so players don't need to use $.

It takes a little over 4 days in 5 G&R range to generate 1000 G&R, so 3 weeks to get 5000 G&R.

I'd say for every 5k G&R, maybe give them 7 MPDSD. That way it only temporarily alleviates the need to buy more MPDSD and not replace the need to buy them.

25k = 125 merlins... you're giving them the means of permanently protecting one planet by sitting in 5G&R range. and having 2 weeks left over. 15 weeks to gain 25k... 17 weeks worth of merlins.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

MaxSterling wrote:
~Dä Vinci~ wrote:Id love to be able to swap GnR for merlins but i didn't put it in because admin makes a lot of his $ from that on the market and probably wouldn't go for it (already got mt's for that).

1k gnr = 3 merlins

5k gnr = 20 merlins

10k = 50 merlins

25k = 125 merlins
lol. You show concern about Admin's wallet, then go and make it so players don't need to use $.

It takes a little over 4 days in 5 G&R range to generate 1000 G&R, so 3 weeks to get 5000 G&R.

I'd say for every 5k G&R, maybe give them 7 MPDSD. That way it only temporarily alleviates the need to buy more MPDSD and not replace the need to buy them.

25k = 125 merlins... you're giving them the means of permanently protecting one planet by sitting in 5G&R range. and having 2 weeks left over. 15 weeks to gain 25k... 17 weeks worth of merlins.
it's an idea I didn't do the maths... the numbers of course will be evaluated. I never said i cared about his wallet, i just stated it's probably pulls in quite a lot of $ and would he be up to negating that it some retrospect.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Regarding the original suggestion made (rather than the evolution into talking about how to spend glory points ) :
01[16:25] <Caprila> Glory Points change. I.e no glory to those without defence / without X % of armysize trained, or reduction in the ranks that recieve glory.

01[16:26] <Caprila> People are unhappy that you can get into 1gr range with 0 defence :P

[16:26] <fieldmarshall> That's kind of fair

01[16:27] <Caprila> You could say, that the galaxy does not count systems with no defence, as worthy of recognition. But the nox would probably want everyone to have fluffy points anyway
[16:27] <~Support> Why are they unhappy about it? :? I thought we were complaining about little guys being unable to ascend and catch up and whatnot?

[16:28] <fieldmarshall> If you want to resolve this one, you have to look at the total number of inactives allowing the GnR rank to be brought down to a level that you can reach the points range.
[16:28] <~Support> A system without defence is still a system, Cap. If it derives its glory from elsewhere, then that is their deal.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”

Return to “Game Suggestions”