Planet Beacons *TAG -6*

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Planet Beacons *TAG -6*

23:38:49 clockwork - Also regarding planets, would the ability for your MS to retrieve a beacon'd planet drifting in space, be considered?
23:42:28 Support - Clock, stolen and abandoned planets are already more likely to be found by your MS than other planets (relative to the count of 'pool' planets). :)
23:45:42 clockwork - True, it just never made sense not being able to fly up to your beacon'd planet floating in space :P
23:46:06 clockwork - do beacons increase the likelihood of it being found at all?
23:47:35 Support - Clock, I'll look into the how and why of planet finding mechanics. I can say more next meet. ;)

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Re: Planet Beacons

I look forward to hearing more about this ^_^
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

22:34] <Clockwork> Jo, did you look to see how planet beacons worked?
[22:34] <Clockwork> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=201028
[22:35] <~Support> Yes, they are just 'where is mah planet now', they do nothing but tell you that.
[22:35] <~Support> You are however more likely to find a planet that last belonged to you after you abandon it.
[22:36] <Clockwork> after 'you' abandon it, or after some thieving goit abandons it?
[22:36] <KJ> Is there a 50/50 that you get it
[22:36] <KJ> Both abandon and stolen I believe
[22:36] <KJ> my MS drags back planets I abandon

[22:38] <~Support> Both, unless your planet was taken by someone else again in the meantime. Then again, then it isn't your planet.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Caprila wrote:
22:34] <Clockwork> Jo, did you look to see how planet beacons worked?
[22:34] <Clockwork> viewtopic.php?f=13&t=201028
[22:35] <~Support> Yes, they are just 'where is mah planet now', they do nothing but tell you that.
[22:35] <~Support> You are however more likely to find a planet that last belonged to you after you abandon it.
[22:36] <Clockwork> after 'you' abandon it, or after some thieving goit abandons it?
[22:36] <KJ> Is there a 50/50 that you get it
[22:36] <KJ> Both abandon and stolen I believe
[22:36] <KJ> my MS drags back planets I abandon

[22:38] <~Support> Both, unless your planet was taken by someone else again in the meantime. Then again, then it isn't your planet.
Okay so beacons do nothing to aide in the purpose of finding an abandoned planet. I would love to see beacons get some additional uses or you know add something new to them to give them some more flair. I dunno how many people still use them or not, I had to place some beacons on a planet a month or so ago but I honestly cant remember the time prior to that that I even looks at them lol.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

+1
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

I beacon every planet if its crap or not.. just so i can track it later. The issue is, it just shows me where it is if someone has it or if its floating in space.. It doesnt help me to actually get it if its not SECURELY in orbit in someone else's solar system..kindof pointless to have it if its just floating and you cant send out the drunken captain with exact coordinates to go get it...

It would be nice if using a beacon and then sending out your MS to retrieve that particular planet.. even if it was only a percentage chance increase of getting it... blame failures on the drunkard at the helm of your MS...

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:DDE SUCK...that is all!!!
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.
Sol
Forum Addict

WoofyBear wrote:.. It doesnt help me to actually get it if its not SECURELY in orbit in someone else's solar system..
Interesting.

Make the beacon show the current defences and plats on the planet.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Sol wrote:
WoofyBear wrote:.. It doesnt help me to actually get it if its not SECURELY in orbit in someone else's solar system..
Interesting.

If you.plan to do that then I suggest increasing the costs significantly. Information like that should not be cheap to.come by.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Sol
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Sol wrote:
Interesting.

If you.plan to do that then I suggest increasing the costs significantly. Information like that should not be cheap to.come by.
It's a beacon you put on your own planet though, not anyone you want.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
WoofyBear
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ω TITAN
Race: BEAR
ID: 8008

Sol wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:
Sol wrote:
Interesting.

It's a beacon you put on your own planet though, not anyone you want.
Still, its only 1 bil to put a beacon on. I put LOADS of beacons in all my planets just because with one hit on a dead account i have enough naq to put 100 beacons in a planet... the cost is really low.. could be because the beacon itself does so little... if it is decided to make them do more... up the cost a bit...

"...Although I have made a career out of remodeling the truth into convenient shapes while taking possession of commodities legally belonging to others. I would dispute the fact that what I've done has been wrong. Legally yes, but you should know that the universe is not by nature an equitable distributor of good health and good fortune."

FeedBack
Spoiler
Spoiler
Everyone else has nice little quotes about them in their sig.. I thought this one would be snazzy...
AeonKnight wrote: You know you single Handedly made nearly all of them inacitve. well done.
Spoiler
Cobolt wrote:
Another important thing regarding such things are that I also feel that my "shadow" shouldn´t be "everywhere" in the alliance. A legacy is in my opinion a good thing as long as it is on a foundation level, values and such. But if it seeps to much into things it is very hard for current leadership to make own policy as ppl tend to referr to "old ways" wich rarely are up to date.... As I have said to other leaders, it was never my intention to try to keep the alliance as a static entity - infact quite the opposite, I was adamant to keep evolving the alliance according to how the game developed, only thing I felt needed to be solid is the sprit, heart and foundation of Titans that in my opinion could be described with a few words - "good guys". :)
[/quote]
Spoiler
~Desert Phantom~ wrote:
Kjarkur wrote:
Bring it on TAF. ;)
TAF posted that?!?!...I thought ~DP~did!!!
Osiris™ wrote:

If there is anything you do suck on then its my back vagina ;)
You sir must like men doesn't mean I do and if I did KJ would be my type I don't go after bottom feeders :smt078
ZERO
Spoiler
On 1/14/14, at 5:12 PM, Dean Bailey Z E R O 1907332 HVE Canadia wrote:
> glad his return overshadowed our betrayal.

Return to “Game Suggestions”