Glory phase & double strike

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Couzens
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman
ID: 42786

Glory phase & double strike

Make them use 4/5 MTs, at least then its only once a week and not 3x, maybe increase g n r to 1500 aswell?

or just get rid xD yeah i don't like them in case any one didn't notice, or have a double defense/guaranteed AB for next x amount of hits

Best Regards
Couz

28/12 Updating this post, for clarity of the update currently in development. Currently live on dev, and likely coming to main :

No change to double strike stat bonus.

Using double strike OR glory phase, consumes ALL glory on use (minimum 1k)

All other glory items, such as APP, glory weapons etc, remain unchanged, and consume 1k glory.

4/1 - Feri's suggestions under consideration ( I.e, 1k + 15% total glory cost for Ds/phase, 1 Glory item active at a time etc. ) But the first set of updates remains live on dev.

- Caprila
Last edited by Caprila on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added update

~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Re: Glory phase & double strike

it is very over powered should be 50% or 25% for 1 mt

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

they can be frustrating. but also fun in onliners. probably the most frustrating thing for me is 99% of the time someone has tried to mass me in war they've used double strike which makes their ratio so much better. I've still come out on top as far as attack supers killed to my def super losses.

AS OF Feb 25, 17:04
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 751,697,064
Super Guards Lost 521,651,621

So tho it is annoying I kind of like the dynamic and I haven't had my defense 0'd since the update came out :-"
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 379,994,158,226,923
Attack Turns Used(1) 11,706
Super Soldier Lost 91,908,005

the losses arn't much at all with the dbl strike ;D and thats from 5th of april with 4 days ppt

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

or maybe dont let them be use in with each other, make it one or the other and only be able to use them once a week.

dont thin you should up the cost though, for some 1k GnR is a lot, isnt fair to those who dont have **Filtered** tons stored (speaking as someone with like 100k stored)
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

Most ppl uses 3 weeks to get 1000GnR. it can be done in 4-5 days.

The ones that have it stored kinda deserve to have that benefit, dont you think guild?

No i dont have much xD
Glory and Reputation Score (gained > rank 1,242) 97

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Couzens wrote:Make them use 4/5 MTs, at least then its only once a week and not 3x, maybe increase g n r to 1500 aswell?

or just get rid xD yeah i don't like them in case any one didn't notice, or have a double defense/guaranteed AB for next x amount of hits

Best Regards
Couz
*like*
Couzens
Forum Irregular
ID: 42786

still don't like them but seems i need a stronger case ;p

I know Double strike was sort of brought in as a way to help massers combat alliance repairs etc..

but what if we swapped it with some sort of 'supersonic device thingy' that just basically means u are undetectable in alliance logs for x amount of time or x amount of hits. This also provides no benefit for farming purposes and should help against the sniper play in which they only mass when they have a double strike handy.

~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp

Couzens wrote:still don't like them but seems i need a stronger case ;p

I know Double strike was sort of brought in as a way to help massers combat alliance repairs etc..

but what if we swapped it with some sort of 'supersonic device thingy' that just basically means u are undetectable in alliance logs for x amount of time or x amount of hits. This also provides no benefit for farming purposes and should help against the sniper play in which they only mass when they have a double strike handy.
i like the idea of an update that allows you to mass without the enemy alliance seeing it in the logs for a certain amount of time....very very sneaky ^_^ might have to look into and expand on that one!
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler
dgb
Forum Expert

~Odin~ #41 wrote:

i like the idea of an update that allows you to mass without the enemy alliance seeing it in the logs for a certain amount of time....very very sneaky ^_^ might have to look into and expand on that one!
No No No thats tafs strong point by pass our log watching my god noooo.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

This sounds like a good idea. I think double strike should remain but cost all your MTs. This way the uber defenses are still massable. I could never have touched feri's 500t def without double strike and I had 660mil supers in strike so imo double strike remain but cost 6 MTs and they should implement your idea.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

I think we're talking about two separate suggestions here.

.1. Modify the double strike, a reduction in strength and / or to allow less uses per week.

.2. Addition of a covert attack, of undefined cost in mts/glory, of which you are invisible to global logs (alliance and/or co ? )

I don't argue that double strike seems to have it's place. But perhaps not so often? If it's unpopular to have an increased cost in MT's, perhaps there could be a calendar days cooldown to using it.

A covert attack ability would certainly make things more interesting. But while it would need to be 'worth' your MT to use it, it would also need not to make alliance repairs & such totally irrelevant. Perhaps something as short as 15 minutes, with a significant cost / cooldown ? Enough to throw the first knife in the dark, as it were, but not enough to complete the job, if your alliance are really watching your back.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Not sure that I care either way about the double strike. As for the covert attack that might be fun but no planet conquering of course it is already far to easy to eat up quads of someone's naq at very little cost in fleets repair. There would need to be some type of counter for glory cov. massing.

Perhaps alliances should be given the option of alliance PPT activating automatically if a fair % of their alliance power is chewed up via/units killed or sab while a glory cov. attack occurred at any point in that same TC. Normal repairs or alliance repairs and units rebuilt will move the meter back though so onliners would not likely trigger a PPT.

They still haven't fixed Blood Realm yet all these suggestion threads are poppycock in my opin. but A+ for effort.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

I have another idea.

First let us ask ourselves why Double strike was introduced?
To make it possible to mass some ridiculously high defenses made in this game.

Second let us ask ourselves for what it is being used now and if it being abused, or overall what is the impact it has on the game and how that impact is felt negatively -> so basically why does it need to be changed?
It is being used by snipers and individuals to mess with the entire alliances.
It is being used in wars to demolish everything that stands.
It is being used by farmers to farm everything there is to farm.

Thus we can conclude, that while it serves it's initial purpose, it goes beyond that and starts messing with a whole other bunch of the game play parts.

And now the question is, how to fix this and make it so that the Double Strike is used for it's initial function?

My suggestion is the following.

Double strike has the same durration as it has now, and the same ability, however. Two changes.

1. It uses up all the MTs
2. Once used it can only be used on that 1 IP for the durration of the Double Strike bonus. If you attack another IP - you attack as if without the blessing.

Thus eliminating the option of

a) farming with it
b) running through alliances with it

This is my suggestion nothing more
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

SVaRuN wrote:I have another idea.

First let us ask ourselves why Double strike was introduced?
To make it possible to mass some ridiculously high defenses made in this game.

Second let us ask ourselves for what it is being used now and if it being abused, or overall what is the impact it has on the game and how that impact is felt negatively -> so basically why does it need to be changed?
It is being used by snipers and individuals to mess with the entire alliances.
It is being used in wars to demolish everything that stands.
It is being used by farmers to farm everything there is to farm.

Thus we can conclude, that while it serves it's initial purpose, it goes beyond that and starts messing with a whole other bunch of the game play parts.

And now the question is, how to fix this and make it so that the Double Strike is used for it's initial function?

My suggestion is the following.

Double strike has the same durration as it has now, and the same ability, however. Two changes.

1. It uses up all the MTs
2. Once used it can only be used on that 1 IP for the durration of the Double Strike bonus. If you attack another IP - you attack as if without the blessing.

Thus eliminating the option of

a) farming with it
b) running through alliances with it

This is my suggestion nothing more
=D>
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.

Return to “Game Suggestions”