True Blood

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

Re: True Blood

I like the fairy thing...but i also like cage fighter Tara and her oneliners when she comes back home...I can't put on here what she says's but if you watch the show you know what i mean :-D

Did they show episode 3 online last night or was last week a one off thus making me wait another week for my fix of the 3 F's :-k
Psyko
The Irresistible

I can't tell if they have posted Episode 3 on HBOGO yet, because it isn't letting me sign in, but if they do post it, it will probably be posted today. They had a 24 hr wait before they released Ep 2 online, anyway...

I'm in the same boat as you; I do not want to wait an additional week to see what comes next.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Just watched episode 3 and it's getting better, back in the swing of things.

[spoiler]Eric's memory loss is proving interesting, better than I thought. Loved the ending when he killed the Fairy and Sookie says 'You killed my Fairy God Mother' and he just did the puppy dog sorry thing lol

Bill is actually growing on me now he is the bad guy, also a great way to set him up for a fall.

Not sure about bringing the werewolves and werepanthers in and the inbread panthers gang raping Jason is just wrong in soooooooo many ways.

The Sheriff being on V still quite amusing thought cant see where thats going yet if anywhere.

Terra still being lame and shouty

Sookie still the hottie, but how come she's not reading minds ???

Tommy scam, dont know whats thats doing in this show, no loss is they kill him off

Lafiette as a witch still dont seem right, and the demon child just lol Also whats with the doll ??[/spoiler]

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I just watched episode 3 and it was great...i also read some small spoilers on whats to come here is the link....it does not give to much away but it make you want to watch them back to back :-D
www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/true-blood-au ... opses.html
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

quite excellent episode... as usual...

[spoiler]That memory loss could indeed become considerably more interesting...

As could that fae meddling in the wiccans... Its pretty obvious that one of the less friendly fae is responsible...

As for Eric... Its fairly obvious why the Fae were nearly made extinct, seeing how quickly one was drained...

That doll could also prove interesting.[/spoiler]
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Psyko
The Irresistible

I'm not sure how to take all the deviations from the books, but I love Eric and Pam and the episodes are still enthralling.

I don't consider this a spoiler: For some reason, I think the writers tend to forget that Sookie can read minds. They aren't adding it to the episodes and it's irritated me since Season 2 when the mind reading probably happened a total of 4 episodes. It is probably my biggest problem with the tv show.
[spoiler=]For instance, when she ran into Debbie Pelt at Alcide's house, she would have checked what she was actually thinking when being confronted with someone who had previously tried to kill her.[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

yes, that is somewhat annoying...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Series 4 Episode 4

Quite a lot seems to be happening as in little steps in lots of different stories but the stories are not coming together yet, and all this 'setting the scene' stuff is kind of boring.

[spoiler]Bright spot of the show Erik & Sookie as usual, Erik drunk on fairy blood while Sookie tries to keep him calm a safe was quite amusing but far to short. Is Sookie really falling for the new Erik ? Still no mind reading, and not even that ball of light thing when Erik wanted to drink her, whats the point of being half fairy with no powers ????

Jason getting raped and almost by a little girl still seriously messed up, but at least they finally got round to his escape. Still preferred him as the dumb guy who screws around, dont see any need to make him supernatural. Vamps can smell the wolves so when will Jess smell the panther in Jason ?

Terra, Laf & the witches. Still dull even if they are building the main witch up to be possessed by the evil fairy.

Andy on V has lots of potential

Bill screwing his own great great great great granddaughter, kinda messed up, but also when you think of it the older a vamp gets ( who had a family ) the more likely they will be running into relatives / descendants as the family tree's branch out.

Demon baby ? Whats up with that ? The father was a serial killer not supernatural, maybe something to do with being conceived in the rituals of that shaking woman.

Sam, no doubt the wolf will come for him, maybe a good fight coming up

Pam rotting ? Might have been better if she lost her memory instead, imagine Sookie looking after Pam & Erik and both of them constantly hitting on Sookie lol

Bill, back to dull again. Although its now been made clear he is a puppet king.

The other wolves, the girl is obviously jealous of Sookie and will try to attack her again at some point, maybe Jason will save Sookie with a cat -v- dog fight lol[/spoiler]

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

[spoiler]
MEZZANINE wrote:Bright spot of the show Erik & Sookie as usual, Erik drunk on fairy blood while Sookie tries to keep him calm a safe was quite amusing but far to short. Is Sookie really falling for the new Erik ? Still no mind reading, and not even that ball of light thing when Erik wanted to drink her, whats the point of being half fairy with no powers ????

Now it is even more understandable why the fairies were almost all extinguished... if pure fairy blood does to a vampire as serious amounts of alcohol does to humans, then fairies are in big trouble should vampires discover their survival... (vampires as in the majority, not just as in Eric/Bill)

MEZZANINE wrote:Jason getting raped and almost by a little girl still seriously messed up, but at least they finally got round to his escape. Still preferred him as the dumb guy who screws around, dont see any need to make him supernatural. Vamps can smell the wolves so when will Jess smell the panther in Jason ?

'twas for the best that the gang rape halted itself... and we rather liked how Felton got stung by an improvised spear. He was annoying, whereas crystal is merely interestingly crazy. Felton was pretty much used up.
Vampires can probably smell all types of shifters, but Jessica is a fairly young vampire, having only truly encountered one shifter type, the werewolf. (well, she's encountered generic shifter as well, but she probably does not recognize such) So even if she could smell panther, its not certain she'd recognize it as shifter smell. There is also the chance that Jason is incompatible with the panther infection, seeing as he has at least some fairy blood (if more diluted than Sookie's & not directly active). We would think it'd be fun if it did catch hold though. It looks quick, easy & natural for panthers like crystal, but no doubt the change is less pleasant for someone doing it for the first time.
No doubt, should the change take hold, it'll cause trouble with the local wolves...

MEZZANINE wrote:Terra, Laf & the witches. Still dull even if they are building the main witch up to be possessed by the evil fairy.

We rather like the inquisition era witchery coming back... Wiccans are generally portrayed as harmless, yet how well would the human public take it if a Wiccan like the one burned became public knowledge? Would the church start targeting Wiccans more than vampires?
The church only has a weak defense for speaking of vampires as evil. Witches have a history of being targeted, and they most certainly often come across as evil.
in the memory loss episode, it looked like a fairy, yet in this one it was more like that burned witch. There was no fairy bleed-through, only burning eyes.
We suspect it might be more than one spirit.

MEZZANINE wrote:Andy on V has lots of potential

Potential, yes... But they're not using it. And why in the name Hel herself did not Bill smell the V on/in him? It has been made clear that vampires can smell V users...

MEZZANINE wrote:Bill screwing his own great great great great granddaughter, kinda messed up, but also when you think of it the older a vamp gets ( who had a family ) the more likely they will be running into relatives / descendants as the family tree's branch out.

They only get more likelyhood if they had mortal descendants before turning, which it would appear not too many had. Bill at least was his old honorable self, and took distance the moment he discovered the relation...

MEZZANINE wrote:Demon baby ? Whats up with that ? The father was a serial killer not supernatural, maybe something to do with being conceived in the rituals of that shaking woman.

Now this is strange...
The child was actually conceived before that maenad caused all sorts of trouble... But Maenad intervention during pregnancy combined with that attempted Wiccan abortion sure ain't going to make supernaturality less likely. Especially if it is as sookie said "an old soul"...

MEZZANINE wrote:Sam, no doubt the wolf will come for him, maybe a good fight coming up

What we wonder about is who that wolf is... Is it a new character or one already encountered?

MEZZANINE wrote:Pam rotting ? Might have been better if she lost her memory instead, imagine Sookie looking after Pam & Erik and both of them constantly hitting on Sookie lol

Memory loss has become old. Besides, as we said above, we think it might be more than one spirit meddling with that witch... It is most unlikely that the one casting the curses would willingly give out solutions to them...
Whereas a vampire like Eric works well as an amnesiac, it would have little meaning in Pam. We've been told almost nothing of her history, so little is lost. Women like her are however rather wain. She cares about her looks. Thus a rotting curse is fitting.
For some reason we suspect such curses are not to be found in the average grimoire. No doubt vampires, once they got rid of the inquisition, made sure to destroy what they could of the material from it. Especially impractical curses that reveal their identity. We suspect such a curse is rather high level, so if Pam were to inform Bill, he's sure to have to inform Nan Flannigan. And that could bring in a whole new level of mess.

MEZZANINE wrote:Bill, back to dull again. Although its now been made clear he is a puppet king.

He is puppet, yet not willing puppet. Part of the reason you find him dull is that he is insufferably honorable, is it not?

MEZZANINE wrote:The other wolves, the girl is obviously jealous of Sookie and will try to attack her again at some point, maybe Jason will save Sookie with a cat -v- dog fight lol

We're not so sure about this...[/spoiler]

Oh, and Psyko... Since you've read the books... Do these guesses from us and Mezzanine make you laugh whenever they are far off from the truth as the books give it?

Psyko
The Irresistible

Zeratul wrote:Oh, and Psyko... Since you've read the books... Do these guesses from us and Mezzanine make you laugh whenever they are far off from the truth as the books give it?
Not really, as most of the plot deviations are not a part of the books. For instance, the books don't have Jessica or Tommy Mickens, Bill isn't King, Lafayette is dead, Tara's left town, Arlene never had a third baby (let alone Rene's child), you don't "see" the witch's side of things, Jason's storyline is slightly different, the fairies haven't completely come into play (though Sookie's fairy godmother and her twin brother are active in her life), Sam doesn't have a woman cuz he's mooning over Sookie still, Pam is not cursed/attacked, and so many other things.

Your guesses are actually pretty good considering the plot lines present in the tv show. I have no idea how they will take it, but I do hope they have the Debbie Pelt story line play out like it did in the books. :-"

[spoiler]
Zeratul wrote:
MEZZANINE wrote:Bill, back to dull again. Although its now been made clear he is a puppet king.

He is puppet, yet not willing puppet. Part of the reason you find him dull is that he is insufferably honorable, is it not?
HAHAHAHAHAHA Honorable. *scoffs* He's always doing what other people tell him to do.[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict

Series 4 Episode 5

[spoiler]Finally Sookie used mind-reading, although she really should have used it earlier on the Wicker Waitress.

Has Erik got his memory back and faking it to get into Sookie ??? He seemed to have look of recognition when Terra ranted at him about his past. They both came out the closet lol

Boring Bill captures the witch and gets no where, but now he knows where Erik is will he catch Sookie & Erik in bed ??? Hope so, and hope Erik kicks his ass lol Nice to see Godric, hope he gets more airtime.

New Shamen blah blah

Will Jason change into a Panther on the full moon ? If yes who will see, his new dream girl Jess ? Damn that was a messed up scene, why does Jason get all the sicko scenes this season.

Tommy kills his parents, blah blah who cares

Guessing the new wolf pack leader will also be the stalker[/spoiler]

Spoiler
Planets Taken(5000) 411
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

oo ty forgot about it tonight il go watch ^^

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

[spoiler=that Bill discussion:]He's got an civil war era version of honor. Its rather insufferable.[/spoiler]

MEZZANINE wrote:Series 4 Episode 5

[spoiler]Finally Sookie used mind-reading, although she really should have used it earlier on the Wicker Waitress.

Has Erik got his memory back and faking it to get into Sookie ??? He seemed to have look of recognition when Terra ranted at him about his past. They both came out the closet lol

Boring Bill captures the witch and gets no where, but now he knows where Erik is will he catch Sookie & Erik in bed ??? Hope so, and hope Erik kicks his ass lol Nice to see Godric, hope he gets more airtime.

New Shamen blah blah

Will Jason change into a Panther on the full moon ? If yes who will see, his new dream girl Jess ? Damn that was a messed up scene, why does Jason get all the sicko scenes this season.

Tommy kills his parents, blah blah who cares

Guessing the new wolf pack leader will also be the stalker[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Mezz' post:]We think Eric is still empty, but he knows on some deep level when something he's told about himself rings true.
The mind reading was about time...

We rather like how Tommy is turning out... Seeing he's now become a skin changer... We actually expected sam to kill tommy, not for tommy to kill his parents...

The shaman storyline will turn out interesting, especially in relation to the wiccan mess...

Your feelings on the stalker / packmaster fits our theory as well...[/spoiler]

Psyko
The Irresistible

Huge Spoilers:
[spoiler]This article has a video with a sneak peak of the rest of the season. Little clips that show what's down the road. It can confirm certain theories or completely destroy them. Make sure you want to know before you click Play.

http://www.inside-true-blood-blog.com/blog/2011/7/25/the-fangover-finallythe-long-awaited-kiss-godric-trends-worl.html?cmpid=ABC123[/spoiler]
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

knowing that would prevent considerable chances for guesswork... and lots of wrong guesses...

Not pressin' it!

Return to “The TV room”