new update

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

new update

its No this update with 33 % from real population....at least you can put an option to untrain our prist who stay there for nothing...
or cant buy more then that procent.
for second ..who care about that logs???
Last edited by ™LoT on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

™LoT
Forum Regular

Re: new update

half on my prist stay ther for nothing...and with this update admin try to stop faster ascending??

Borek
Forum Addict

Yup this is pretty stupid, no warning given, no way to untrain, plus everyone ahead of me is now completely uncatchable and you have just tripled the time for every ascension from now on.

Rather pointless when it was already going to take us 6 months to reach the max, now 18 months, how is that quicker than just ascending an account in main?
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
™LoT
Forum Regular

anyway why 33% and not 50%?? and cant train more prist over the limit or can untrain them if you have it?

Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

The original premise was to increase attacking by having the Priests produce naq. That did not work out, statistical evidence thereon was clear. The singular builds (priests only) were still too strong, despite our efforts to make sure varied builds were given preference. :D

Now, the idea was to create a requirement balance, much like in Main (although Main 'inspires' it through mechanics). After a while we figured having Priests balanced by income means 'forcing' the change in builds.

To put it in other words: "There are a lots of 'priest counts high; low else' - builds... we should figure a way to make it so having only priests hurts you. The 'gains naq' is not enough, defection or some such." As usual.. early adapters..

To answer your questions LoT;
Yes, you can train over the 'limit', but your priests will not contribute.
Regarding the actual limit of 33%; that seems a bit of a misunderstanding, hold your horses while I go after it.

So yes; update is happening, but this is not the final form. Keep giving feedback, please. :D (But remain calm, things are never as bad as they seem.)
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

The purpose of newgrounds it to ascend. Therefore their should generally be one type of build. I liked it the way it was
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Borek
Forum Addict

Well the only way to farm decent naq is to build a lot of MS's, the only way to build a lot of MS's is to sacrifice massive amounts of your army, now when we do that we screw ourselves over by having less army and even less ascension points earnt.

So right now i am looking at 12500 total priests, but only about 35% of them are actually doing anything apart from making me extra naq. Rather than taking 1.5 more days to ascend i have to wait around 4.5 days. Someone who has just ascended is going to be even more screwed than i am.

I wouldn't mind so much if i could actually get the un-used priests back again, obviously after i ascend then i can re-jig my army size and build plans to suit the new changes.

IMO at the very least you should make this change work only once an account ascends, so they still gain the benefits of the build model they had in place at the time it went live.

Another option is to increase the higgs earnt per priest and keep the cap, so people can still ascend at roughly the same rate, but have to build their armies in a different way which i assume is what you want.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

Btw this galactic attack log stuff is lame to. Lag it by an hour not three stinking minutes or ppl doing farm runs for ascensions will get it sniped way to easily
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Borek
Forum Addict

doc holliday wrote:Btw this galactic attack log stuff is lame to. Lag it by an hour not three stinking minutes or ppl doing farm runs for ascensions will get it sniped way to easily
I agree, making it too easy to see people building up naq for ascension is bad, at least before they had to actively check the rankings which requires SOME effort :P
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

doc holliday wrote:The purpose of newgrounds it to ascend. Therefore their should generally be one type of build. I liked it the way it was
No. The purpose of Newgrounds is to learn to play the game before entering Main.
I am glad you liked the way it was, and I am pretty sure you will like the way it is now just as much, maybe after a little while. :D

Borek, yes.. I appreciate your idea regarding the AP increase. It is done. The slowing down effect was too extreme. :)

Regarding the Galactic Logs, increasing the delay is a good notion.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Juliette wrote:
doc holliday wrote:The purpose of newgrounds it to ascend. Therefore their should generally be one type of build. I liked it the way it was
No. The purpose of Newgrounds is to learn to play the game before entering Main.
I am glad you liked the way it was, and I am pretty sure you will like the way it is now just as much, maybe after a little while. :D

Borek, yes.. I appreciate your idea regarding the AP increase. It is done. The slowing down effect was too extreme. :)

Regarding the Galactic Logs, increasing the delay is a good notion.

Wait... NG is supposed to be like main? did someone forget to take their wacky pills?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Andy! wrote:
Juliette wrote:
doc holliday wrote:The purpose of newgrounds it to ascend.
Wait... NG is supposed to be like main? did someone forget to take their wacky pills?
No, someone forgot to take their reading classes this summer. :) Bad Andy!
'Learn to play the game' != 'Have an identical game to play'
For comparison see Quantum, Main and Ascended as examples of the same game but different setup.

Galactic Logs delay increased to 15 minutes.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Andy! wrote:
Juliette wrote:
doc holliday wrote:The purpose of newgrounds it to ascend.
No, someone forgot to take their reading classes this summer. :) Bad Andy!
'Learn to play the game' != 'Have an identical game to play'
For comparison see Quantum, Main and Ascended as examples of the same game but different setup.

Galactic Logs delay increased to 15 minutes.

NG confused the **Filtered** outta me!"

And no, the optician about a week ago said my eyes are near perfect
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Andy! wrote:NG confused the **Filtered** outta me!"
Did you read the explanations? Usually that helps, and yes, often people refuse it because 'they are 1337 enough to figure it out themselves'. ;)
Andy! wrote:And no, the optician about a week ago said my eyes are near perfect
ROFL, I said classes, not glasses.. brilliantly played. :-D
Bromas
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Andy! wrote:NG confused the **Filtered** outta me!"
Did you read the explanations? Usually that helps, and yes, often people refuse it because 'they are 1337 enough to figure it out themselves'. ;)
Andy! wrote:And no, the optician about a week ago said my eyes are near perfect
ROFL, I said classes, not glasses.. brilliantly played. :-D

Was hoping someone would get the pun :)

And no, I figured I'd just mass down all the legal multis

Return to “New Grounds General”