Pay To Win

But not bugs.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Pay To Win

LOL, When you pay 50 bucks you get so much that it would be hard to compete.13k untrained units? If you payed 50 at each ascension level after say level 12 or so, you have the ability to grow Higgs much quicker then someone who is not paying, especially with the benefit of over 1 bil naq coming your way. You also get almost 100 added to your UP. I am at level 11 now, I do not see any way I can compete with that. The new update made this even harder because because priests are now much weaker than they were before.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Pay To Win

Everything given in return for donations can be gained with war / naquadah theft; this is why you receive resources, and not extreme special features. Ultimately it is a simple 'time vs. $' tradeoff, just like in life. ;) Priests are twice as powerful, not weaker. 100% priest focus is no longer feasible, you are now stimulated to use a mix of troops and attack activity.

The bonus gained from choosing $ in the aforementioned tradeoff, is not so great that putting time into growing your account will not do the same. :)

Of course if something is wrong, we can take action when verified.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

LOL, My account must have been bugged before then. Before the update my priests were making 1 higg per turn each with no tech upgrades. Now I have to upgrade tech to close to 50 to get the same higgs. Without tech my priests now do around half or so higgs per turn each. You get PPT with the supporter upgrade so war isn't possible because those resources will be spent before any attack is possible.
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

**Filtered** wrote:LOL, My account must have been bugged before then. Before the update my priests were making 1 higg per turn each with no tech upgrades. Now I have to upgrade tech to close to 50 to get the same higgs. Without tech my priests now do around half or so higgs per turn each. You get PPT with the supporter upgrade so war isn't possible because those resources will be spent before any attack is possible.

This is all because if your pastors are over 33% of your army size then any pastors above the 33% mark no longer gives you the benefit of producing higgs. This update was put out about a week ago and if you look at the help question mark for the pastors it will tell you the same thing.
This thread may give you a better explanation of the update:
viewtopic.php?f=288&t=194350
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Actually, I posted this somewhere in another part of the Forum:

I don't think it works like ppl are saying it does. I have 2657 total army size. 2607 are priests, way over 33%. Tech is at 58, higgs production is at 2800/turn. I waited for 1 turn, got 8 more, trained them to priests and higgs production went up to 2807. If only 33% give higgs, then adding those 8 would have done nothing to increase my production since I am way past 33% already. My take on it is that those priests still give higgs, so they are not dead weight, but only 33% worth of your total population in priests give the extra higgs you get for tech bonuses. So yo can still train most of your population to priests you just don't get the bonus for all of them. They still help though in base higgs production.

So they still do produce higgs, I just proved it.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”