APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Warrsy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1993672

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

Sol wrote:
Warrsy614 wrote:Just thought i'd ask seeing as i still don't really know much about this and i am still ascending...

I have 71t lfc waiting to convert so if i ascend in 3 weeks clearly not all of it will be converted. Does this mean that if i were to ascend again and get another 71t that it would stack or would it just top it up to 99t?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question.

Joe.

stack, there are no caps now.

Thanks Sol :smt060
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

Greetings.

Ok, so I just ascended for the 21st time. And now I have to wait over 2 months to convert the APP which I received just for fulfilling the ascension requirements..
Now that's ridiculous. By that time I will probably ascend again and receive another APP which will take another 2 months to convert and so on. I don't know how many times can one ascend now, but each ascension will prevent receiving turns for at least 2 months. And thats in case of having on main only what is required not pumping the account to receive more APP.
And if I get massed the conversion will take even longer..

Even if you wish to prevent too fast growing by new players (I cannot also understand why) by sacrificing much more than needed on main, APP received just for ascension requirements should be available instantly and only anything over this slowly.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

B0rg wrote:Greetings.

Ok, so I just ascended for the 21st time. And now I have to wait over 2 months to convert the APP which I received just for fulfilling the ascension requirements..
Now that's ridiculous. By that time I will probably ascend again and receive another APP which will take another 2 months to convert and so on. I don't know how many times can one ascend now, but each ascension will prevent receiving turns for at least 2 months. And thats in case of having on main only what is required not pumping the account to receive more APP.
And if I get massed the conversion will take even longer..

Even if you wish to prevent too fast growing by new players (I cannot also understand why) by sacrificing much more than needed on main, APP received just for ascension requirements should be available instantly and only anything over this slowly.

I think the new strategy now is to ascend with only enough APP to last for 2/3/6/9/12 weeks or however long you plan to take ascending to the next level. Sneak an AT refill in too right before you ascend.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sniperwax wrote:I think the new strategy now is to ascend with only enough APP to last for 2/3/6/9/12 weeks or however long you plan to take ascending to the next level. Sneak an AT refill in too right before you ascend.
So wasteful. Time is not important.. it will take you a little while to get your APP converted, but hey, what the hell. You get them all anyway. No caps, nice stacking..

Earlier I discussed the possibilities of big ascensions with someone, which led us to a point where we would 'slow'-ascend 7 times, at a cost of 5Q Naq per ascension. Then after 19 years you would have converted all your APP, and you could brag in the Old Folks' Home about your epic ascended account. :-D
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:I think the new strategy now is to ascend with only enough APP to last for 2/3/6/9/12 weeks or however long you plan to take ascending to the next level. Sneak an AT refill in too right before you ascend.
So wasteful. Time is not important.. it will take you a little while to get your APP converted, but hey, what the hell. You get them all anyway. No caps, nice stacking..

Earlier I discussed the possibilities of big ascensions with someone, which led us to a point where we would 'slow'-ascend 7 times, at a cost of 5Q Naq per ascension. Then after 19 years you would have converted all your APP, and you could brag in the Old Folks' Home about your epic ascended account. :-D

It depends on your farming capability. Those 4k AT = massive dmu with the right technique. How is 7t LF in 2 weeks better than 7t LF + 100q dmu? Then you save up along the way for a massive ascension down the road. Where does wasteful fall into the equation here?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sniperwax wrote:
Juliette wrote:

It depends on your farming capability. Those 4k AT = massive dmu with the right technique. How is 7t LF in 2 weeks better than 7t LF + 100q dmu? Then you save up along the way for a massive ascension down the road. Where does wasteful fall into the equation here?
To each their own. :)
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:[spoiler]
Sniperwax wrote:
Juliette wrote:

[/spoiler] To each their own. :)

I mean you are correct like 97.2% of the time Juliette but I just wonder where the wasteful part comes into play. If you can't be arsed to farm or you are just terrible at it hitting 75t targets like a champ then you are correct...sort of.

The APP needed for 2 weeks of steady conversion and an AT refill at the end is surprisingly low. This is rather cost effective per ascension and make the new system nerf slightly less damning to new players.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sniperwax wrote:I mean you are correct like 97.2% of the time Juliette but I just wonder where the wasteful part comes into play. If you can't be arsed to farm or you are just terrible at it hitting 75t targets like a champ then you are correct...sort of.

The APP needed for 2 weeks of steady conversion and an AT refill at the end is surprisingly low. This is rather cost effective per ascension and make the new system nerf slightly less damning to new players.
75T?! My god. You are making a joke here, I trust. :)

The effect of this update cancelling the positive effect of bigger ascensions is a bad thing in my opinion. The original situation with 100T max converted per 5 months allowed you to ascend with 99T, convert, wait 2 weeks and do it all again. Last Friday night.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Juliette wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:I mean you are correct like 97.2% of the time Juliette but I just wonder where the wasteful part comes into play. If you can't be arsed to farm or you are just terrible at it hitting 75t targets like a champ then you are correct...sort of.

75T?! My god. You are making a joke here, I trust. :)

The effect of this update cancelling the positive effect of bigger ascensions is a bad thing in my opinion. The original situation with 100T max converted per 5 months allowed you to ascend with 99T, convert, wait 2 weeks and do it all again. Last Friday night.

I understand that and I don't necessarily argue with it anymore. As for the strategy though under new system I cannot think of a more efficient method for active ascenders. Hell even if you are a 75t/hit scrub this is still the most efficient ascension method.
B0rg
Forum Grunt

Juliette wrote:

But that is my point. It's not a little while.
It's over two months for me to convert APP received for building on main only what's required to ascend. No single naq more than necessary sacrificed. For someone with less planets on ascended it could be even two times longer.
So if I don't wanna lose APP I am prohibited from gaining turns until it is converted and before that happens I will ascend again, so there will be another months with no additional turns. As long as I will be ascending I will play 3 times less than I would be otherwise.

Furthermore after doing the maths it seems that it is even more efficient to let this APP convert instead of gaining more turns and farm. In other words the system encourages ppl to gain more by doing nothing instead of playing actively.
That's why I say that APP received for building just ascension requirements should be gained instantly and if someone wants more than ok, may him wait if you have to.

As to the ppl who build much on main to ascend and gain more APP. Why stop them this way? Even with this there is little possibility for them to match old players, who were building their accounts for years. Not to mention how difficult it is to start playing on ascended. It takes ages before one could start farming reasonable amounts of DMU to build.
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Warrsy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1993672

B0rg wrote:
Juliette wrote:

It's over two months for me to convert APP received for building on main only what's required to ascend. No single naq more than necessary sacrificed. For someone with less planets on ascended it could be even two times longer.
So if I don't wanna lose APP I am prohibited from gaining turns until it is converted and before that happens I will ascend again, so there will be another months with no additional turns. As long as I will be ascending I will play 3 times less than I would be otherwise.

I wouldn't worry with the way i ascend it will take me most of the year to get my cache. I'm not really surely how this will benefit the newer player or make them want to carry on playing. Would they really want to wait 2 months to recieve their cache from their ascension?
~wilco~
Forum Expert

i thnink it should at least allow for faster conversion for the bigger ascensions at least to try help the people who earn it by building their main before ascending rather than makign them wait all the time to build their ascended.
Bioflick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Mayhem
Alternate name(s): Bioflick

~wilco~ wrote:i thnink it should at least allow for faster conversion for the bigger ascensions at least to try help the people who earn it by building their main before ascending rather than makign them wait all the time to build their ascended.

Or making it available from ascending nr 1-10 or something

Taf descensions 2014
Spoiler
dapice
Firefly
[ Tauri Alliance - AussieOiOi]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Kristof
[ TÅTS - Columb]
DESCENDED UnKnown of the TOLAH

VAGABOND
Ash to Ash
[ Tauri Alliance - NoMad]
DESCENDED UnNamed of the ORI

X91
[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnKnown of the ORI

Aizen
Squad 5
[ TÅTS - Destroyer]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

B0rg wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Furthermore after doing the maths it seems that it is even more efficient to let this APP convert instead of gaining more turns and farm. In other words the system encourages ppl to gain more by doing nothing instead of playing actively.
That's why I say that APP received for building just ascension requirements should be gained instantly and if someone wants more than ok, may him wait if you have to.

As to the ppl who build much on main to ascend and gain more APP. Why stop them this way? Even with this there is little possibility for them to match old players, who were building their accounts for years. Not to mention how difficult it is to start playing on ascended. It takes ages before one could start farming reasonable amounts of DMU to build.

I thought about that actually. Not everyone is able to make like 20t-40t dmu per AT. If you can't make at least 12t-15t per AT (still rather weak farm yield) then turn refills are mostly irrelevant for you.

It is surprising though to see that bare minimum ascension APP takes months to convert. What is your expanse size exactly? I consider my realm small(5-7b usually) and I didn't calculate any such APP stockpiles from bare minimum ascensions.
B0rg
Forum Grunt

It is surprising though to see that bare minimum ascension APP takes months to convert. What is your expanse size exactly? I consider my realm small(5-7b usually) and I didn't calculate any such APP stockpiles from bare minimum ascensions.

24b with almost 17b of life force converted each turn. So for you it would take even longer to convert minimum APPs. I find it also strange that amounts of converted APPs depend on the size of account. Another advantage for bigger players.

I thought about that actually. Not everyone is able to make like 20t-40t dmu per AT. If you can't make at least 12t-15t per AT (still rather weak farm yield) then turn refills are mostly irrelevant for you.

I do hits for average 375t dmu and still it is more efficient for me to wait for conversion rather than farm. Maybe it wouldn't be if my account was smaller, but on the other hand if it was, I would probably farm less being unable to hit big farms.
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”