Further Plague Effects

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Further Plague Effects

Been thinking...

I do think this is a little aimed at one particular account. Now where this imo is a good update, I still think that it is grossly unfair on one single account.

Hardly anybody else is in plague due to the current restrictions that were updated recently.

I agree that things have to be put into place to stop anything so untouchable occuring again. I just don't think it should be at RW's account cost.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Field Marshall wrote:Been thinking...

I do think this is a little aimed at one particular account. Now where this imo is a good update, I still think that it is grossly unfair on one single account.

Hardly anybody else is in plague due to the current restrictions that were updated recently.

I agree that things have to be put into place to stop anything so untouchable occuring again. I just don't think it should be at RW's account cost.

x2

Well said FM.

I think Rodwolf's idea above makes more sense btw.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

I think the reduced strike is a good one - the attacker is still going to take massive losses.

Of two minds on the blessing but over all okay.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

If we're all so bent on changing this, why don't we just dramatically increase the plague cap. That way people can invest the resources necessary to build comparable things without having to sneak their way into a defense massing?

Besides, plague was originally something very hard to attain...now we have dozens of people, if not hundreds, that hang out there or above.

Maybe make the buy cap 250, raid cap 500, plague 750.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Mathlord wrote:If we're all so bent on changing this, why don't we just dramatically increase the plague cap. That way people can invest the resources necessary to build comparable things without having to sneak their way into a defense massing?

Besides, plague was originally something very hard to attain...now we have dozens of people, if not hundreds, that hang out there or above.

An alternative that will save Rodwolf, but it will also limit accessability into the game for new players as if the standard becomes 500m+...it's a lot of raiding..if that's the case, UP should increase x1.25 across the board...
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

additionally make mercs unavailable to accounts at plague
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Field Marshall wrote:
Mathlord wrote:If we're all so bent on changing this, why don't we just dramatically increase the plague cap. That way people can invest the resources necessary to build comparable things without having to sneak their way into a defense massing?

An alternative that will save Rodwolf, but it will also limit accessability into the game for new players as if the standard becomes 500m+...it's a lot of raiding..if that's the case, UP should increase x1.25 across the board...

It wouldn't save Rodwolf. It would then just challenge people to build the strike necessary to take him down instead of finding ways to make a strike they currently feel comfortable having able to take him down.

We keep debating whether his defense is unmassable and whether it should be massable by the majority of the game. The thing is, no matter what we do, a 200 tril+ defense can only be brought down by the best and brightest this game has to offer. Nothing will ever change the fact that the big guns can outbuild the small guns. I personally view his current defense as massable. Hell I was drooling all over it a few weeks back when his number of spies dropped somewhat (if only I had spy 39 :smt106 ). However, lifting the caps would most certainly allow it to be massable as any self-respecting top-tier alliance can gather the resources necessary to build a 200-250 tril strike, now without the bonds of the raid limit holding them back from gathering the necessary troops, even though there were ways around that too.

If you want excitement in the game though, give people something new to strive for. If you want to make it impossible for people to grow much above the plague, then people will give up interest in growing their accounts at a certain point and go turtle (or change their playing style, which is fine too). This game was originally a game of unit production and people pushing their army sizes. It was a thing of pride when people reached new milestones. This would be a way of opening up the game again to those kind of expanses and achievements, plus give people something to do other than mass eachother.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Rodwolf and I agreed on msn that this problem started because Jason did not review the plague for several years.

@ Mathlord TAF couldnt mass the 100t Defence in your recent war with OE.

Fix the plague and forget about all these band aid solutions.

Find the courage to do whats right for the game.

Everything should be massable without having to spend cash to play a free game.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Robe wrote:Rodwolf and I agreed on msn that this problem started because Jason did not review the plague for several years.

@ Mathlord TAF couldnt mass the 100t Defence in your recent war with OE.

Fix the plague and forget about all these band aid solutions.

Find the courage to do whats right for the game.

Everything should be massable without having to spend cash to play a free game.

You dont have to spend $$ to mass his defense, and its not unmassable. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:You dont have to spend $$ to mass his defense, and its not unmassable. ;)

No player has acquired Covert 39 in the game without using ca$h and that is what you would need in order to take on a player with 750-800t covert power.

Alliance defence repairs make it too expensive to mass large defences unless you have access to unlimited UU through ca$h $pending.

Time for us to consider what is good for the game.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Robe wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:You dont have to spend $$ to mass his defense, and its not unmassable. ;)

No player has acquired Covert 39 in the game without using ca$h and that is what you would need in order to take on a player with 750-800t covert power.

Alliance defence repairs make it too expensive to mass large defences unless you have access to unlimited UU through ca$h $pending.

I dont agree with this at all, I have access to roughly 3bil UU and I havent spent any $$ on them.

I agree 100%, here ya go

Cap discussion with ascended items in it
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=183898

Rookie Central/The Camps
http://theshadowknights.net/thecamps/index.php

ALL designed for new players, small players, developing players, casual players, intense players, veteran players and elite players.

Lets discuss.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Robe wrote:

I dont agree with this at all, I have access to roughly 3bil UU and I havent spent any $$ on them.

Because we all have 3 bill UU stored don't we #-o
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Robe wrote:

I agree 100%, here ya go

Cap discussion with ascended items in it
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=183898

Rookie Central/The Camps
http://theshadowknights.net/thecamps/index.php

ALL designed for new players, small players, developing players, casual players, intense players, veteran players and elite players.

Lets discuss.

Deni
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Robe wrote:Rodwolf and I agreed on msn that this problem started because Jason did not review the plague for several years.

You know whats kinda funny here ...

How you, Robe, only reply to the topic to get this plaque thing adjusted in your favor, but how you steer clear of the other topics, like the capping. And how your minions only reply there with generally negative comments.

I know there is a lot of "mod bias" talk going round lately, but I'll point the bloody bias finger in your direction too in this one.

You do not want to better the game for new comers and other players, you want to get updates through that benefit you and your team. You people talk about skills, but refuse to make you use them more and want everything done easy.

From all the suggestions made, I have to say this one is the most trivial.
Its about one or two people who have huge stats, which can be taken down by other people with huge stats, no noobies or low level players in involved.

To me it seems like your being selfish and prefer to have it easy for your team Robe.

Lately, it seems the game is just getting adjusted to suite the needs of the high rollers and biggest players .... no wonder this game has lost its appeal.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Nostra wrote:

You know whats kinda funny here ...

How you, Robe, only reply to the topic to get this plaque thing adjusted in your favor, but how you steer clear of the other topics, like the capping. And how your minions only reply there with generally negative comments.

I know there is a lot of "mod bias" talk going round lately, but I'll point the bloody bias finger in your direction too in this one.

You do not want to better the game for new comers and other players, you want to get updates through that benefit you and your team. You people talk about skills, but refuse to make you use them more and want everything done easy.

From all the suggestions made, I have to say this one is the most trivial.
Its about one or two people who have huge stats, which can be taken down by other people with huge stats, no noobies or low level players in involved.

To me it seems like your being selfish and prefer to have it easy for your team Robe.

Lately, it seems the game is just getting adjusted to suite the needs of the high rollers and biggest players .... no wonder this game has lost its appeal.

=D>

Deni

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”