Glory Shop

When BIG changes come, some advance notice MAY be given, depending on the type of enhancement.
this is where to discuss these that are announced, and where we announce them.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Glory Shop

GeneralChaos wrote:
Borek wrote:
Clarkey wrote:I say that considering g&r is used to ascend an account the only thing g&r should additionally be able to boost is APP. Nothing else, no way, absolutely not, nada.
tbh i got no problem with that at all
+1

Using the GnR for any boost in main will just push the server closer to that edge, dont give the bigger players a bigger advantage, i dont know how admin can see this as a good idea.
*likes*

(Although I can see how it would seem (and be) a good idea, but I like the only APP bonus best.)
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Last thing this game needs now is a bigger advantage for the major accounts.

More strategy, skills, team-work. Now that's a game people enjoy playing.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Eisen Feuer
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

I was just thinking about this update today and I had an idea! [-X

Anyhow that idea is that you have things that unlocked at a certain ascension number.
say 1-4 gets you a,b, and c. Then 5-8 unlocks a1,b1 and c1. Then 9-12 would unlock the final upgrades a2,b2, and c2. Next 13-16 unlocks d, e, f. 17-20 unlocks d1, e1, and f2. 21-23 unlocks d2, e2, and f2.

A is greater income production %
B is greater Unit Production %
C is random bonus tech %
D is lower cost of units %
E is lower cost of planet %
F is lower cost of MS upgrades %

the way this would work is you could get a, b, and c at the lower ascensions and its Glory cost is lower. Meaning newer players that haven't ascended as high as all the Unknowns would have more affordable bonuses from the Glory Shop. Though if you are an Unknown you can get all of the shop items at a greater cost.

say a, b, and c =500 G&R, a1, b1, and c1 =1000 G&R, and a2, b2, and c2 costs 2000 G&R for base levels but at 23 they would be 3 or 4 times as expensive.
then d, e, and f = 3000 G&R, d1, e1, and f1 = 5000 G&R, and d2, e2, and f2 costs 10000 G&R

total G&R if at level 23 would be...96k G&R for all upgrades.
diji_dragon
Forum Newbie
ID: 43588

Cersei Lannister wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:
Borek wrote:
Clarkey wrote:I say that considering g&r is used to ascend an account the only thing g&r should additionally be able to boost is APP. Nothing else, no way, absolutely not, nada.
tbh i got no problem with that at all
+1

Using the GnR for any boost in main will just push the server closer to that edge, dont give the bigger players a bigger advantage, i dont know how admin can see this as a good idea.
*likes*

(Although I can see how it would seem (and be) a good idea, but I like the only APP bonus best.)

+1 :)
_willie_
Forum Elite
Race: Forgotten

you know alot of you guys keep saying we have tons of APP but the majority of the big guys that are always warring usually use nox which takes a point away for each turn you are on it. so alot of us arnt that high on G&R
MOD SPEAK
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

To be honest, I'd really like a GnR shop, because it would add a new dimension to the game. BUT, I think the glory system needs to be rethought if this happens.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
DrakeSaber
Forum Newbie
Alliance: CotBD
Race: Kage Asura

Or, as was previously stated, what could be done, is this:
1. One-time option: To open G&R shop=5k g&r, causes reset of g&r.
2. Lower Ascended levels give MORE bonus, for LESS g&r costs.
0-10 (tier one): 5* shop-goods, costs 500 g&r for the atk/def weapons/naq boost 750 g&r for UU/UP boosts, & 1k for double ab/double def boosts.
11-15 (tier two): 3* shop goods, costs 5*tier one cost (ie: 2500 g&r for atk/def weapons, etc)
16-20 (tier three): 2* shop goods, cost *7 tier one costs. ( 3500 g&r for atk/def weapons, etc).
21+ (final tier): 1* shop goods, cost 10* tier one costs (ie 5000 g&r for atk/def weapons, etc)

Ex of *goods bonus: tier one would have 10* def/5 days (5* standard 'double def/1day).
Lower your shields and surrender your countries. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile.
LordRevan
Forum Newbie
ID: 49044

One way to limiting G&R to top accounts has been already suggested, in a nutshell: the more you have ascended the less you get. However this still leaves us with top players with tens of thousands G&R.

Here's my alternative: add a multiplier based on your ascension level to G&R shop prices. Something that costs 1 for a Prior will cost 23 for Unknown (these are just examples, however the multiplier can simply be your ascension level, 0 to 23, with zero meaning you can't buy anything; this in fact results in really punitive prices for the top accounts).

With this there's no need to rework the G&R distribution, no need to worry about 'them' having too much G&R points.

That said, I have no idea what the prices are gonna be, so in case they're going to be high even for Priors with x1 multiplier, some kind of overall increase of G&R points being given out might be needed. I also believe that some kind of variation of my idea can be coupled with GeneralChaos's idea, the result might be able to please everyone (as well as help out new players).
Thy Hollow Soul Drowns in Thy Sins /Jigoku Shoujo/ ^^
-------
I am RANDOM
-------
Formula to my forum post count:
(time spend on any forum (in hours)) + (random number from 0 to 9)
almightythor88
Forum Grunt

DrakeSaber wrote:Or, as was previously stated, what could be done, is this:
1. One-time option: To open G&R shop=5k g&r, causes reset of g&r.
2. Lower Ascended levels give MORE bonus, for LESS g&r costs.
0-10 (tier one): 5* shop-goods, costs 500 g&r for the atk/def weapons/naq boost 750 g&r for UU/UP boosts, & 1k for double ab/double def boosts.
11-15 (tier two): 3* shop goods, costs 5*tier one cost (ie: 2500 g&r for atk/def weapons, etc)
16-20 (tier three): 2* shop goods, cost *7 tier one costs. ( 3500 g&r for atk/def weapons, etc).
21+ (final tier): 1* shop goods, cost 10* tier one costs (ie 5000 g&r for atk/def weapons, etc)

Ex of *goods bonus: tier one would have 10* def/5 days (5* standard 'double def/1day).

Nice idea, except if opening the shop will reset your G&R to 0 anyway, it should cost less so the smaller players can get it as well, not just those that have been sitting in G&R range forever not ascending. Maybe 1k or 2k.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN
- TUK
Sol
Forum Addict

Assume that the GnR WILL NOT be reset. I VERY highly doubt it will be ( I think i may have asked admin in the past if it would be and he said no :-k ).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Lebe
Forum Grunt

IMO, idea with shop is nice, but only think you had to do, is to change currecy.
Majority of proposed bonuses are affecting your fighting capability. So make it purchasable for military experience.

Making G&R shop withouth reseting G&R points would only give advantage to old accounts and how long it would take for a new account to be able to buy something from this shop? Take TOP 100 accounts, make an average sum of theyr G&R points and tell me, how many YEARS it would take for a new or weaker account to get that many G&R points? Or better, how long it would take for a new player to get into G&R range and actualy be there long enough to be able to purchase anything.

If these bonuses would be purchasable for military experience, witch could get everyone, it would be fair. New account are abtaining ME and strong account accumulate them faster.

As far for making some use of G&R points... You could allow players, that are at max ascension level to ascend again. Just for fun, but as reward, you can keep your UP and CL/ACL and you boost your ascended acc with few APP.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Lebe wrote:
As far for making some use of G&R points... You could allow players, that are at max ascension level to ascend again. Just for fun, but as reward, you can keep your UP and CL/ACL and you boost your ascended acc with few APP.

This is a good idea, you get to ascend with your current account again, but nothing changes, same title, same stats etc, only each time you do it gets harder and harder, and you need more and more, the only thing you gain from it is APP for your ascended account,

Could even make it that you need more and more GnR to ascend ( allows older players to get the boosts from the new APP conversion rate.

So max ascended

Next ascension (24) for APP needs 10,000 GnR
then
Next ascension (25) for APP needs 15,000 GnR

and so on,

Admin cannot make it that you lose anything as no one would do it, espically some of the monster accounts that have invested heavily since the final ascension.

Or just give everyone a direct boost for GnR to APP, 1 GnR = 1000/10000 APP

Remember in ascended numbers run into Quads not millions like on main.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

GeneralChaos wrote:
Lebe wrote:

This is a good idea, you get to ascend with your current account again, but nothing changes, same title, same stats etc, only each time you do it gets harder and harder, and you need more and more, the only thing you gain from it is APP for your ascended account,

Could even make it that you need more and more GnR to ascend ( allows older players to get the boosts from the new APP conversion rate.

So max ascended

Next ascension (24) for APP needs 10,000 GnR
then
Next ascension (25) for APP needs 15,000 GnR

and so on,

Admin cannot make it that you lose anything as no one would do it, espically some of the monster accounts that have invested heavily since the final ascension.

Or just give everyone a direct boost for GnR to APP, 1 GnR = 1000/10000 APP

Remember in ascended numbers run into Quads not millions like on main.

I like this Idea :smt050
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok the glory shop is setup on dev.
the additional ascension idea is not bad :) but not gonna make it for round 1... maybe round 1.5 :)

I am starting simple - and can then quite easily layer new options over time...

right now there is only:
1) 1000GnR <> 250,000 AP in ascended account
2) huge (298,000) def weapon. 1000GnR <> 1000 weapons
3) huge (300,000) att weapon. 1000 GnR <> 1000 weapons

note that these weaons are special - god granted if you will...so nobody knows how to fix them. Although if you go to get more, the gods automatically repair existing weapons of that type for you...

they are damaged in fights, sabbable, spyable, etc...just like normal weapons in that way.

Its worth noting that the GnR market is a part of the regular market, and purchases use up market turns (of the 6 you will have weekly....)

This should address those with 'too much' glory ;)
Don't make me use this!!!
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

Noob time

how do i get onto the dev site and wil the userid and password be the same as existing details

Return to “Discussion on Enhancements (coming up)”