Petition

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...

For the banning of these sigs

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 40
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

Re: Petition

I understand the position of the use of the nazi symbol within this signiture being constrewed by some people as offensive.

I do not however, find it so, i will add i am of Jewish Heritidge, not that , that particular piece of information is all that much needed, I will explain why.

The use of the symbol itself, though banned in many countries, Is also in many historical textbooks, Its widely used in schools and universitys across the globe, thats why you know it. To ban a simple image, which, as far as i can gather, was not being used intentionally to offend, would be setting a dangerous precedent, heres why. I see alot of people with "i support kim jong ills crazy shinnagins" and "i support isreal" banners, they where not banned, Yet isreal Clearly bombed innocent civilian targets, Korea clearly is acting in an agressive manor. Those statements where made to cause reactions, yet where not banned. That signiture was not created to cause a reaction (As far as i can tell, but has), it was created to show Pod, was the "prince of darkness" he was thinking of nasty things to go in it, What nastier than the nazi symbol? I dont see the person in question running around sproating talk about Blitzkriegs and such. Nor do i see anything question the Communist flag to the right of the Nazi one, I assume most people are aware of the thousands of german prisoners of war who where sent to camps in siberia, never to be seen again? Why is noone complaining about that? Observations like that have to be made if an impartial decision is to be made, I'd question why the signiture was brought up first, and by whom, we all know how petty the "server" war can be, for a start, And we all know people like to jump on the Anti Bad things band wagon. Im not stateing this is the case, but i feel it is something that the admins should be looking into.

If you want that banned, then i suggest a forum wide crackdown on ANYTHING that can be percieved as offensive. Your setting a dangerous precedent either way you look at it. Im neither for or against the signiture, to me it is nothing but a bunch of pixels on my screen. I am concerned that matters can be taken too far in one circumstance and not far enough in anouther, Solidarity and continuity should be had, control over many things on the forum is not something that should be considered lightly, Nor on a quick whim. This is not just a simple decision, and its implications will resound for years to come on this forum, either way.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
muffafuffin
Forum Elite
Race: Ori
ID: 0

just throwing this out there for thoughts:

i saw someone had egyptian symbols in there sig. didnt they enslave the hebrews? perhaps i find that just as offensive. think of all the things that seem way different but are the same that youll have to go down this road with in order to be able to claim "fairness and caring for human rights" on the forums.
Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Koo'Keez The Tok'ra
Spoiler
Trade Feedback: http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=141353
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

i think if it offends this many people it should be removed it's almost tied just my thoughts
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

ToToRo wrote:i think if it offends this many people it should be removed it's almost tied just my thoughts

This many people????

30 people have voted, 14 of which said yes.

I wouldn't call 14 people many people on a forum like this.

Let me ask you this, of those that find it offensive, who has YET to add PoD to Foe list or block the image?

I know someone said earlier that they'd still know the image was there, but i'm just interested if anyone is complaining about this but has not done anything about it themselves.
Image ImageImageImage
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

It doesnt offend me enough to try and force him to remove it im only wondering why he would want to have a sig like that and i would like to ask him nicely to remove it im not into forceing it would not make me any better then the people who forced other people into stuff using those images

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

I voted no :)

I obviously couldnt give a damn and its his right to choose what he puts in his sig
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

i'm sayin 14 people is a descent amount of people that have said it offends them i want to ask you something clarkey if i said the word **masking** would that offend you as much as if i said the word **masking** without the 6's and put g's there?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

neither offend me....
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
RoKeT
Forum Zombie

obviously they offend someone they have become the nice masking ha ha ha

but seriously wats the difference with me writing the word
**modded** all over on my sigs infact i think i will and see how quick i get banned... wats the difference **modded** means ignorant people???
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

ToToRo wrote:i'm sayin 14 people is a descent amount of people that have said it offends them i want to ask you something clarkey if i said the word **masking** would that offend you as much as if i said the word **masking** without the 6's and put g's there?

Firstly, I did not see what those words were.

Secondly, something you should know about me..... hardly anything offends me. To be exact, I don't LET things offend me.

Thirdly, the only thing that did actually offend ME was my own image being edited and having PedoBear imbedded in to it... something only I complained about! Also my personal home address being displayed on this public forum, didn;t exactly offend me, but I wasn't happy about it.

Now what that should tell you about me is that the things that offend me, or upset (hurt) me is anything personally directed at ME.

Other things in general don't offend me because I don't LET them offend me. If you let things like this offend YOU then the person doing the act WINS. Infact in these circumstances HITLER wins even from his grave.

I don't like stress, therefore if I don't LET things offend me then I don't get stressed out by it. I like simple life, i'm happy with simple life, no complications, no heartache, just happiness. WHY would I let someone like PoD try and ruin that?????
Image ImageImageImage
Q Man
blarney stone

ToToRo wrote:obviously they offend someone they have become the nice masking ha ha ha

but seriously wats the difference with me writing the word
**modded** all over on my sigs infact i think i will and see how quick i get banned... wats the difference **modded** means ignorant people???

well, i'm glad to see you got your point across without getting yourself banned...oh wait >.<

this rubbish has caused way too much hassle, i'm not going to deny that i didn't like the signature, but you guys have taken it way too far and and have caused more problems for yourselfs and other people who aren't even invloved in this arguement, its caused a rippling effect throughtout the game and forum and i really hope you're glad that you've caused more hassle and trouble than any signature could!
I grew up on the street. No, not the hood, the Sesame Street.
[/size]
ImageImage
admin wrote:[23:50] * ~adminHere loves Q_Man
Byrnes
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Åncientcouncilmember
ID: 1943734

You have a great point clarkey but to me its also about respect how many people did from oppressors using those images

Jedi~Tank wrote:So who was whining about the alliance repair and got it changed?
Im in josh's rant,Ra tells of how he admires me,Harch loves me, and Jack says im an idiot
~Josh~ Dead and Gone wrote:
Second, piss ants who kiss ass to get on peoples good sides. I remember one in particular, Byrnes. Now, no offence to you, but your nose is so brown I cant even make fun of you without feeling bad. Its a game, man up and dont be a puss.
Ra wrote: Truth be told.. I'm just nervous to be in the same thread as the legendary Byrnes. He just makes me quake in my boots, I wouldn't dare hit him back.
harchester wrote: Ra seriously, who are you, byrnes may suck in most peoples eyes but seriously..u think ur a big shot for wearing the Omega tag ?....your nothing kid....instead of yapping on forums mass byrnes ingame ?

Byrnes >>>> Ra anyday of the week
Dr. House wrote: Ya know, Byrnes, you used to be a good kid. Now however, you're just an obnoxious little idiot that tries to act tougher than he really is. That makes you weak and pathetic. :smt011

Image Image
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

It is offensive, it should be removed,

The Anus sig was a banable offense in the end, if i was to put that sig up again it would be removed as apparently its offensive, or im betting if someone made a sig about 911 and that they where pro bin laden, they'd be banned in a heart beat and the sig removed.....
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

GeneralChaos wrote:It is offensive, it should be removed

The Hammer & Sickle is offensive and should be removed.

See how easy that was?

GeneralChaos wrote:The Anus sig was a banable offense in the end, if i was to put that sig up again it would be removed as apparently its offensive

Not anymore, and that was at a different time under a different admin. And many people were against it, including those of us that now support PoD.

GeneralChaos wrote:or im betting if someone made a sig about 911 and that they where pro bin laden, they'd be banned in a heart beat and the sig removed.....

If PoD had a photo of holocaust victims and a line that said something like "I support Hitler" then it would have been removed and he had been punished appropriately. But that is not the case.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

anyone wishing to see this signature removed I ask you this.

WHY THE FUDGE DO YOU CARE? HOW is it offensive?

I can almost guarantee no user of the game was alive to witness the uses of this, so cannot have any 'horrible memories'. It's on a forum. It's insignificant. There is no logical reason someone of the current generations should or would be offended by this.

Seriously? Are you all so pathetic.. you're willing to go to these lengths? complaint topics, petitions... The guy is role playing. If he's not he's just a sad sad little idiot..either way worthless.

There is one word for this ENTIRE waste of time.

Ridiculous.

bafangool.

It is beyond me....

*waves hands about in short spasm then snatches up chart and storms off ranting to self*
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”