Catch 22.

The Community's new book club where you can recommend and discuss your favourite novels to keep one busy during those boring hours of waiting to bank.
The Hamburglar
Forum Spammer
ID: 0

Catch 22.

literally the funniest thing put on paper... its the cleverest laugh out loud funniest book youll ever read then before ya know it it turns into a slap in the face and a portrait of not only the futility of war but the sheer awfulness it can mean for those lucky enough to survive...

ive only read it four times...

major major major major.
Indeed! I can scarcely believe it.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

hehe one of my fav books :P
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
The Hamburglar
Forum Spammer

what is hitler?

why is spain?

where are the snowdens of yesteryear?
Indeed! I can scarcely believe it.
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

Re: Catch 22.

The Hamburglar wrote:literally the funniest thing put on paper... its the cleverest laugh out loud funniest book youll ever read then before ya know it it turns into a slap in the face and a portrait of not only the futility of war but the sheer awfulness it can mean for those lucky enough to survive...

ive only read it four times...

major major major major.

the best book ever written!!!
and it should be "fora" not "forums"!!
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

Have you all read any of his other books? I have read God Knows and it was pretty good, but a little too long for the story.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Fear Of The Duck
Forum Zombie

not yet. but i've read "catch 22" like 4 times.
me sister says "god knows" is good, and i believe her in the matter of books.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

I read God Knows to help study for my Bible class. It is a funny version of the lives of David and Solomon.
John Stuart Mill
MGZ
Forum Irregular

where's that mealy colored old man I once called daddy?

Oh well, what the hell
political correctness is a doctrine fostered by an illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mass media that holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

I believe gun control is being able to hit your target.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

One of my favourite quotes of all time is from this book:

"These three men who hated him spoke his language and wore his uniform, but he saw their loveless faces set immutably into cramped, mean lines of hostility and understood instantly that nowhere in the world, not in all the fascist tanks or planes or submarines, not in the bunkers behind the machine guns or mortars of the crack Hermann Goering Antiaircraft Division or among the gristly connivers in all the beer halls in Munich and anywhere else, were there three men who hated him more."
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “The Book Club”