The end of war

Dajjal
Forum Elder
ID: 0

Re: The end of war

Kieltyka wrote:The weapons that MetalStorm are working on can be used either way. Defensive or offensive, there's almost no boundaries for it. And I do not see how outdated weapons could end war all together. I do not see how any weapon could end war all together. Unless we're talking about the complete annihilation of the human race . . .

The older weapons in their time would have had a better chance.

The Sherman tanks, though they sucked, could be mass produced enough strike enough fear since if you saw one, you could expect so much more. The Tigers plowed through Allied attacks and defenses since its was one of the best, if not the BEST tank in WW II.

I believe the M1 Garand was the best rifle for quite some time. 8 shots could be fired at your enemy while the enemy had to use a bolt action rifle. :P

These were milestone accomplishments in past wars but they couldn't even stop it all together since its impossible.

War is not one that can be stopped with weapons. It started by feuds, not because one was more advanced than the other.
Made by Colton!
Stargater580
Phoenix Award for Epic Success, awarded Jan 21, 2009.
S0lid Snake
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: The end of war

I think to best way to avoid war is to engage in a dialog. Once discussion stops you are in conflict.

Robert Arthur Menard discusses this at length in his videos, But that is about the rule of law, courts and commerce.

However it is still a war per say, just a war of words not weapons.

The second you stop talking to your adversary is the second the conflict escalates, deescalation can only be achieved once both parties come back to the table.

Words are truly mighty weapons.

Words = Sword, used for cutting & stabbing at your adversary.
{The Legion Of Outer Haven}

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”