A New solution to Global Warming?

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

A New solution to Global Warming?

Mad professors want fleets of drones to sit between Earth and Sun in name of fighting global warming

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Monday, September 1, 2008

Global warming alarmists, who have routinely dismissed evidence that the Sun is the main driver of climate change, are now calling to block out the celestial body that supports all life on Earth in a set of bizarre new proposals to “geo-engineer” the planet.

One idea being promoted is a madcap plan to send a fleet of shiny spaceships to form a physical cloud between the Sun and the Earth, covering half the diameter of the entire planet.

“Political inaction on global warming has become so dire that nations must now consider extreme technical solutions - such as blocking out the sun - to address catastrophic temperature rises, scientists from around the world warn today,” reports the Guardian.

(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)

The fact that sunspot activity and solar radiation have driven natural climate change throughout history is routinely dismissed by man-made global warming advocates who insist that human produced CO2 is to blame for global temperature increases, despite the fact that no global warming has been observed for the past 10 years and strong evidence suggests the planet is now embarking on a significant cooling trend. In addition, it was recently revealed that Arctic ice has actually grown by around 30 per cent in the year since August 2007.

Indeed, the month of August passed without a single visible sunspot being observed, a milestone that heralds a potentially devastating and rapid course of global cooling.

But now top university heads and professors are pushing to “geo-engineer” the planet and even block out the sun to prevent what they claim will be a global temperature increase of 4C.

Methods being discussed include a plan to “Insert “scatterers” into the stratosphere….deploy jumbo jets into the upper atmosphere and deposit clouds of tiny particles there, such as sulphur dioxide. Dispersing around 1m tonnes of sulphur dioxide per year across 10m square kilometres of the atmosphere would be enough to reflect away sufficient amounts of sunlight.”

The fact that sulphur dioxide is an an acid-rain causing pollutant that will literally change the color of our serene blue skies doesn’t seem to be a concern for these alleged “environmentalists”.

And if you think Australian professor Tim Flannery’s idea to cut down pristine beautiful old growth forests was hare-brained then listen to this - an even more bizarre proposal is to use a mass fleet of shiny spaceships to sit between the Earth and the Sun, forming a physical cloud and reflecting away sunlight.

“Scientists have suggested launching a constellation of free-flying craft that would sit between the Sun and Earth forming a cylindrical cloud around half the Earth’s diameter and 10 times longer,” reports the Guardian. “Approximately 10% of the sunlight passing through the 60,000 mile length of the cloud, pointing lengthwise between the Earth and the Sun would be diverted away from the Earth, which would uniformly reduce sunlight over the planet by approximately 2%,” writes Stephen Schneider of Stanford University. The cost would be a dazzling $100bn (£55.5bn) a year.”

No it’s not April 1st, this is not a joke. Scientists at top universities are actually proposing that spaceships be sent up into the atmosphere to sit over half of the planet and block out the Sun! Your tax dollars actually fund the research grants that finance this nonsense!

Furthermore, if the Sun has little or nothing to do with global warming as we are constantly told by climate change alarmists, then why the necessity to block it out? You can’t have your cake and eat it.

The upshot of these ludicrous and laughable proposals will be a further erosion of the credibility of climate change alarmists who are becoming increasingly shrill in their dire proclamations amidst general public apathy and hostility to accept extreme measures to fight a problem that is still highly dubious at best.

In absurdly calling for spaceships to be sent up to sit over half of the Earth’s diameter, people like Stephen Schneider are only ensuring that man-made global warming alarmists shred any credibility they have left and lose the debate that they claim is already over.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/climate-sci ... e-sun.html

:? :? :? :?

read then debate please.

**EDITED**
Made more clear. "I give up" is a bit of a crud uninformative title..lol.
~Semper

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: i give up!!!!

Omg...idiots! :lol:
That reminds me of that simpsons episode when Mr Burns built a shield to cut off Springfield's light supply from sun. It's as stupid as that.
Last edited by Cole on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

exactly, whether any of these plans happen or not is besides the point, these people are mad for even thinking of these things.

its funny how TV and film reflect what will happen BEFORE it happens :?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... edhabitats

:shock:

-David Icke
Cole
Forum History

And all of that waste of money could be spent in Mars missions...or why not even to Europe or Callisto (satellites of Jupiter)...or even..Pluton? :lol:
We would learn oh so much more and that would be oh so much more usefull than that bs.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

OR, that money could be used to feed the world and free all the people of the IMF and world banks which only promote poverty and the theft of poor country's natural resources...

but thats going sideways of this thread...

i agree, an expedition to mars would be much more desirable than messing with the planet and putting ALL life at risk, plants, trees and most of life need sunlight to live, block that and the food chain will come to a very quick and abrupt end...

sigh!

-David Icke
Cole
Forum History

That kind of silly project will prevent such things as the solar system expedition (fictional scientist movie which I seen twice on tv). Included a visit of Europe (Jupiter's satellite), of a comet, and of Pluton. I wish I was part of such team... :(
And I read this planet's protectionnism would change sky's colour? They can go to hell!!!! :twisted:
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

i saw something about this along the lines of a swarm of adjustable glass plates between the earth and sun. methinks this is a last resort type thing if the world get way too hot. i think its expense could kill this plan. could be needed though if its a question of saving life on earth. and even if its proven the sun isnt causing climate change, partially blocking it will still have a cooling effect.

sulphur dioxide? WTH thats just stupid. id slap that scientist, then slap him again. id rather be a bit warm than melt.
Cole
Forum History

Acid raining better than few degrees warming?
That dude is definitely crazy.
Such guys should NEVER be given opportunity to be responsible of such things, not even have a position of suggesting it!
urogard
Forum Elder
ID: 0

i can only say lulz

seriously I don't think anyone is really dumb enough to give green light to that
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

LOL

This was on discovery, along with wrapping the ice capps in foil to stop them from melting, creating cloads off the sea, planting a forest from the sky, and one more I think.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Ironically, I believe in the 70's scientists were saying we should lay soot on the ice caps because the Earth was too cold and they needed melting. Just hearsay there, though.
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

indeed, theres been many mad-capped ideas lol :lol:

-David Icke
Demeisen
Forum Intermediate

well punned kma :-D

Lore wrote:wrapping the ice capps in foil to stop them from melting

lol

from all the polluting activities man is carrying out there must be some bad effects on the environment. i dont think we should be really considering these drastic measures. we should be stopping damage at the source. recycling, limiting greenhouse gas emissions, being efficient etc.

even if some people dont believe in climate change they must see that we are damaging the planet at an alarming rate. if it doesnt affect us, it will surely have dire consequences for future generations. in 100 years time what will our descendents think when they know we didnt do enough when it could have made a difference? when it would have had a positive impact on our world. . .

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”