Modding of the 'Game Over' Surrender threads

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Tekki
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Modding of the 'Game Over' Surrender threads

From - viewtopic.php?f=132&p=1539795#p1539795

Tekki wrote:
PM from Robe wrote:Gunz and Tekki

The mods have been asked to maintain a strict protocol on both surrender threads involved in the FUALL TF War (at the request of both authors).

Only actual surrenders and Offiical acceptances by the appropriate HC (not opposition) are allowed to remain in the thread in question viewtopic.php?f=68&t=119535

If you would like to discuss the implications of surrenders then there is a war discussion thread.

Thank you for understanding that we must manage these threads in accordance with with the authors requests on both sides of the war.

If you have any further questions please contact me on msn.

Best regards

Robe

Current posts in the Surrender to TTF thread NOT removed by Admin.

Centauri Prime wrote:Great fight this war FAHQKD and best of luck in the future :)

caesar2 wrote:Good luck FAHQ, well fought!

Robe wrote:FAHQKD fought long and hard and showed great sportsmanship.

Live Long and Prosper

Those above posts are NOT acceptance of surrenders, but are discussion of surrenders.

Robe wrote:Consistency is important.

Only sometimes.

pianomutt20000 wrote:Ok.

I will concentrate on the warning, but feel free to post a new thread if you have a different issue.

Posting 4 different surrender threads, one per person I consider spamming. I actually watched and waited for a merging, and remember thinking....

What the heck is Gunz doing? Had I, or anyone else done that...I would have expected a warning.

As for that thread disappearing after that, I think that one rejection thread should remain...for all the rejections.

1 thread for rejection, 1 thread for acceptence and or surrendering. Maybe 3, but that's overkill.

So I say that the warning was fair. The reasoning for this, goes back a long ways.

Remember my SGW adventure thread? That was created solely because I kept posting too many threads about pretty much the same thing.

So, one thread was created and spam was averted.

I will leave this open for comments. But I will lock it within 24 hours.

Bill

Tekki wrote:While the warning is a part of this issue, the issue also contains the lack of modding of the war thread and the selective modding of the surrender threads.

Various posts have been left, deliberately overlooked, while others were removed and a 'cease and desist PM' sent.

Now either all posts not either a surrender or the acceptance are removed, or none are. You can't have it half way.

Please refer to my second post in this thread for post examples.

And it's not like they could have been 'overlooked' as they were reported as being off-topic for that thread.

pianomutt20000 wrote:
Tekki wrote:While the warning is a part of this issue, the issue also contains the lack of modding of the war thread and the selective modding of the surrender threads.

Various posts have been left, deliberately overlooked, while others were removed.

But that isn't an issue for the ombudsman...However, I will give you my opinion.

Overmodding of the surrender threads to not allow comments and/or opinions....isn't right.
Neither side "owns" the forum...Nor should they. This ceases being a community when power is used in this manner.

If the war thread is heavily spammed...lock it.

If someone wishes to comment about a surrender rejection in the thread where it wasn't accepted...that is only right.

The forum should be the same on all ends, not catering to a given sides whim. Which i have seen in regards to the surrender threads.

The war threads for instance, are so full of needless spam anymore...that i'm surprised they are allowed at all. There was a time where people knew better.
More warnings and more time outs would be my recommendation.

Bill

Once again, not my area though.

Tekki wrote:Selective modding of a thread isn't your area?

But if that's not your area, please request this gets moved to 'Talk to the Mods' so that they can respond.

Since this isn't apparently something for the ombudsman, could we please then get some answers from the Mods as to why some posts are over looked while others get addressed?

And if possible an UNBIASED and active Admin/Mod to mod the war thread and the surrender threads on a regular basis, as it's abundantly clear that those involved can't be unbiased and Nimras hasn't been doing it for god knows how long.
Spoiler
Initial masser on Field Marshal's 120t defence and on Rodwolf's 177t defence.

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 178,947,245,996,720 damage on Tekki's forces!

The forces of Rodwolf fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage on Tekki's forces!
Jedi~Tank wrote:@ADMINS- ALL ADMINS, this is the absolute worst game forum I have ever seen (this sentiment is shared by many) It is amazing how ya;ll can go from good job to complete garbage in no time at all.

Jedi~Tank
A sentiment I can agree with, except some of them have never done a good job. For further details, PM me INGAME Id 9095.
---
Spoiler
Image Image
Image Image
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Re: Modding of the 'Game Over' Surrender threads

As this regard General section which i am leader of i will look into it and talk with the people in questions.

But seeing how it went in the ombudsmand cornor i am closing this would other mods please honour that.

Nimras

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”