how can a user follow the rules?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

how can a user follow the rules?

Tell me how can a user follow the rules or even know if rules are right when a mod dont??

viewtopic.php?p=1724903#p1724903

The modding was also incorrect/inconsistent but then the mod adds a pic way past size rules of when we spoiler.

No wonders many users on these forums get confused when mods keep forgetting to at least maintain them proberly.

May i ask every mod here why is it that you keep ignoring a rule that on small screen sizes does couse problems and therefore there is a rule saying 600 pixel is maks before it should be in a spoiler.

601 x 1 = spoiler
1 x 601 = spoiler
601 x 601 = spoiler

Image posted by mod: 750px × 600px

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I mean how should a user know not only that rules but any other rules if we see mods breake them or over look them constantly?

This is not made to have a go at the mod in question but a topic to ask everyone here why do we have rules made when mods not only seem to mod differently but inconsistent and ignore some rules when enforcing that rules other places. Or like here post without upholding those very rules.

And that makes me wonder how should I as a user know when the rules are broken or not as you will find one mod who would ignore and another that don't.

How can we as a user and community together with you as mods make it a prober place where those whining for warnings stop because its right and those who are wrongly has no need to complaine as it will get fixed fast because its working as it should??

Nimras
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: how can a user follow the rules?

Umm.. dig at Jack much?

Incidental < Structural.

As a consequence, your attempt at making mods look bad is an epic fail, not only because you don't know the difference between incidental human error, and structural rulebreaking.

Next time you have a *big huge omg very important look at me* problem with Jack, please, just make a funny thread in General for everyone to laugh at. Don't try to get the moderator team to spend time on your ridiculous attempts at importance by creating something that is supposedly 'a major problem'.

You say "the mods don't know the rules", ey? Well, here's one I know:
"Don't spam."
Also, you are insulting the good men and women who actually bother to look after these boards. Why would you do such a thing, Nimras? :) Care to explain that to me?

*goes back to beta Hearts of Iron III*
Nimras
Forum Addict

Universe wrote:Umm.. dig at Jack much?

Incidental < Structural.

As a consequence, your attempt at making mods look bad is an epic fail, not only because you don't know the difference between incidental human error, and structural rulebreaking.

Next time you have a *big huge omg very important look at me* problem with Jack, please, just make a funny thread in General for everyone to laugh at. Don't try to get the moderator team to spend time on your ridiculous attempts at importance by creating something that is supposedly 'a major problem'.

You say "the mods don't know the rules", ey? Well, here's one I know:
"Don't spam."
Also, you are insulting the good men and women who actually bother to look after these boards. Why would you do such a thing, Nimras? :) Care to explain that to me?

*goes back to beta Hearts of Iron III*

Easy I did it because as a User who want to get alot of the whining done by other users against mods doing a prober job to end. And at the same time make those who are wrongly warned or modded to get true with it so it is fixed.

It werent a Dig at Jack i just came across that modding and thought it would be a good examble if you like i gladly go and find more as i could do that.

I made this topic to have a talk with the mods on these forums about the issue that there is inconsistence in how things are done and there are many who has problems understanding what is allowed and whats not when some would warn for it and others wont.

I want to start a topic where we talk about it and get to a point where we can end those inconsistences alot and also end the whinining done.

I am a mod my self universe when i work as that right now i am here as a user seeing how things are having 2 warnings that are not right by the rules but yet stays because of how people see it and therefore inconsist mod. It dont work well.

So if you take it as spam or dig at Jack then i am truely sorry to disapoint you it arent. Its a dig at everyone on this board to start helping making this forum a better place for everyone also mods.

I am tired that people find it nessesary to in some instances take it ingame if modded and others leaving this forum because of the issues there are it should be a place for everyone and a place where all could be.

I has no intrest in undermining the mod team but a intrest of starting something i hope could help everyone in case it dont then thats me failing in doing so and with your post so far i am failing as your actually not taking it serius nor actually sounding like your intrestet in fixing it, Correct me if i am wrong but now i assumed as you did against me.

Nimras
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Okay, so your problem is not so much with Jack, or the picture, but with incidental -or did you actually see a pattern- inconsistency among moderators. (Should just say that instead of submerge your points in a load of walla-walla, goes a long way to speeding things up.)

Inconsistency. A very vile thing, I'll agree.
Unfortunately, it's also a very human thing.
Last I checked, there's not one machine amongst the moderators of this forum (perhaps V.O.I.D., correct me if I'm wrong). As a consequence, personalities count towards the actions and decisions a moderator makes.
Since personalities are different per person, and since there's no telepathic bond between all moderators revealing to our collective brain who does what and why, there will always be the basic human inconsistency.

You present your point as, and I paraphrase:
"It is impossible for a user to follow the rules if a moderator does not follow them."
If that were true, all humans are now as corrupt as the single most corrupt law officer. After all, how can humans be better as those in higher positions, positions of responsibility? *cough* That is where you are wrong, Nimras.
You present your point as if you have found some grand design flaw, some structural problem that for all intents and purposes could be one grand conspiracy by the Administration to draw the naive, gullible users straight into the maws of Ban by having their moderators give a bad example.

I can tell you this. Outside of your visual spectrum, a lot of things are existent. Is it possible that this 'problem' you so valiantly want to bring to our attention is already taken care of? And that what you point out are either incidental human errors (as we are all so prone to) or outdated complaints. :)

But feel free to spend 20 times 1500$ a month on professional, paid moderators. If that's what you so desire, 'machine'-moderators. :D
We are human. We give you an example, sure. But whether you follow the rules or not is entirely your own responsibility, enforcing them is ours. Rest assured that where there are structural problems, we have a great administrative Triad standing by to evaluate/discuss and where necessary fire/hire their/new moderators.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

First off express when and where this was posted as in spam sections the rules are relaxed on image sizes per request of the community.

secondly please quote the rule, and where it is found.

Thirdly, its simple, if your not sure, then dont do it. Unlike the common perception that mods are not human, we are.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Lore wrote:First off express when and where this was posted as in spam sections the rules are relaxed on image sizes per request of the community.

secondly please quote the rule, and where it is found.

Thirdly, its simple, if your not sure, then dont do it. Unlike the common perception that mods are not human, we are.

Thread: Alliance Refrences good or Bad
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:21 pm
Link to post (Author: greenman):
viewtopic.php?p=1724903#p1724903

Rule 4.d here (unfortunately somewhat obscured due to omission of a line break);
[spoiler]d. Image size.
Images larger than 600 pixels wide need to be posted inside of a ‘spoiler box’.

Consequence:
A mod will place your image inside a spoiler box. Repeat offenders will be given one warning point.[/spoiler]
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Pretty coincidental that Nimrod only takes exception to a post being edited to include the image when it's a posted edited by me for insulting another mod he despises, Universe, yet does not take exception when it's B2D's post that is edited. This also after a recent confrontation with him on MSN. ;)

search.php?keywords=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.themystake.com%2Fsarajevo%2Fmodpics%2Fmod4.png&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Skunky 2.0
Forum Grunt
Alliance: EPA - 359 Company
Race: NanoTiSkunky 2.0
ID: 34221

everyone lieks jack!?!
no so much universe tho

click for sig shop ^^
Wepwaet
Forum Regular
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: System Lord
ID: 1926916

I wonder if this stems from the fact that your numerous sigs made you the poster boy for the sig limit discusions Nimras. (much better now by the way thanks)

Reading this topic makes me think of a guy who killed someone and has blood on his hands... first thing he does, start shaking everyones hands to put them all under suspicion. ;)
MaYHeM ID:1926916 Feedback
Spoiler
Lore wrote:We can not police human stupidity, carelessness, rudeness, or abiquity.
Mordack wrote:You know that your acronym is TOOL, right?
Wakko wrote:[2010-05-14 12:31:36] <LegendaryApophis> See admin, he massed me because he didn't like the update
[2010-05-14 12:31:50] <Wepwaet> no cause we don't like you
[2010-05-14 12:31:54] <adminHere> lol legend
Tell the preening egos to put a sock in it! Vote "None of the above" for Ombudsman now!
Nimras
Forum Addict

No worries i will get to this topic sooner or later just waiting for more people to take it more serius joins until and ohh right forgot just working the forum as i said i could show alot of other exambles i just used Jack's because it was the most obvius for a easy examble yet people tend to think its personal jesus.

I would like to point out I am posting as a user meaning My ingame char therefore what ever i think of any mod is based on my ingame char not the role i build for when i am modding or using that part of my role. Thats how i keep this game seperate from the forum and forum plus game from RL but to many people has a problem understanding that and because of that wanna argue like crazy on how it cant be done and tbh spare the post here about how it cant be done when it is being done and arent the issue thank you.

Nimras

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”