Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

New Race Updates?

Wow...really strange update but its a very cool way to change the game when it needed to be.
What is going to happen to roleplay though? I think that with the various options you will still be able to catagorise people, e.g. you can make your race a dictatorship and then all the dictator races declare war on the communist races. I think that might be cool.
Damn nemesis are going to have a field day making Sith haha.

Pirates Vs Ninja's anyone? :D:D:D
Gigs
Forum Elite
Alliance: Nemesis Sect
Race: Datsyukian
ID: 84687

Re: New Race Updates?

For Sure :)
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
ImageThis is the medal of for outstanding war efforts.
ImageThis is the medal of extreme comradeship.
This is a medal to commemorate one year in Nemesis
This is the medal to represent you being a member of Nemesis Sect responsible for her alliance of the year award.
This medal represents completion of the Telos Act
[/spoiler]

Spoiler
[BoT][/b] Eärendil :: Matt says:
I love Zetterberg so much, i'd marry him if i was gay.
andell
Forum Elite
Alliance: HVE
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

well all i know is that i'm going to stay as an system lord and as it's my choice so kingdom games isn't responsible :-D
Sparta Prag-supporter: "Liverpool came here with 4000 men and ran, AIK Stockholm came with 500 and fought"
AIK-WE ARE EVERYWHERE!
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

yeah maybe that is a point.... if we chose to stay as we are then it should be ok....
But if EVERYONE did that i think MGM might get a little annoyed
andell
Forum Elite
Alliance: HVE
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

ofc but as it would be our choice they would have nothing on kingdom games and that means they cant do anything to hurt the game or us 8)
Sparta Prag-supporter: "Liverpool came here with 4000 men and ran, AIK Stockholm came with 500 and fought"
AIK-WE ARE EVERYWHERE!
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

Cheers Earendil :D

I logged in and had a fiddle with the options. The Race Technology Path changes the names of the techs and weapons... erm yea not that interesting in my book but if your into that sort of thing great. The Race Social Structure changes the Command Centre menu and the units names. I liked this one a bit more as I'm not too fussy about what my units are called, but you can choose one of the four Command Centre menu's that looks sexiest to you.
I have not braved the Race Personality Type option fully. The selections are of the four unascended race bonuses then there are four identical ascended options which as far as I can tell change nothing...

The custom race name is a cool feature, though I can see some people complaining that its going to take the game away from the stargate theme. To those that feel that way inclined, you can always keep your race name the way it is :roll:
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

Pity, I can't log into the dev server. I've only been with SGW for about 7 months. Can I sign up to the dev server without damaging/affecting my main account or breaking rules??

But I'm happy to hear that we get to keep the whole idea of ascension. I'm assuming that the power-ups and ascended blessings etc are the same?

I like the idea of naming one's own race... alliances (I've herd Nemesis will likely do this ;) ) can now be their own race unto themselves.

Just wondering, does the battlefield show the new "types" of races? I'd imagine Jason would make one Goa'uld-like, another Tauri-ish etc.... I like targeting Goa'uld, an equivalent would be handy...

As for the Ascended server... the only problem I see is with the Ori name... might be a simple swap (ie.. all Ori become Malar or Sidhe).
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Greased Gerbil wrote:Pity, I can't log into the dev server. I've only been with SGW for about 7 months. Can I sign up to the dev server without damaging/affecting my main account or breaking rules??

But I'm happy to hear that we get to keep the whole idea of ascension. I'm assuming that the power-ups and ascended blessings etc are the same?

I like the idea of naming one's own race... alliances (I've herd Nemesis will likely do this ;) ) can now be their own race unto themselves.

Just wondering, does the battlefield show the new "types" of races? I'd imagine Jason would make one Goa'uld-like, another Tauri-ish etc.... I like targeting Goa'uld, an equivalent would be handy...

As for the Ascended server... the only problem I see is with the Ori name... might be a simple swap (ie.. all Ori become Malar or Sidhe).

I'll ask admin if I can catch him

Ascended hasnt been messed with yet.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
A-Unit
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Åsgard Protectorate
Race: Ninja
ID: 86650

Finally, a race of nerds. Now should they be chemists, or maybe mathematicians or maybe quantum physicists.
azza002 id=86650
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

This update doesnt affect game play as we know it, only names and race names per say,

I dont think ascended needs to be changed as you cannot sign up to that server hehehe
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
nutbolt
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Technocracy
Race: Ancient Indu
ID: 68198

MGM would have to ascend in the main game to see the ascended server :) Nah i'm sure they could request to view it or something. Anyway I like the Pirates Vs Ninja idea. Typical thing lol.

Also I like the Race rank page, you can see the top 30 races, although you can work out peoples power if they are the only one in that race.

It's a shame MGM are still trying to close down any Stargate game, or make them so much like stargate it's not stargate at all. They are building there own game, but have been for around 4 years now I think. Stargate Worlds is it's current name.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”