Immoral and Unethical Use Of Symbols within Forum.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Immoral and Unethical Use Of Symbols within Forum.

Greased Gerbil wrote:I was trying desperately to keep myself out of this argument for the time being, but now that I'm drunkies:

1. This forum is private property. Therefore the right to free speech protects you from public prosecution, but can easily get you booted from the forum. I mean, if someone came into your house and began acting in a way you felt inappropriate, you would eject them - free speech or not.

2. The symbols may be illegal in certain countries. What matters is whether the relevant authorities of this forum declare that they are illegal here.

3. Whether something was offensive hundreds or thousands of years ago is of no relevance whatsoever. What counts is whether admin deems that it is offensive now.

I say we leave this one to admin and be done with it.

That is my drunken opinion, but I'm confident I'll agree with it tomorrow.

Cheers,

GG

Your spelling is remarkably good considering you're drunkies. :lol:
Image ImageImageImage
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Greased Gerbil wrote:I was trying desperately to keep myself out of this argument for the time being, but now that I'm drunkies:

1. This forum is private property. Therefore the right to free speech protects you from public prosecution, but can easily get you booted from the forum. I mean, if someone came into your house and began acting in a way you felt inappropriate, you would eject them - free speech or not.

It's hardly the same thing is it? Put it this way, you don't invite thousands of people into your house. If a person wearing a Nazi outfit walked in...you would throw them out...at least, a normal person would.

2. The symbols may be illegal in certain countries. What matters is whether the relevant authorities of this forum declare that they are illegal here.

lol, BS...there is nothing to back that my friend. So, displaying Peadophila images here would be ok if the forum deemed it "legal"?

3. Whether something was offensive hundreds or thousands of years ago is of no relevance whatsoever. What counts is whether admin deems that it is offensive now.

It's neither hundred or thousands? It was about 75 years ago. Some people alive witnessed it, thus it is still relevant!

I say we leave this one to admin and be done with it.

That is my drunken opinion, but I'm confident I'll agree with it tomorrow.

Cheers,

GG

Nevertheless, impressive as you are drunkies! :lol:
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

Clarkey wrote:Your spelling is remarkably good considering you're drunkies. :lol:

1. I'm tedious, to an epic degree, about my spelling and grammar. It was drilled into me as a child. Drunkies or not.

2. I started my SGW forum life as a tool, so praise means a lot coming from you, Clarkey. Much appreciated.

GG
~[ Greased Gerbil ]~
Jack's Pet
Alliance: Just tremble...
Race: Careless Fairy
ID: 555555555

Field Marshall wrote:
It's hardly the same thing is it? Put it this way, you don't invite thousands of people into your house. If a person wearing a Nazi outfit walked in...you would throw them out...at least, a normal person would.

I would, absolutely - especially if it offended my friends. But this decision is up to whoever owns this forum.

lol, BS...there is nothing to back that my friend. So, displaying Peadophila images here would be ok if the forum deemed it "legal"?

If peadohilia is illegal in the country that hosts this server, no. It is up to jurisdiction. If this forum is German, the symbol is illegal... if it is Australian or US, then the discretion falls to the forum owner.

It's neither hundred or thousands? It was about 75 years ago. Some people alive witnessed it, thus it is still relevant!

I would personally agree that the symbol in question is offensive. My concept was general. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Thanks.... I welcome all opinions.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Greased Gerbil wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:

I would, absolutely - especially if it offended my friends. But this decision is up to whoever owns this forum.

If peadohilia is illegal in the country that hosts this server, no. It is up to jurisdiction. If this forum is German, the symbol is illegal... if it is Australian or US, then the discretion falls to the forum owner.

I would personally agree that the symbol in question is offensive. My concept was general. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Thanks.... I welcome all opinions.

lol, you are not drunk :P if I was drunk, I wouldn't even be able to read this! Nah, all fair points...but like I said before, lets wait until Mr Forum makes his decision!

I'm no longer going to bother with this. I have already asked for this to be closed as there are arguements for and against...I believe some people believe I am being OTT, so be it...I now understand why the forum is still showing these.

I have had some good points made to me...but GG's one made most sense. Thanks for that mate, I kinda get why people are being IMO inconsiderate.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

At authors request; closed.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”