Casshern
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Appealing warning Offensive Bias

where exact is there offensive language

Casshern

Message subject: Re: Board warning issued
Folder: Outbox
so were all the others warned as well and since i was talking about a defence its whomever read it that read it off topic

Sent: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm
View message

Offensive Bias

Message subject: Board warning issued
Folder: Inbox
The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
Breaks rules.
Section 5.b/c

This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=62&p=2008396#p2008396 .

Post content:

harchester wrote:
qacol wrote:
~Qacol~
I can go all night can you

thats not what your wife says :shock: ;)

your partner says you have to put it up first before you can comment

Sent: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 pm
View message | Post a reply

Rules Broken:
5. Language
b. > Profanity.
c. > Abuse / Racism

there is no offensive language abuse or racism in my post. I was talking about a def and commenting on harch return. I will accept the warning if the mod can show me exactly where I used offensive language and it was not just his own over reaction and reading of the post that cause the warning. I was talking about a def and it's not the first or last time I will comment on the players inability to do anything worthwhile ingame

edit
it smacks of overreaction of a mod forcing his values on people where while its public free speech is still allowed once profanity abuse or racism is not used. Would also say that a permanent warning on my record is excessive and pm asking me to get rid of it would be more appropriate since I have never had any problem on this forum
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Re: Appealing warning Offensive Bias

same goes as for the other topic, i'm gonna let this one sink in first before commenting
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Yeah, sorry about that, Cas. I am trying to get promoted to Knighthood in the Order of Morality.
I was too busy trying to convert you to my radical a-sexual faith to consider the option that you might have meant a defence.
After all, that would have been the logical semantical value of your remark. :) Absolutely! Now that you have opened my eyes to the truth, I will burn my holy books and tattoo a peace sign on my forehead.

Oh god, I wish I could take it all back.. all of it! Forgive me!

Now that we've said sorry and shook hands, you can go suck and nibble on that delicious popsicle, Cas. Didn't your daddy just give you one? You definitely know how to put it up, or so your partner told me last night.

[spoiler]I rest my case.
Funny how refreshingly new the focus of this complaint is.
Bias m8![/spoiler]
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Offensive Bias wrote:Yeah, sorry about that, Cas. I am trying to get promoted to Knighthood in the Order of Morality.
I was too busy trying to convert you to my radical a-sexual faith to consider the option that you might have meant a defence.
After all, that would have been the logical semantical value of your remark. :) Absolutely! Now that you have opened my eyes to the truth, I will burn my holy books and tattoo a peace sign on my forehead.

Now that we've said sorry and shook hands, you can go suck and nibble on that delicious popsicle, Cas. Didn't your daddy just give you one? You definitely know how to put it up, or so your partner told me last night.

[spoiler]I rest my case.
Bias m8![/spoiler]

Sorry to interupt... but does your consistency in modding demand that you warn yourself for the above bolded part? :-k
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:
Offensive Bias wrote:Yeah, sorry about that, Cas. I am trying to get promoted to Knighthood in the Order of Morality.

[spoiler]I rest my case.
Bias m8![/spoiler]

Sorry to interupt... but does your consistency in modding demand that you warn yourself for the above bolded part? :-k
Now why would I do that? Didn't Casshern's interpretation of the rules allow such comments to be made? :)
As you can see, I illustrate the ridiculousness of allowing the masses to dictate the rules. (*sigh* If that wasn't clear from the "I rest my case" in the spoiler..) After all, if I just mean to tell Casshern what I told him, without the apparently warnable meaning you suggest it has, why should I be warned? Am I not just talking about popsicles? :oops:

My point is that while it may be entirely appropriate for the poster, it has an offensive sound/meaning to those who read my post. Now if you were a 12 year old, I would have poisoned your mind with those comments, regardless of how I meant them.

Had I posted this elsewhere, I would have had to warn myself / let myself be warned by other mods. It is WAY out of line, if you read it as the uninformed user we all are. So yes, a warning would be fitting. If Zeek finds that I should not have used this example, I quite agree with any warning he'd give me.

Just as the warning Casshern received is fitting.

Case and point above.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Rules and Guidelines wrote:c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums their selves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6.)

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments, may be ignored or a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user tone it down. More serious cases will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Ombudsperson, Forum Administrators and Moderators.
It's up to the Ombudsman to decide (or rather, recommend to the Admins) whether this was a minor infringement or if it was a more serious case. Clearly it was abuse though.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Offensive Bias wrote:
[spoiler=]Now that we've said sorry and shook hands, you can go suck and nibble on that delicious popsicle, Cas. Didn't your daddy just give you one? You definitely know how to put it up, or so your partner told me last night.[/spoiler]

warning issued, completly inapropriate and a compelte breach of ombudsman forum regulartions. i could even warn you for the entire thing youposted cuz it all seems like a load of disrespectfull sarcasm to me.

shame on you offensive bias, you are a GM and should know way better then this
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Offensive Bias wrote:
xXxsephirothxXx wrote:

[spoiler]I rest my case.
Bias m8![/spoiler]

Now why would I do that? Didn't Casshern's interpretation of the rules allow such comments to be made? :)
As you can see, I illustrate the ridiculousness of allowing the masses to dictate the rules. (*sigh* If that wasn't clear from the "I rest my case" in the spoiler..) After all, if I just mean to tell Casshern what I told him, without the apparently warnable meaning you suggest it has, why should I be warned? Am I not just talking about popsicles? :oops:

My point is that while it may be entirely appropriate for the poster, it has an offensive sound/meaning to those who read my post. Now if you were a 12 year old, I would have poisoned your mind with those comments, regardless of how I meant them.

Had I posted this elsewhere, I would have had to warn myself / let myself be warned by other mods. It is WAY out of line, if you read it as the uninformed user we all are. So yes, a warning would be fitting. If Zeek finds that I should not have used this example, I quite agree with any warning he'd give me.

Case and point above.

actualy universe, the ombudsman cornour has it's own set of rules wich are alot more srickt then the general ones
Casshern
Forum Irregular

Offensive Bias wrote:

Case and point above.[/quote]

point 1 where exactly in my post could I possible corrupt the mind of a 12 year old.
point 2 Where is the offensive or racist or abusive part of the comment I posted
point 3 I would agree if I deserved a warning( which I don't) you do for your comments in this post. important to note I still think I don't so u don't either
point 4 if all you can do to fight this is make light of it, your points are null and void and have no substance
point 5 it's the interpretation of the comment which is important, I can find other posts showing where I commented on his inability to fight before, where your proof that I meant your interpretation of the comment.
point 6 if the comment is abusive in any means and if it is found to be I'll apologise. it intent was a bit of friendly /unfriendly batter. if we can not do this sort of thing on topic in a post, you removing alot of the fun that exists on the forum
Last edited by Casshern on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Casshern
Forum Irregular

Earendil wrote:
Casshern wrote:
Offensive Bias wrote:point 6 the comment is abusive in any means if it is found to be I'll apologise. it intent was a bit of friendly /unfriendly batter. if we can do this sort of thing on topic in a post, you removing alot of the fun that exists on the forum

Actually, there are plenty of ther ways to 'have fun' without having to come close/crossing the line set down by Forum

i didn't think i did cross the line it was friendly batter that happens in most thread in general and gc. i would also point out i was talking about his defence and ability to fight back in context of previous one sided fights, i've had with him.

also the warning shouldn't be on the corruption of the innocent then but on it being abusive and i would think that it would deserve a polite pm and ask me to change it (since i've never had problems before).

so i can go then and apply the same rules to any post that members make on players inability to fight mass etc as its abusive to the players. Now that is extreme but since rules should be applied to everyone and not on whim or extreme intrepretation of a mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

it is currently up for discussion among the admins...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

Tetrismonkey wrote:Bump.

Just want to see how the Ombudsmans are going with this. Don't want you to forget about your work. Updates?

already written up and on vote for admins, just have to wait till they all replyd
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict

the admins have descided the warning is turned into a verbal warning.

zeek

Return to “Case Archives”