Mod breaking rules again

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Mod breaking rules again

Why is it that Tetrismonkey seems to think he can keep breaking the sig rule that the Administration implemented? he always seems to break that particular rule.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7909

He even broke it this particular time to squeeze a quote in with a poor attempt to try and bully me by causing humiliation towards me. Sounds a bit like other issues happening at the moment where bullying is allowed.
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Re: Mod breaking rules again

heheheehheheehehehe That was the best response ever!
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I'm not sure how many people observe the signatures of other users with particular fastidiousness. It seems more likely that the signature size was simply overlooked in the rather brief period during which it was up. Far be it from me to ride roughshod over a good conspiracy theory, but I don't think the failure of the administration to act on a single signature during a period of several hours quite amounts to an advocation of bullying.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Mordack wrote:It seems more likely that the signature size was simply overlooked in the rather brief period during which it was up.
Yes simply overlooked because he's too eager to continue his bullying campaign of me. Afterall he is the one that openly admitted he will do whatever he can to bully me on this forum.

Mordack wrote:Far be it from me to ride roughshod over a good conspiracy theory, but I don't think the failure of the administration to act on a single signature during a period of several hours quite amounts to an advocation of bullying.
I didn't say the Administration failed to act on this signature, but they continue to fail to act on all instances of bullying on this forum and that doesn't just include me.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Tetrismonkey wrote:So to cater to the needs of a user, my signiture has been reduced.
I'd suggest you change that to "To comply with the rules as any good regular user should, my signature has been reduced in height". ;) Isn't that why you changed it? :P
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

why can't size be enforced automatically like some forums? ie limited like the number of charactors are.

I've removed the view siggies option on here now
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

ƒemme ƒatale wrote:why can't size be enforced automatically like some forums? ie limited like the number of charactors are.

I've removed the view siggies option on here now

Limiting the characters on sigs wouldn't work, because the url to an image is included in the character count. Therefore you could have several images that all fit within the height of the sig rule, 450px but the urls all added together may be higher than the character limit.

Also the text in quotes would add to the character limit as well so as you can see it wouldn't really work.

The real issue though is people, even Moderators using their sigs to mock and humiliate other users and essentially bullying them.
Image ImageImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Clarkey wrote:[spoiler]Why is it that Tetrismonkey seems to think he can keep breaking the sig rule that the Administration implemented? he always seems to break that particular rule.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7909

He even broke it this particular time to squeeze a quote in with a poor attempt to try and bully me by causing humiliation towards me. Sounds a bit like other issues happening at the moment where bullying is allowed.[/spoiler]

*yawn* Mordack is right, the administration did nothing wrong, Tetris didn't have his sig up long enough for anyone to notice. Hell, I didn't even know his sig was that big. And I notice that stuff.

But this really isn't about Tetris' sig being "too big" or the "administration failing to act on it" rather this is just about you getting your ego bruised and wanting some revenge.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Dr. House wrote:*yawn* Mordack is right, the administration did nothing wrong,
I didn't say they did in this particular issue.

Dr. House wrote:Tetris didn't have his sig up long enough for anyone to notice. Hell, I didn't even know his sig was that big. And I notice that stuff.
The length of time someone is breaking a forum rule has nothing to do with the fact they are breaking the rule. You break a rule for 1 second it's the same as breaking the rule for 1 day.

Dr. House wrote:But this really isn't about Tetris' sig being "too big" or the "administration failing to act on it" rather this is just about you getting your ego bruised and wanting some revenge.
It's about the fact that a Moderator is so eager to bully at any given opportunity that he doesn't stick within the boundaries of the rules that he is supposed to uphold.

The reason no-one is listening to me regarding the bullying going on in this forum is because of my past history. But you would think that the staff would learn from that. I have legitimate concerns of bullying on this forum and I am ignored by the Administration because of their dislike towards me.
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Clarkey, you are getting even more ridiculous than Semper.

If you are so upset about someone having a too big sig until someone pointed it out to them, tell me ... did you spot every sig higher than 550 px on the second during your time as moderator/administrator?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:Clarkey, you are getting even more ridiculous than Semper.

If you are so upset about someone having a too big sig until someone pointed it out to them, tell me ... did you spot every sig higher than 550 px on the second during your time as moderator/administrator?

I appreciate your input in to this Deni.
But I feel that you are all overlooking the real issue here.

The reason he put that quote in his sig is in an attempt to humiliate, belittle and bully me.

The reason his sig was too big was because of the above. And therefore he broke a forum rule in his eagerness to bully me.

Can no-one understand what I am saying?
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Do you feel that putting a quote about someone in your signature constitutes bullying?

I guess that would depend on the nature of the quote. Although not especially complementary, I do not see Tetris' addition as being "verbal attacks on their character, threats against them as a person or attacks on another’s race / gender / ethnicity or other minority status" as quoth the rules.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Clarkey wrote:
deni wrote:Clarkey, you are getting even more ridiculous than Semper.

I appreciate your input in to this Deni.
But I feel that you are all overlooking the real issue here.

The reason he put that quote in his sig is in an attempt to humiliate, belittle and bully me.

The reason his sig was too big was because of the above. And therefore he broke a forum rule in his eagerness to bully me.

Can no-one understand what I am saying?

What he is doing is no different then your own vendetta. Hypocrites. Image
:smt066 4 ingame Hellboy accounts banned
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:Truthfully, I did not know my sig was to large, i've seen sigs about my size and thought nothing of it. Once you posted, I downloaded a pixel ruler and sure enough it was to large. It's an honest mistake that can be corrected with little effort. A simple pm would have suficed to have my sig reduced. If you are upset with the quote I have placed in my sig, it's well within the rules. I'm sorry if it bothers you, but I just really like the quote.

Good day to you sir.

That was scary.
Bias Admin colour

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”