two problems

Ombudsman Case Archives
odji nsu
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: two problems

\:D/ :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

this is very educational,, There are no rules regulating attitude.,, i have been trying to find out about that for a long time, and i have not yet seen any place that says we have to post with a friendly attitude, Hell its a war game, and he is a system lord as for RP sake we consider are self's GODS So why would he post with a nice attitude and in a war thread to top it all off,,

If you are going to warn for attitudes well your falling way behind,

Cheers and good day
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

odji nsu wrote:\:D/ :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

this is very educational,, There are no rules regulating attitude.,, i have been trying to find out about that for a long time, and i have not yet seen any place that says we have to post with a friendly attitude
I have, they're called the rules.

"c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others."

odji nsu wrote:Hell its a war game
No, it's not. It's an MMORPG. What THE GAME is based on even in your opinion is entirely irrelevant though. These are the forums.

odji nsu wrote:and he is a system lord as for RP sake we consider are self's GODS So why would he post with a nice attitude and in a war thread to top it all off,,
If you take a look at the topic he was warned in, it was not a war thread. He was not roleplaying. It was a normal post. Having a continually belligerent attitude towards others (aka being abusive) as he clearly was warrants a warning when he crosses the line in calling someone an idiot, even if he was simply agreeing with a turn of a phrase someone else made.

As for posting ingame PMs on the forum, the rules are clear you are responsible for what you post. Doesn't matter if an ingame Admin told him to post it, there was no reason to post it 6 different times in 3 different topics. He was lucky to get 1 warning and not be upgraded to a permaban for breaking the rules, counting each word and not post, probably 50 times.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
odji nsu
Forum Expert

Dr. House wrote:
~Sokar~ wrote:
Earendil wrote:Then I must be an idiot.

You know it.. :D

5.c. Abuse
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated.

Warning issued. You are displaying the intention of a personal attack through words which are, by themselves, not warnable. Your attitude towards Earendil in general however, is.

Calling someone an idiot isn't against the rules. Agreeing with someone that they're an idiot sure as hell ain't against the rules.[/quote]
from what i see there is no non courtesy to that post he even put a smiley face with it, so chew on that ,, and i never said nothing his posting something someone else had sent him, so please separate who your talking to when you quote. and again it has been determined that idiot is not a warnable word, :smt019
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

what would you prefer? him getting that warning for general attitude, or a series of 6 warnings (5 more than current) for his various posts using the multi, resulting in his being permabanned?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Zeratul wrote:what would you prefer? him getting that warning for general attitude, or a series of 6 warnings (5 more than current) for his various posts using the multi, resulting in his being permabanned?

Here we go, more biased crap, where the only objective is to punish this single user rather than enforce the rules.

There is NOTHING in the rules about attitude, in the thread below this one, it was agreed that idiot wasn't an insult worthy of punishment. No amount of threatening the user is going to change these FACTS.

Earendil wrote:Even if J told him to post it, he could of edit'd out the masking himself.

You do have a point. It's hard for me. In one hand you have a man who was told by the administrator to do something. I can't really see how a reasonable person would have expected to get in trouble for doing it. However, I could see it the other way around as well. :-k
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Dr. House wrote:
Zeratul wrote:what would you prefer? him getting that warning for general attitude, or a series of 6 warnings (5 more than current) for his various posts using the multi, resulting in his being permabanned?

Here we go, more biased crap, where the only objective is to punish this single user rather than enforce the rules.

There is NOTHING in the rules about attitude, in the thread below this one, it was agreed that idiot wasn't an insult worthy of punishment. No amount of threatening the user is going to change these FACTS.

Earendil wrote:Even if J told him to post it, he could of edit'd out the masking himself.

You do have a point. It's hard for me. In one hand you have a man who was told by the administrator to do something. I can't really see how a reasonable person would have expected to get in trouble for doing it. However, I could see it the other way around as well. :-k
Quit stalling and start advising the admins of how you feel things should have been done, instead of wasting hundreds of words attacking their actions in this thread. :roll:
Keeping this thread open serves no other purpose than to beg for more attention, you've made up your mind since page 1, so what are you waiting for? ;) Starcraft 3?
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Dr. House wrote:Two of the warnings were bad IMO. Admin Jason told him to post about the ingame message on the forum.

Where do you got that from Jack?

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Earendil wrote:A reasonable person, even after being told to post something by an Administrator would see the ...words of choice... used by the original sender and think "I should at least make this a little decent before i re-post it"

I disagree, but we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Juliette wrote:Quit stalling and start advising the admins of how you feel things should have been done, instead of wasting hundreds of words attacking their actions in this thread. :roll:
Keeping this thread open serves no other purpose than to beg for more attention, you've made up your mind since page 1, so what are you waiting for? ;) Starcraft 3?

Have I embarrassed you, Juliette? I've already given my recommendation, overturn the warning you gave. As I've already said, take your arrogance and shove it. Now this post of yours is quite offtopic, I've already issued a verbal warning about spam in this thread, as such, you are warned. Enjoy, princess. ;)

@Deni: Where'd I get what?
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Dr. House wrote:@Deni: Where'd I get what?

Deni quoted you where you have said somewhere in this thread that 'Admin Jason told him (that being Sokar) to take it to the forums'. Uhm, right. No offense to you Jack, but do you have actually verified it with Jason or the other admins whether they really told him to? Since if they didn't, a big part of the evading of the ban is null and void.
As for the thread Sokar got warned in, it is pretty clear that it is just an building up of offensive posting (after looking through it again). I understand that you focus on that specific post, but Sokar got a warning for his 'career', to put it mildly... the fact that he needed to chip in and insulting Earendil by 'confirming' what Earendil said a bit sarcastic was just the end of it. He could have known that he'd risk such a thing since Earendil was speaking in his mod/admin-colour and his own posts were building up to something what in the end would result in warnings anyhow.
-Ben
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

The rule about speaking 'courteously to others' has never been enforced to the letter. Although courtesy does not necessarily equal nicety; I would recommend a rewording of that particular rule in order to discourage people from arbitrarily reporting and cracking down on every post which isn't the textual equivalent of a happy ending. I support Jack's verdict, and we will be submitting it to the administration in due course.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
odji nsu
Forum Expert

so is his ip going to be unbanned.. I would like to tell him an answer to this soon,

Thank you
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

odji nsu wrote:so is his ip going to be unbanned.. I would like to tell him an answer to this soon,

Thank you
No, why would it be?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

odji nsu wrote:so is his ip going to be unbanned.. I would like to tell him an answer to this soon,

Thank you
Even though the result of this case may be that his warning is retracted you've still got to consider that the other warnings after his ban will still remain. So you have to consider that he may still have enough warnings to warrant a ban, so until that is clear don't go assuming he will be unbanned because of the decision made from this thread.

Plus also his ban is almost over anyway.
Image ImageImageImage
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Locking this thread, as the ombudsmen have already given their final word. If you wish to continue discussing the issues raised here, then please use the appropriate section of the forum.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)

Return to “Case Archives”