lol dont ya love knight

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: lol dont ya love knight

I am always baffled at your version of "consistency" - once someone made a mistake (gave a warning or edited a thread) so the same mistake should be made in the same situation for all eternity, so that the modding is "consistant".

I do not call that consistance, I do call that stupidity.

Because it would be stupid if we do not learn from our mistakes and do better we are in the same situation next time, won't we?

Having said that, I am not aware that Belinsker has requested his warning lift just asking for clarification why it was given (except I misunderstood his post entirely).

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:Having said that, I am not aware that Belinsker has requested his warning lift just asking for clarification why it was given (except I misunderstood his post entirely).
This is where the admins show no sense of wrong doing.

Do you expect everyone to know the english and american versions?

Do you expect if someone doesn't know something is on the filtered list in one version that they should refrain from posting it in another version?

Do you feel that in a first occurrence like this that a warning should immediately be given?

If Admins actually feel that a warning was wrongly given do you ONLY consider retracting the warning IF the user complains or argues against it?

If you feel it shouldn't have been given then you should have the power to remove it regardless of whether the user fights it or not. if the user believes what the Mod says then they may not consider arguing against it, but that still doesn't mean they deserve it.

There is no way in hell that Belinsker should have got a straight off warning for posting something in English format when he would have no idea it was on the filter list in American format. Yet even if you agree that the warning should not be given you won't do anything about it unless that users argues it. That is what it looks like you are saying.
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Clarkey, I do not care what my words seem to be saying to you. You lost your credibility to me with the recent private messages you sent to me full of swearing and insults.

You are free to voice your opinion on the forums - just as any other user is as far as they are not breaking the forum rules. It just has not any weight anymore - at least to me.

Further, I prefer to deal with the retracting of warnings privately and involved only those who are directly touched. I'll leave the public show for you as I do not need it.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

deni wrote:Clarkey, I do not care what my words seem to be saying to you. You lost your credibility to me with the recent private messages you sent to me full of swearing and insults.

You are free to voice your opinion on the forums - just as any other user is as far as they are not breaking the forum rules. It just has not any weight anymore - at least to me.
Nice cop out. Even if i hadn't been rude you still wouldn't provide you opinion on whether Knight was right or wrong to issue this warning and to assume that ever user should know what is on the filter list and what the american and english versions are.
Image ImageImageImage
Mikgamer
Forum Regular
Alliance: Leaf Leaderz
Race: lulz

Pretty common sense stuff here...don't use bad words period. (he even admits it himself that he knows it was a bad word) Wow! Look at that, no chance of being warned for masking :roll:.

Spoiler
2011 - Diplomatic Alliance of the Year (Leaf Village)
2010 - War of the Year (The Legion vs. MaYHeM/ChAoS)
2009 - Noob moment of the year runner up: Clarkey's Breakdown (involved deleting my account lulz)
knight
The Lulz

Cussing is still cussing no matter what language you use. [-X

If you cuss, I will give you a warning for it. :smt023

Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

The entirety of your argument is negated by the fact it doesn't matter if the American version was on the filter and English version was not. It was reported for masking and knight warned him for masking. That was a mistake and knight said it himself, he should have been warned for profanity or abuse. Whether it's the American version on the filter or the English version which was not, it's still a profane word used in a abusive/profane context.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

deni wrote:
Having said that, I am not aware that Belinsker has requested his warning lift just asking for clarification why it was given (except I misunderstood his post entirely).

correct, the warning does not bother me as it doesn't affect me given that i am rarely here. I deserved the warning if it was for abuse/profanity; it annoyed me that knight was too lazy to put it down properly though. at the end of the day, no harm done

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”