A or B?

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

A or B?

Few weeks ago i was warned for posting some stats in one post. Some sayd everyone knows whos stats those were. I started topic in ombudsman corner and was told its against rules to post stats. I also spoke with Earendil and he told me this on MSN.

Well... I recieved warning.

Here are links:
post->https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=124&p=2201217#p2201217
ombudsman topic->https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=237&t=174701

Today I reported one post, where player posted stats w/o name. He specified just alliance.
Report was closed and I was told its not against rules.

But rules says (rules because this rule was changed after my case):

rule before:
Section 5: Language
e. Stat posting
The posting of other users current in game stats are not permitted on the SGW forums. You are however permitted to post your own.

Consequence:
The offending user will be given one warning point.

rule nowdays:
e. Stat posting
The posting of other users current in-game stats (such as spy logs) are not permitted on the SGW forums. You are however permitted to post your own stats and attack logs.

Consequence:

After all... player is alowed to post only own stats or attack logs. Not someone else stats, spy logs.

In post which I reported are spy logs, w/o name, just allaince.

Here the link to reported post, made by kaboom-> https://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=178543&start=255

So... why are you making differences? I was told many times its only black or white... nothing between. Kaboomer broke rule, should recieve warning for it.
RETURN of the P I R A T E
caesar2
Forum Addict

Re: A or B?

Eärendil wrote:You have had my answer 2 ways, both the same and another from one of my friends/your alliance mate. My position will not change.

I am heading out for the night, enjoy this post, if it stays unlocked for long, I have nothing further to add.

Than i have simple question.

Did Kaboom post some players ingame stats?

YES?NO

The posting of other users current in-game stats (such as spy logs) are not permitted on the SGW forums.

Did Kaboom post own stats?

YES?NO

You are however permitted to post your own stats and attack logs.

And my last question.
If first question is YES and secodn NO... why the post was not edited and kaboomr didnt recieve warning?
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

*sighs*

was it visible from the post and its context whose stats those were?

no = no warning

yes = warning

It is as simple as that :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
caesar2
Forum Addict

deni wrote:*sighs*

was it visible from the post and its context whose stats those were?

no = no warning

yes = warning

It is as simple as that :)

No... rule is one... theres nothing written about "what IS aand what IS NOT visible for admins and mods"!

OMG... is tghis forum realy just a junky palce for stupid ppl?
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

*sighs again*

The motivation behind the rule is, that forum posts should not make spying ingame obsolete. When this is done, then the post is edited and a warning is given to the poster.

Posting spy logs is thus only prohibited when the identity of the one spied is clear - whether from the post itself or its context. This is consistent with the original motivation of the rule.

Further, the rules has been and is applied considering its motivation consistently over the last few years.

Of course, you can bring up the argument that this is not clarified in the rules itself. But you have also to consider that not every situation can be explicitly mentioned there especially if the rules post has to be kept short in order for anyone to read it.

I do not think that any mod will give you another explanation, but feel free to insult and swear at us. We are used to it :)

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
caesar2
Forum Addict

Hey dear Forum staff... I see your coming here and reading.
I know how stupid is the rule written... but dont close eyes... come and discuss it public.

Why C2 recieved warning and another player not?
The rule is almost the same and how it is... postin stats is not alowed. Every one player should be warned for posting others stats, even if he dont write name and even if we have no clue whos stats those are.

Cmon!

e. Stat posting
The posting of other users current in-game stats (such as spy logs) are not permitted on the SGW forums. You are however permitted to post your own stats and attack logs.

Consequence:
Nikola Tesla
Forum Regular
Alliance: Terran Family
ID: 7840
Alternate name(s): vakho

caesar2 wrote:Hey dear Forum staff... I see your coming here and reading.
I know how stupid is the rule written... but dont close eyes... come and discuss it public.

Why C2 recieved warning and another player not?
The rule is almost the same and how it is... posting stats is not allowed. Every one player should be warned for posting others stats, even if he don't write name and even if we have no clue whose stats those are.

your logic has flaw.

you presume everyone on forum has equal rights. that is as true as people in real world having equal right and everyone being equal in court of law. as a result in real life Cheney that shot poor guy in the face, received apology from said guy. in the forum ..... :)
BAU for Life!
caesar2
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:Clearly you are blind. 8)

Clearly your memory is short...

here reminder what you wrote me in ombudsman corner wen you had the function:

Do. Not. Post. Stats.

/Thread

What other cases? The stats belong to someone else. I don't care if he stated who or not.

It wasn't an attack log, it was a spy log.

Well, that time admins didnt remove the warning and this were explanations I had. Than few on MSN privatly. I can make some quotes as well.

Dear forum staff... this is for laugh. The rule is bad written, but its there nd i was warned for same as kaboomer posted.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

my question is, did you post the other users name, or ID? if not then i see no reason for your warning and should be easily removed, if you posted his id or name then yeah you got it, and the other guy didn't for that reason, don't grab for straws mate, you know that makes since you'd need an id or a name to do anything with stats... looking for the holes in this place is fun C2 and leads to arguments, but at the end of the day lets be real it does make since mate, total sense... and the mods are not here to correct every loop hole, they are here to take this forum on and make sure it's morally correct, and don't have the time to rewrite rules on a dying forum lol, just my two cents why fix something that isn't broken?
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
caesar2
Forum Addict

RoKeT wrote:my question is, did you post the other users name, or ID? if not then i see no reason for your warning and should be easily removed, if you posted his id or name then yeah you got it, and the other guy didn't for that reason, don't grab for straws mate, you know that makes since you'd need an id or a name to do anything with stats... looking for the holes in this place is fun C2 and leads to arguments, but at the end of the day lets be real it does make since mate, total sense... and the mods are not here to correct every loop hole, they are here to take this forum on and make sure it's morally correct, and don't have the time to rewrite rules on a dying forum lol, just my two cents why fix something that isn't broken?

I was warned even if I didnt post name or ID.
That time I arguesd like you wrote.
Mods edited my post and I ercieved warning.
This time they told me its not against rules.
So wheres the truth?
Rule is simple... theres not written tht admins or mods can decide if posted stats w/o name are clearly sawn as Someones stats or not. But they are doing it.
In my complain about the warning many mods and admins told me "posting stats is not alowed"... "ppl knew whos stats you posted" ... "if you dont write name, still its againt rules, until you post own rules".

This time they told me "he posted stats and nobody knows whos those are" ... "rule was changed" ... "your silly caesar"...

Well... in slovakia we say "We all are eqaul, but few are more equal."

Nvm... after all, after 3th report the post was edited and stats removed.
Now... please clearly change the rule... its realy stupid written. And let say... dont make differences next time. Rule is rule... even bad one is rule...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Tetrismonkey wrote:Could have sworn the rule stated current stats. Where did that little bit go? Yes, this statement has no reflection of what is going on. Just needed to say it.
Was that sarcasm or did you not read the rules correctly. If sarcasm then I don't understand.. :smt107

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

The rules did say that once upon a time.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

I think changes to the rules should be visibly posted somewhere whenever they occur.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

whenever there are significant changes to the rules, they are announced... (and pretty much any change is significant, so....)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”