Ascended

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Ascended

And they still suffer double losses in main? Or has that changed?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

Lore wrote:And they still suffer double losses in main? Or has that changed?

Game Update 2007 wrote:If you wish to DESCEND YOURSELF - ie 'quit ascension' .. you can.
You will become a 'Daimon' - basicly a fallen divinity...This is the only race open to fallen ascendeds who chose their own demise... The bonuses are: whatever your ascended account was giving to your main account at the time of banishing yourself, MINUS the ascended blessing[/color] (so no unique tech to this race.) (for example if you were prior, you got 5% bonus on att/def/cov/income, and the ascended blessing, and new weapon valus. You keep all but the ascended blessing.) A Daimon DOES NOT GAIN GLORY and, in battle and covert, TAKES DOUBLE CASULAITIES -- basicly, they are living fast and dying fast :). From this race, you can choose a fully mortal race, or keep this race. No other options.

Sounds like the James Dean of GW :-D
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
meatman
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE

Trying to be more active on the forums to try to help improve stuff, I just saw this thread, thought I'd voice my opinion.

Never really played ascended much until the new updates. Always tried to be active on there, farm every now and then, try not to draw too much attention to myself until I could defend myself etc.

Just before update my personal stats were approx 400ish?

So just after update it would have taken about, what? 4 hits to get me? (9 hours).
Now, we were at war with DDE when the updates came into play, and I didn't fancy getting descended much. So I farmed, farmed, built up etc. Stats went to approx 650 for all. Still took 9 hours to descend me.

Unfortunately I went to a university open day, so I was afk for 11 hours. Guess what happened?

Despite hours and hours put in, it made no difference to the time required to descend me. Events come up where you will be away for just too long to stop stuff happening.

I think the point I'm trying to make is, some of us needed a wake up call to start playing ascended more. I'm not sure this was what was needed. Maybe make the penalties for descension more severe, but make it slightly harder to get people? So that when that one event comes up, meaning you are not punished for being away for 10 hours when you need to log in every 9 hours.

Thing is, I can understand why the top players would want people who are inactive to be easier to descend, but some people are the same level with more time put in (after all, it is a game, some are just naturally better than others), who would also be massively affected.

However, it is nice that people who would previously take 10+ days to descend are now vulnerable again.

Maybe reduce the time between hits to like, 2 hours, but make it so maximum of 1/6 lf reserves total? So minimum is 10 hours (6 hits) but actives get progressively harder to descend. And maybe up the penalties, like not only losing ascended stats, also lose 5% to your stats? Makes it much more worth the effort to descend the higher up people.

Only pitching an idea here. After all, I've not been playing ascended as much as some of you, so my views might be less valid.
MSN: Meatman_matt@hotmail.co.uk

Be willing to take a stand, to take a terrible risk to do something truly admirable. To overcome the instinct of self preservation. To fight our fears.... And win.
To discover that we are not just merely a bundle of reflexes and conditioned responses, but we are thinking beings, able to chose the right over the easy, and justice over safety.
Stand up. Stand up! The time has come!

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”