Amy Winehouse

A place to discuss the music we listen to, mass to, or are looking for a greater appreciation of.
_Bjorn_
Forum Irregular

Re: Amy Winehouse

RoKeT wrote:being a drug addict is a disease its a proven fact, do you feel all mentally retarted people should die?

gees they really spoon feed you crap dont they. they also say being a pedo is a disease so are yo gunna stick up for them?

its just common day crap they feed you with mate if you beleive choosing to put drugs into your system is a disease theyve done a good job on you mate. also retarded is quite offensive to people you no
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

A disease is something your body develops usually through natural means.

Drug addiction is not a disease.
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

ahem,it can be a form of mental disease just like gambling, alcoholism and other addictions. Its called an addictive personality disorder.

Can't say I was surprised to hear of her passing, can't say I was a fan of her music either..
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
MEZZANINE
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity
Race: System Lord
ID: 81691

Going off topic

Addiction is NOT a disease

BUT

It has been scientifically proven that certain gene combination's are common to almost all addicts, people with these gene combination's are far more vulnerable to addiction and when addicted it is far harder for them to break the addiction.

Of course this still would not be a problem if they never tried an addictive substance, some like refined Sugar, Coco, Caffeine, Tobacco, Alcohol are hard to avoid since they are everywhere and we are encouraged to use them, the prescription and illegal kind are not encouraged but still easily available and tried by many simply because we dont trust the BS we are taught in school.

Back in my school days what little so called 'drug education' we received contained far to many lies, and even though some was true no ones believed the true parts because of the lies.

Example

We were told that people who took acid ( LSD ) thought they could fly and jumped off buildings, or did other equally stupid things. BS

We were told that Ecstasy was addictive and had a high mortality rate killing those that took it. BS

We were told that Heroin was one of the most addictive and destructive drugs that destroyed the lives of users. TRUE

Only 1 of these 3 statements was true, and the 2 BS statements meant that no one believed the one that was true. From what I here drug education today is just as inaccurate so kids try things for themselves and dont realise the true bits are true until it's to late.

Im sure we have all tried the legal ones, of the illegal ones I personally I have tried

Acid - several times in mid teens, was fun for a while but comedowns were horrible.
Mushrooms - Only once, didnt like it but other seemed to.
Cannabis - From about 14 onwards on and off, I prefer it to alcohol.
Ecstasy - Late teens to early 20s, loved it and took lots but grew out of the whole clubbing scene.
Speed - Good combined with E's. Not nice on it's own and many negative effects. Girls tend to like it because its an appetite suppressant which also increases metabolism so great for weightloss. I would NOT recommend or encourage anyone to take this.
Mephedrone - Couple of times a few years back, E's are bunk these days and this was the closest thing to the old E type buzz so when me and my mates wanted to relive our mad clubbing days we tried this and loved it.

I personally never tried the real nasties like Heroin or Cocaine because I was lucky enough to be told the truth about drugs and all there effects by a family member.

Now after all this no one in my group of friends is addicted to any of these, none of us ever suffered illness because of them, and all of us have always worked, paid our taxes, lived normally and never broken any of the media related crimes like theft or hurting people.

Amy Winehouse RIP

Now lets watch the media that hounded her, even drove her towards drugs start another witchhunt against all drugs before they move on to hound and harras their next victim.

Spoiler
Attack Mercs Killed (30) 459,329,001
Defence Mercs Killed (10) 2,918,478,517
Attack Soldiers Killed(60) 12,677,958
Defence Soldiers Killed(20) 226,236,488
Attack Super Soldiers Killed(300) 490,627,262
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 4,131,482,551
Spies Killed(50) 4,256,505,842
Spy Killers Killed(50) 651,022,448
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 35,583,034
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 39,498,511
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 2,413,254
Planet Defences Destroyed(300) 358,539
Planets Taken(5000) 411
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 2,355,738,435,154,805
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 5,943,886,456
Weapon Points Destroyed (Sab+Att)(0.0001) 74,293,522,376,607
Attack Turns Used(1) 1,731,971
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:ahem,it can be a form of mental disease just like gambling, alcoholism and other addictions. Its called an addictive personality disorder.

Can't say I was surprised to hear of her passing, can't say I was a fan of her music either..
To get addicted to something you have to try it first. Don't tell me that people don't have any self control.

I have never ever smoked a cigarette. Lets say i did today and I became addicted. That is nothing to do with mental disease or anything else except for lack of will power.

i have never smoked because i have strong will power, everyone has that will power, just some don't use it enough.

It's not a mental disease because you don't know anything about it until you try it, so simple thing is don't try it. Everyone knows what drugs do to people, if you choose to take drugs that's your own personal choice and nothing to do with mental disease.
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Music”