Let me in

Chat about your favorite movie?
Does that new film look great or like an epic fail?
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Let me in

Anybody watched it?

I thought it was excellent...especially loved the juxtaposition between guilt and innocence, and the almost sad beauty of some parts and the visceral violence of others.
Violent J
Forum Irregular
Alliance: None
Race: Legionnaire

Re: Let me in

I have seen this, thought it was really good, bit slow in parts but really enjoyed watching it
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Quite decent movie.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:Quite decent movie.

Short and sweet :P

@ Guida, at times it was quite slow, but I think it all added to the film.

The bigger question is:
[spoiler]Was Abby all along looking for a new guardian? Therefore completely manipulating the young boy? Or did she innocently fall for him and then her previous guardian screwed up?[/spoiler]
Violent J
Forum Irregular
Alliance: None
Race: Legionnaire

yeah the slowness did add to the film, would have been like all horror movies if it had moved fast and everyone killed.

I reckon she fell for him and wasnt looking, the guardian screwing up was just one of those things i reckon plus he looked like he had enough anyways, tired of doing what he was doing in the end
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

[spoiler=We believe the answer to your question is]That Abby initially did not look for a new guardian, but rather for a friend of the same (physical) age as herself. From the behavior of her old guardian, it is probable that it was not the first time. When the old guardian messed up, she had to replace him, and the replacement was obvious.[/spoiler]

The main reason this movie is not fast like the typical horror movie is that the script is not hollywood in origin. It is based fairly closely on the script for a Swedish movie. (let the right one in)

Recollection of this movie makes us also think of another swedish vampire movie. Frostbiten. Also very good, but somewhat different in style. A bit quicker in some parts, with more comedy mixed in, and of course more vampires. It is a bit hard for some to understand though... the language is swedish, so subtitles are a must for full understanding. (unless you know enough swedish, that is)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

RepliMagni
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:
The main reason this movie is not fast like the typical horror movie is that the script is not hollywood in origin. It is based fairly closely on the script for a Swedish movie. (let the right one in)

Recollection of this movie makes us also think of another swedish vampire movie. Frostbiten. Also very good, but somewhat different in style. A bit quicker in some parts, with more comedy mixed in, and of course more vampires. It is a bit hard for some to understand though... the language is swedish, so subtitles are a must for full understanding. (unless you know enough swedish, that is)

Zera spamming with his multis :P

Zeratul wrote:[spoiler=We believe the answer to your question is]That Abby initially did not look for a new guardian, but rather for a friend of the same (physical) age as herself. From the behavior of her old guardian, it is probable that it was not the first time. When the old guardian messed up, she had to replace him, and the replacement was obvious.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think that is the main way of looking at it. But I just rewatched it, and there is definitely a case to say she manipulated him from the start: the fact that they can't be friends; the old guardian seems almost jealous of Owen; she leaves the photos lying around, clearly showing Owen what the old guardian was, etc.

I personally follow the more conventional line that she needed companionship....heck, she even went to the trouble of pretending to like his sweets. But I can't help but feel she wasn't as "innocent" as she is portrayed.

Also one thing that bugged me is that she has a hunger for blood. NOT an instinctual need to KILL. Hence why the guardian can nip out, kill someone, decant a bit of blood, and feed her at home. So why the hell not raid a blood bank? Why not work as an employee at a blood donors and syphon some off? It would have made more sense to portray her with an instinctual need to kill, and thus the guardian was always on hand to cover up her mess.[/spoiler]
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Multiposts fixed. It was various attempts to post yesterday right before Jason disabled forums for a bit.
Anyways...

[spoiler]She may have manipulated, but it might also have been the child in her not planning. The coverage of the thirst is interesting. The problem with blood banks is that it'd require either access to a single blood bank and ability to cover up missing blood (fairly hard, we'd say) or it would require the means to rob countless different blood banks over time. A single human provides far more blood than can be stolen without quick discovery from single blood banks. It might also be that thefts of blood that do not demand inquiry from a single blood bank are insufficient for her needs.

It also appears that she does not have any form of vampire compulsion, so it is harder to cover her trail.
Also, on the blood bank system. Perhaps neither she, nor any of her guardians has thought of the idea of stealing from such?[/spoiler]

Return to “Grand Cinema”