impersination

for FORUM issues, complaints, requests, bugs, etc - - not game related...
00RA00
Forum Regular
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Paul

impersination

Some1s created a multie of my acc.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: impersination

There is no other account currently named 00RA00, or Ezy-whatchamacallit.
No one is impersonating you. (The only account that came close; 00RA001, is not active.)

Your complaint is outdated and reeks of more attention seeking.
00RA00
Forum Regular
Alternate name(s): Paul

Cersei Lannister wrote:There is no other account currently named 00RA00, or Ezy-whatchamacallit.
No one is impersonating you. (The only account that came close; 00RA001, is not active.)

Well two weeks ago Der was a 001 so ur stench is bias n giv a if its inactive, some1 was using it. So do ur job n work out the ip u dizzy 1
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Two weeks ago. See the point? When it starts posting again.. then it becomes a point.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

User account is not directly linked to any other account. It is also, as mentioned deactivated, so it will not post again until it goes active once again.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

no u is the impersoator coz i saw and there was the other one and her was der before you so sthu
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Cersei Lannister wrote:There is no other account currently named 00RA00, or Ezy-whatchamacallit.

now, now Miss O.. you know this user was banned and unable to post a complaint about someone impersonating him on forum until now.. actually he was trying to do this last time, which I believe led to his banning. This time he has brought it to the correct place to have the matter seen to :)

And it is still a rule violation is it not to pretend to be someone else on here?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
kaboom
Forum Expert
Alliance: AllMyNaq

best quick and quiet solution would be to ban 00RA00 account and the 00RA00 IP adres ...

No more multies thats way or bug's for that matter :smt115
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

fem fatale wrote:now, now Miss O.. you know this user was banned and unable to post a complaint about someone impersonating him on forum until now.. actually he was trying to do this last time, which I believe led to his banning.
Fair enough.
fem fatale wrote:This time he has brought it to the correct place to have the matter seen to :)
I could say many things about the way he brought it, but fine.

fem fatale wrote:And it is still a rule violation is it not to pretend to be someone else on here?
Only if your intent is to convince people you are someone else. Simply having an account called '00RA001' (or 'Cersei Lanister', for that matter) without saying you are either '00RA00' or 'Cersei Lannister', is not something that is not allowed.
You could argue that the only reason someone would call themselves by a name almost shared by another is to pretend to be that other, but the only way that works is if the pretender alludes to his/her being the one their name is similar to.

For instance, when EMP and Turkeyman went at it together, there was complete matching of both profiles, and posts were made clearly intended to -at least- confuse people. Convincing them that a long-time forum user is actually another long-time forum user is not really going to happen, but people who do not read properly might be confused by it.

Now compare to the case of 00RA00 and 00RA001. 00RA001 started posting after 00RA00 was banned, so there was no conflict (people know 00RA00 is banned, so 00RA001 is obviously someone else; as a ban evading multi would have been banned on sight). Since there was no attempt at convincing users of 00RA001 being 00RA00, there was no impersonation.

Since there was no impersonation, no rule was broken (note the text of specifically rule 3.B). Ergo, complaint invalid.

tl;dr: The requirements for 'impersonation' set out in Rule 3.B were not met => no impersonation.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

00RA00 wrote:

Well two weeks ago Der was a 001 so ur stench is bias n giv a if its inactive, some1 was using it. So do ur job n work out the ip u dizzy 1

Try being nice when you ask people for help.

The account 00RA001 was deactivated weeks ago and has not been reactivated since. Personally there is no good reason anyone would want to impersonate someone of your personality, therefore likely to be someone that was on the receiving end of your ingame abusive and sick messages.

However, the IP address on this ocassion will not help.

Don't try and make yourself out to be a victim because you have asked for everything you have received.
Image ImageImageImage
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Cersei Lannister wrote:
fem fatale wrote:now, now Miss O.. you know this user was banned and unable to post a complaint about someone impersonating him on forum until now.. actually he was trying to do this last time, which I believe led to his banning.
Fair enough.
fem fatale wrote:This time he has brought it to the correct place to have the matter seen to :)
I could say many things about the way he brought it, but fine.

fem fatale wrote:And it is still a rule violation is it not to pretend to be someone else on here?
Only if your intent is to convince people you are someone else. Simply having an account called '00RA001' (or 'Cersei Lanister', for that matter) without saying you are either '00RA00' or 'Cersei Lannister', is not something that is not allowed.
You could argue that the only reason someone would call themselves by a name almost shared by another is to pretend to be that other, but the only way that works is if the pretender alludes to his/her being the one their name is similar to.

For instance, when EMP and Turkeyman went at it together, there was complete matching of both profiles, and posts were made clearly intended to -at least- confuse people. Convincing them that a long-time forum user is actually another long-time forum user is not really going to happen, but people who do not read properly might be confused by it.

Now compare to the case of 00RA00 and 00RA001. 00RA001 started posting after 00RA00 was banned, so there was no conflict (people know 00RA00 is banned, so 00RA001 is obviously someone else; as a ban evading multi would have been banned on sight). Since there was no attempt at convincing users of 00RA001 being 00RA00, there was no impersonation.

Since there was no impersonation, no rule was broken (note the text of specifically rule 3.B). Ergo, complaint invalid.

tl;dr: The requirements for 'impersonation' set out in Rule 3.B were not met => no impersonation.

LOL indeed, a voice of reason! Let us begin to count how many Gen O'Neil variations we have here? Or start punishing the System Lord X's? Cersei is quite right and as for this 00RA00/01 business, there was more going on there than i can prove.

Clarkey wrote:Don't try and make yourself out to be a victim because you have asked for everything you have received.

From what i've seen, quite right. Why throw pearls after swine? The mods have far better things to be getting along with.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)”