Bloody Argie-bargies

[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie
Location: Borehamwood Elstree, England, 2 mins from George Lucas Studios.

Re: Bloody Argie-bargies

Sorry for the late reply, i've had the cold for the past few days. still not 100% but getting better.

I understand and i know the history of the Falklands and our commitment towards the islands. i also know that the indigenous population consider themselves to be British. i'm not contesting any of that, and if you asked me 10 years ago i would agree we should unconditionally defend the colony, but i am looking at this in a MUCH larger global context. maybe that applies and maybe it doesn't (an argument for another time), but the way i see things right now-there is enough conflict going on all over the world. there's also the currency wars going on which has a REAL possibility of leading to WW3. just a few months ago, Chinas PM made an open statement for his country to prepare for war with the US. the BRIC nations have made the biggest deals in trade history completely cutting out the dollar...that's an open statement right there that the US dollar is finished. some of the experts i've listened to lately (who have proven track records) say the dollar (for all intents and purposes is dead already) will be finished by the end of 2012...what all this has to do with the topic thread is as i explained...there's to much conflict in the world as it is, enough is enough and it's time to change the way we all treat each other, both home and abroad.

Extraditing ourselves out of the EU economic straitjacket and negotiating trade agreements with the likes of Argentina is a MUCH better way of ending this conflict....before anyone argues against that, history has proven that trade agreements can lead to long term peaceful resolutions between nations that are not on the best of terms.

Anyways, that's the way i see it. and as i said, maybe it's relevant and maybe it is not, but before potentially starting another conflict all other possibilities should and must be exhausted...war needs to be in service of the people (all people) not the other way around.

Call me an idealist if you like...i really don't care :-)

Infinite Love Is the Only Truth: Everything Else Is Illusion.

-David Icke
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:lol: Again with the naivete. How the mighty have fallen, G-man. ;)
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

I've lost count how many times you have accused me of being naive...what is so naive about wanting a better world?

No i don't live with my head in the clouds before you start....i know EXACTLY what i am saying.

-David Icke
Kit-Fox
Forum Elite
Race: Tollan
ID: 0

[KMA]Avenger wrote:Extraditing ourselves out of the EU economic straitjacket and negotiating trade agreements with the likes of Argentina is a MUCH better way of ending this conflict....before anyone argues against that, history has proven that trade agreements can lead to long term peaceful resolutions between nations that are not on the best of terms.

Argentina has publically said recently & previously in the past that it will not sign *significant* economic deals with the UK until the Islands are returned to them.

How exactly do you figure we'll get good relations?

How will we compromise??

Will we sell out the people of those islands like we did in NI which lead to almost a century of violence as a result?

WIll we give them the oil they are demanding with full military menaces if we dont comply?? Oil they have no international claim to what so ever. In fact by the reasoning given by Argentina for ownership of the oil found there the UK could by the very same reasoning lay claim to France/Spain/Belgium/parts of Germany/The Netherlands/Denmark/parts of Northern Italy & Portugal

Tell me are you starting to see the problem yet?

And why shouldnt we deal with any stupidity on their part in terms of black&white & absolutes??

They agreed to adhere to certain behaviours & didnt, you cant let what is essentially a bully get away with such KMA & you should know this. If you let them get away with this, whats next??
Last edited by Kit-Fox on Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The river tells no lies, yet standing at its shores the dishonest man still hears them

If you dont like what I post, then tough. Either dont read it or dont bother replying to it.
[KMA]Avenger
Forum Zombie

When you offer a nation the chance to trade thereby boosting the nations economy and creating jobs, the people would see to it the Govt does the right thing (at this point, Juliet is free to call me naive....again).
Argentinians are not stupid, Argentina was after all-and not that long ago-the richest nation on the planet. that memory is still very much alive in the minds of the Argentinian people, and i am sure the average Argentinian would gladly lay rest to any claim for the Falklands if it meant their standard of living would rise.

I am not suggesting for second we abandon the islands or it's people-that would be akin to chopping of Wales or Scotland and setting them adrift...but in the words of Einstein: No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.

Meaning if we want this problem solved once and for all, then we need to "maybe" rise above ourselves and offer another solution in place of "the islands are our ours, they were ours before Argentina even existed. you made an agreement and should stick to it. the islanders consider themselves British and we will defend them and their homes".

It can be done, it only requires the will to get it done. sadly, will is something that is is in EXTREMELY short supply both politically and from the citizens of the world.

If it comes down to it and we need to go over there again then i am all for it...so long as a viable long term solution is also presented at the conclusion of any further conflict. the only thing i can see that would guarantee we are not going over there every 20/30/40 years are long term trade agreements.

-David Icke

Return to “General intelligent discussion topics”