Upcoming beta

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Upcoming beta

nightlight wrote:Avenge me Sol avenge me :smt043 the buggers got me while i was at work and had no internet :smt090

But while i did get to mass a few defence's down with the destroy attack in a short period i could not hunt assassins...something along the lines of i need permission..
Just a idea and i know we have the ingame message system but is they anyway of you setting up a chat system for team mates so that each one know what the plan is and who to attack as it would make sense for one member to have a big attack while another as a medium attack that way you are not losing your big attacker just to wipe out a small defence.....i know they are loads of chat systems outside of the game but everybody i know use different systems like MSN and Facebook chat i use imessages but not everybody has a ipad/iphone/touch and itwould be handy to see who in your team is online...

I killed everyone for us :-D

Ya, didnt give you the ability to hunt assassins, so you couldnt use it (the general idea of having teams on here...)
Well i was going to add a 'unit wide' message button in the lobby, can't really add a chat system as such...I was considering adding an IRC chat window, but would be kinda pointless.

@gohan, that killer pm thing is done now as well. As for the splitting...not a bad idea, although it kinda defeats the purpose of the whole team death match thing

@juliette, there is a randomizer, when the 6 hour mark before the tourney starts, everyone in the lobby who isnt in a team, and all leaders with no members (their units are destroyed firstly), are randomly put into teams, filling the max first and working down, until there is one left, if there is, in which case they are removed from the arena. I think it actually happened once this time...unless Unit2 was created by someone, that would have been a randomly generated one.
I tried to 'help' the random teams as well, hence why you can usually see their physicals and last login time.

You may have found as well, you CAN kill your own team members, tourney overlords wont stop you, it may be a viable tactic, but it means you will be down one member (but possibly up some planets).

@byrne, wack in arenaStats.php at the end of the address and you can see the final jazz there (probably in history).

The tournament is still open as well, I made a new one except it has a load of time so you can traverse the lobby some more, make teams and such and generally look at it without the need for running around.

FM for the billionth time i sent you your details in a pm, if you didnt get them, then pm me.
For anyone else wanting in on the dev just hit me up with your ascended ID and i'll send you details.
There will be another team death match later, but for now it's just all about the lobby and such.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Sol wrote:I just sped up the inevitable :P

I'm claiming moral victory. Gohan for President! Another idea may be for when you click team names. When I clicked a team name, after a player from that team had gone, I only saw the player that is currently in the tourney. Maybe make it so you can see all the members they had from day 1, but show which ones are dead and who killed them. It'll let us see what state some teams are in when there's a lot more players in the tourney.
Sol
Forum Addict

Gohan wrote:
Sol wrote:I just sped up the inevitable :P

I'm claiming moral victory. Gohan for President! Another idea may be for when you click team names. When I clicked a team name, after a player from that team had gone, I only saw the player that is currently in the tourney. Maybe make it so you can see all the members they had from day 1, but show which ones are dead and who killed them. It'll let us see what state some teams are in when there's a lot more players in the tourney.

I think I'll do that idea actually :-k, although i may make a separate page for them in arena stats, so then tourney players and the outside world can see what's happening all up in there.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:i fell asleep 8-[

checked te attack logs though sol...and thats some very funny phasing i went through ;)

up to your old tricks are yah !! huh lol

8-[, I just sped up the inevitable :P

phahah god damm you sol lol ! , im claiming the win too

win for team EPIC EPIC
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:
Sol wrote:
Guild wrote:i fell asleep 8-[

checked te attack logs though sol...and thats some very funny phasing i went through ;)

up to your old tricks are yah !! huh lol

8-[, I just sped up the inevitable :P

phahah god damm you sol lol ! , im claiming the win too

win for team EPIC EPIC

Wouldnt have mattered, i had both of you leveled, a few more turn changes and you would have been dead. As i said, just speading up the inevtiable :razz:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

I'm in :D

Quick start it!

Love you SoL :P

:smt060
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

Sol as our team won i have noticed that you have the title God of the Arena....just wondering if you could change it to something different so that all members of the winning team get a title.
As it's a team battle maybe a new title of Gods of the arena ...team of the arena or something else.....even if the member gets knocked out first as long as they do a attack or use 1k worth of turns they can get the title if there team wins.
You can use the God of the Arena one for the single tournament.
If you do this you can add more achievements as you would need to win team and single to get a title later on...i remember reading somewhere that you want the achievements to be hard and to take ages :-D
Sol
Forum Addict

nightlight wrote:Sol as our team won i have noticed that you have the title God of the Arena....just wondering if you could change it to something different so that all members of the winning team get a title.
As it's a team battle maybe a new title of Gods of the arena ...team of the arena or something else.....even if the member gets knocked out first as long as they do a attack or use 1k worth of turns they can get the title if there team wins.
You can use the God of the Arena one for the single tournament.
If you do this you can add more achievements as you would need to win team and single to get a title later on...i remember reading somewhere that you want the achievements to be hard and to take ages :-D

I haven't fully done the prizes yet, that and the stats page need doing :)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Silver Neccho
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Dominium
Race: Alteran

Might I ask when the next tourney is?
Sol
Forum Addict

Silver Neccho wrote:Might I ask when the next tourney is?

When I finish the team death match, so when i finish implementing it and testing it on the beta sooo +- 5 years. I have about 5 things to do on it with no time to do it ;).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

tournament rank should be working now...
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Silver Neccho
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Dominium
Race: Alteran

Sol wrote:

When I finish the team death match, so when i finish implementing it and testing it on the beta sooo +- 5 years. I have about 5 things to do on it with no time to do it ;).

So do you plan to drop one of the requirements for the "significant entities" goal? If we cannot do a tourney we are unable to proceed with the achievements.
Sol
Forum Addict

Silver Neccho wrote:
Sol wrote:

So do you plan to drop one of the requirements for the "significant entities" goal? If we cannot do a tourney we are unable to proceed with the achievements.

So then you're going to have to wait aren't you?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Another tournament will start on beta very soon, you will have a day or so to get into teams. Bet choose them now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Tournament Discussion”