The 5x army limiter

Suggest any improvements
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

The 5x army limiter

As we're all painfully aware, one can't attack someone who's got more than 5x more planets than they have.

The way I see it the 5x limiter is a way to protect newbies or small accounts - so that larger accounts can't obliterate them without them having a chance to get back at them.

But since some people abuse this fact (2 accounts, 1 big, 1 small vs 1 big account, the big account masses the other big account, the small account finishes them off making sure they have very few planets, then the big account can easily escape to vac mode because the massed account can't attack them due to 5x limiter), would it not be more prudent to base this on either the age of account (you're protected by this for a year, for instance) or CER (5x limiter before 500m CER, 6x between 500-600m CER, 7x between 600 and 700m, 8x between 700 and 800, 9x between 800 and 900, 10x between 900 and 1b,.., or just a set rate - after CER reaches X, the 5x limiter doesn't work for you anymore)?

That way the younger, smaller accounts could still be protected, as this is for them to be protected, while the bigger accounts could mass back after being massed and could farm everyone they were able to farm before being massed.
Alternatively it could also work, if you wish for the massed to be able to farm fewer farms, if you made it so that once someone attacks you (or you them, for that matter), the 5x limiter doesn't apply for, say, 5 days. They could mass you back, you could mass them back. At least that way the snipers wouldn't be able to hide behind vac mode with juicy supers one could take out if it weren't for the 5x limiter.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: The 5x army limiter

There are certainly some major loopholes and limitations to the planet count mod on ascended...
(aka the 5x army limiter)...

I can't take it all in atm, (sorta like tl:dr, except that i tried.)

but it looks like you thought out your solutions reasonably well,
and I'd be inclined to try them. :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Yep and the worst part is that actually even just one can easily destroy you and hide on vac mode because it seems the 5x limiter doesn't work downwards. I was massed by someone who aided someone else, he had about 18b planets, I got massed from 7b to 1.5b. Despite my CER being over 1b, I couldn't mass that guy back. He had 1.2b super attackers trained with 0 def and 1b spies + 1b assassins. He had no defence at all and ran on vac mode before I could get back to him. So all the limiter does right now is stop someone from having revenge while allowing someone to mass them even below 5x of their army..

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Mines 5x biieger. bahahajja
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Neimenljivi wrote:Yep and the worst part is that actually even just one can easily destroy you and hide on vac mode because it seems the 5x limiter doesn't work downwards. I was massed by someone who aided someone else, he had about 18b planets, I got massed from 7b to 1.5b. Despite my CER being over 1b, I couldn't mass that guy back. He had 1.2b super attackers trained with 0 def and 1b spies + 1b assassins. He had no defence at all and ran on vac mode before I could get back to him. So all the limiter does right now is stop someone from having revenge while allowing someone to mass them even below 5x of their army..

~N
please don't use 6 long sentences when a short list will do. :)
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

yeap yet another reason so called "legit multis" sux..
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “Suggestions”