new design

What do you want to see in the game? what can be improved? any suggestions welcome here...
Vandrad
Forum Newbie

new design

I have just come back after not playing for a long time and the game is still really fun but the site is not always very pleasant to look at.

Even certain areas just need a simply layout change and they would be more functional and easier to visually work with. The game tries to display a huge amount of information in a way that can be very unwelcoming to anyone new playing. A simple layout using some more modern jquery techniques would massively improve the UI.

Black background with white text is never the best to display text. An example page like the planet.php page are just a cramped and confusing to anyone who is first looking at it. And of course a mobile version of the site would be great. Its a lot of work and may not be the most time effective job.

Just an idea for people to consider
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Re: new design

Polishing a bit I agree with, Complete redesign I disagree on, White on black matches up with the game being about sci fi and space etc, And huge redesigns can quickly have the moaners out in force threatening to leave communities.

Better phone integration would be welcome, Maybe alternate skins could be an answer, But I follow the if it ain't broke don't fix it principle.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

If you have problems like i do ... If you use Nvidia grafic card... just go there turn on the brightness :D ... bet it's the same with radeon :smt064
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Vandrad
Forum Newbie

its not really about brightness its about white text on a black background is just not suitable and is more of a strain on the eys then black on white.

As for the "if its not broke dont fix it". I agree sometimes this is the correct principle. But that also causes a situation where things dont progress. A complete overhaul of graphics can help games in a massive way if done well. I believe in design and simplicity and I mean no disrespect to the designs of this game/site but its been the same since I when I first played the game. There have been additions but they seem to have been just dropped in rather then thinking about a functional UI.

Dont get me wrong. Keeping the same colour scheme is not an issue. But updating layouts to be cleaner and more functional will always be a good thing for me. For me the site is more like an excel sheet then an infographic. An infographic can carry a huge amount of information but is visually pleasing and a huge amount more inviting. Excel deas with lots of data as well but in a very different way and to some people in an unmanageable way.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Nothing is broken, and nothing is being considered for fixing, it would be completely new.

I do agree though, about time gw sort of adds some graphics. Something I cannot do myself and can't accomplish for free.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Game Suggestions”