Pay back

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Zeon
Forum Elite
Alliance: THe criminal web
ID: 0

Re: Pay back

Indeed
Sovetski wrote:Once FRA always FRA, we are almost as addictive as this game.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

In this newfound spirit of exaggerated victimhood, I will be available via private message should anybody want to retroactively overcompensate me for any hits which have occurred over the last decade so.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Repayments... Zeon, who asked you to repay and why?
RETURN of the P I R A T E
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Make them repay - mass them - don't repay them - if they moan mass the alliance
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

harchester wrote:Make them repay - mass them - don't repay them - if they moan mass the alliance
ahh the first smart words from u in a long time :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

D3ath wrote:
harchester wrote:Make them repay - mass them - don't repay them - if they moan mass the alliance
ahh the first smart words from u in a long time :D
what you talking about...i was the one who taught you this!! [-(
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
~Odin~
Alföðr
Alliance: The Collective
Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

Norbe wrote:The first player to mass me in this game (late 2006) was a well known and popular alliance-leader of the past, famed for his very aggressive stance which led his alliance into many many wars. He massed me because I had been silly enough to take a planet from a friend of his (not in his alliance). He had a talk with my friends, we explained our responses and his choices, following this he agreed to pay a compensation package to cover most of my losses. I was happy and no-one else got massed.

The moral of this story? Repayment of damages has always been a way to resolve hostile situations and prevent further conflicts. The choice is usually simple, you repay what you took from me, or I take everything you build for the next XXX months/years. In the vast majority of cases, it's far cheaper to choose the repayment plan rather than the ongoing war. And that's without factoring in escalation to the point of alliance/empire wars.

I probably can site a hundred or more examples of where reimbursement has been used to resolve conflicts in this games history. It is one of the key diplomatic tools on both sides of a table and it's uses or refusals to use have been influential in starting and ending wars, keeping peace and even the rise and fall of alliances and empires.

~Norbe~
Well said.
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “StarGateWars General”