Thank you, Jason.

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Thank you, Jason.

Firstly, some context. I moved away from home just under a year ago. I wasn't quite Richard Whittington, who famously left for London with little more than a backpack, but I did leave most of my stuff at home. Namely, my desktop PC, that bastion from which a bespectacled teenager conducted many a vicious campaign. At one point he spent hours massing people as part of Omega, at another he somehow became a forum admin, and eventually he became one of those tiresome people who doesn't actually play the game but still hangs around the forums in the style of Statler and Waldorf.

Anyway, I'm back home for the weekend to do some family thing. I logged on my old PC, took a look at my favourites and decided to log back into the forums of that game I used to play. To cut a long story short, I've just spent an hour reading old SGW threads. From the COP/CIA war, to my ombudsman campaign thread (which is a classic by the way) to some classic old SLA threads featuring Esker.

This game was such a big part of my life for such a very long time and I had some great times here. I think it was here that I developed that caustic style of argument which became such an asset in my career and elsewhere. It was here, also, that I met some wonderful people with whom I still converse. It was so great, in it's hey day, that I almost wish everybody who played SGW would all just start some new game from scratch and we could do it all over again. ETL, Robe, Juan, Esker, Buck, Semper - just relive it all.

I'm going to conclude by thanking Jason. The same Jason with whom I bitterly disagreed about so much - but regardless of all that you made this game and I had terrific fun here. Is it dead? Dying? Gone?

Still, it was great whilst it lasted, wasn't it?
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: Thank you, Jason.

It's in a decline, but not gone yet.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Greg! You drunken fool, this game will never die and all your favourite people still skulk the forums, hidden but not forgotten.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

It's funny I should come and read this; I was reminiscing about this game the other day and how much I missed the community of old and the role playing. I sincerely enjoyed the years I spent roaming these forums and the people from all over the world I spoke with on a regular basis, the days when you could still play the game without investing a fortune (of either time or $$) and still be competitive.

This game was with me from my GCSE's and all the way to my graduation from University and even a little after that (hell I still come back now and then even now, well over a decade since I first signed up). It got me to learn photoshop, it kept my creative writing going, it provided me with debates to keep my mind sharp, friends to talk me through my many years of insomnia and it helped me maintain a friendship which may well have echoed out long ago without this whole game to act as a mutual forum of activity. I will always remember my time here with fondness.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Noobert
Sedin Triplet
Alliance: Mayhem
Race: A Canuck
ID: 57572

You make me sad Greg but I do feel the same way about this game.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

I liked this game because I could come back from the pub drunk and then chat **Filtered**.
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Jim wrote:I liked this game because I could come back from the pub drunk and then chat **Filtered**.
Yes, there was always that too.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

hehe , i come online when i get sick and bored of sitting home every colpe of years , great to see you logging in even if it was in 2015 :)
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !

Return to “StarGateWars General”