Repair Cost Calculator

Forum for all general ingame discussion.
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Repair Cost Calculator

Are there any repair cost calculators, or formulas around that are available to use?

I have done forum searching and google searching but haven't been able to locate anything. Not sure if that is because it is too complex, or nobody has cared to detail the mechanics.

Anyhow, if anyone has any further information on repair costs would appreciate any input!
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Re: Repair Cost Calculator

why u need it?
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

What i do is i use my fingers to get naq from bank, if its not enough i go back to bank. After that is done if its still not enough i use keyboard as a weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-obb0c-0E
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

reborn wrote:What i do is i use my fingers to get naq from bank, if its not enough i go back to bank. After that is done if its still not enough i use keyboard as a weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-obb0c-0E
This seems to be an effective method
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

D3ath wrote:why u need it?
Nerdiness mostly... was wanting to add some stuff to my SGW spreadsheet to calculate effective massing, average repair cost to defense power ratios and stuff.

Algebra, Formulas, mathematics and what have you interest me :smt101
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

I did write a php calculator(up) a while back(didnt get the formula right), but what you want is not only slightly complex, it also is very time consuming when massing, you would have to copy paste some values into the calculator, an onliner would be impossible. :-k
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

Wolverine_nl wrote:I did write a php calculator(up) a while back(didnt get the formula right), but what you want is not only slightly complex, it also is very time consuming when massing, you would have to copy paste some values into the calculator, an onliner would be impossible. :-k
I couldn't imagine ever using it like that due to the random nature of AB and other variables. It would be more a feasibility evaluation prior to a massing to see what the range of cost would be given your strike and other factors. It would give you a capability of knowing "well I at least this much Naq for repairs on this mass"

As previously stated, you have a lot of variables, and it would in essence by a exponential equation - first year calculus type formulas. It wouldn't work like a single sab calculator to say "here is exactly what is required", it would be a statistical range of potential costs.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

overlord elz wrote:I couldn't imagine ever using it like that due to the random nature of AB and other variables. It would be more a feasibility evaluation prior to a massing to see what the range of cost would be given your strike and other factors. It would give you a capability of knowing "well I at least this much Naq for repairs on this mass"

As previously stated, you have a lot of variables, and it would in essence by a exponential equation - first year calculus type formulas. It wouldn't work like a single sab calculator to say "here is exactly what is required", it would be a statistical range of potential costs.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
:smt016
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

Clockwork wrote:
overlord elz wrote:I couldn't imagine ever using it like that due to the random nature of AB and other variables. It would be more a feasibility evaluation prior to a massing to see what the range of cost would be given your strike and other factors. It would give you a capability of knowing "well I at least this much Naq for repairs on this mass"

[spoiler][/spoiler]
:smt016
LOLZ :-D
so it's purely a statistical tool for an estimation, taking in account targets defense, unit/mercs/armed or not, Mothership stats (you might need a test run to see those) and planet stats, then yuo have to factor in chances for asc. bonusses. etc etc etc etc...
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo
ID: 0

You can totally predict the cost of repairing weapons, but it only works in two very specific instances.

1. Weapons not damaged = 0 naq repair cost

2. Weapons damaged to 100% = (naq cost of weapon * number of weapons to replace)
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

You all fail applied mathematics.

All I want is the game code formula for repair costs :(