Spying changes

Jora Sjacka
Forum Regular
Race: Accountant
ID: 0

Good thinking, Harald, That could work, but I think the chance of succeeding should be the same as it was before!
All the naq I have spent on my covert skill is wasted, i say WASTED,, forum!!

-Jora-
Ira furor brevis est.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

from 'game updates' on the main homepage (not accessible while logged in):
I think this addresses the "use" or "uselessness" of covert skill, addresses the "less die on failure if more are there to fight the enemies off" and at the same time, makes it useful to have a high covert defense..... plus makes it worthwhile for offense to have more than 1 agent....
I really think this is an improvement :) ....

Feb 25, 2005
Armory Updated:

Cost of repair altered slightly. All bugs around displayed cost opposed to actual cost (hopefully) all resolved. Button and display of cost to repair to full capacity added.

Covert Operation - Recon:

The success calculation changed, making it easier to succeed - even versus a stronger opponent. The higher the covert skill level,the better the chances of succeeding against more powerful opponents. It is still based on spies/agents SENT opposed to those owned (while defense is based on total owned.)
Death Rate on Failure: This has been changed to reflect the relative strengths of the attacking covert forces and defending covert forces. If you lose, the amount of covert deaths will vary based on the above.
Thanks to all the players who provided feedback on this one - you know who you are :)
nasedo
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Now that I have adjusted my tactics I can't find a problem with it. I had spent HEAPS on my Covert action and its paying off just as it used to now.

Its not wasted, you just need to change the way you think to make it successful again.

Return to “Bugs Archive”