Damn Sky TV *Serenity Spoilers*

Where players can relax and discuss their favorite TV shows a*WARNING* spoilers may abound *WARNING*
The Dagda
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Damn Sky TV *Serenity Spoilers*

I've never seen Firefly but I saw that Serenity had its' premiere on Sky Movies tonight so I thought I'd watch it. By and large, I was really enjoying it; the film was face-paced and an off-beat scifi which I find most enthralling.

Anyways, it was boiling down to the crew of the Serenity having to get past the Alliance to air some revelation about the origin of the Reavers. The Serenity lands on the planet. Now, with most of the crew staving off the Reaver assault and Mal attempting to get the feed on the air waves the climax is building. Mal is confronted by some Morpheus look a like and then it happens.

Yes, the damn Sky Movies channel decides to freeze the picture on the last 15 minutes of the film! In a desperate attempt to avoid audio only (the audio kept going but the screen had frozen) I flicked to Sky Sports 1 and flicked back. Now, I have the annoying face of Ronaldo instead of Serenity and it's still the bloody audio! In disgust, I came on here and signed on to MSN. "Get Sky half price said the advert."

Damn right get it half price. It's a load of garbage. Now I have to wait an hour to hopefully see the end. Hhmph.
samir
Fledgling Forumer

hehe, u seem to be well annoyed
Grand Admiral Martin
Forum Expert
Alliance: I serve only myself.
Race: Ascended Irish
ID: 33984

Re: Damn Sky TV *Serenity Spoilers*

The Dagda wrote:I've never seen Firefly but I saw that Serenity had its' premiere on Sky Movies tonight so I thought I'd watch it. By and large, I was really enjoying it; the film was face-paced and an off-beat scifi which I find most enthralling.

Anyways, it was boiling down to the crew of the Serenity having to get past the Alliance to air some revelation about the origin of the Reavers. The Serenity lands on the planet. Now, with most of the crew staving off the Reaver assault and Mal attempting to get the feed on the air waves the climax is building. Mal is confronted by some Morpheus look a like and then it happens.

Yes, the damn Sky Movies channel decides to freeze the picture on the last 15 minutes of the film! In a desperate attempt to avoid audio only (the audio kept going but the screen had frozen) I flicked to Sky Sports 1 and flicked back. Now, I have the annoying face of Ronaldo instead of Serenity and it's still the bloody audio! In disgust, I came on here and signed on to MSN. "Get Sky half price said the advert."

Damn right get it half price. It's a load of garbage. Now I have to wait an hour to hopefully see the end. Hhmph.

no way i thought it was just me, i was watching reruns of atlantis and sg1 since i missed them, i switched to serentiy on one of the break, i too hadnt seen firefly, and was getting into it and it was ruined. suppose just have to wait until its on again, too bad i know how it ends now.
The Dagda
Forum Grunt

Damn annoying wasn't it. I'd shoot Murdoch (owner of Sky) if I saw him for that. OK, a bit overboard as I suppose it wasn't his fault but whom evers fault it is :smt068
Reaver
Fledgling Forumer

I don't have that problem, but I do feel for you. If you got into the movie, you should definately check out the show. The majority of fans have liked the show much more than the movie.
The Dagda
Forum Grunt

Reaver wrote:I don't have that problem, but I do feel for you. If you got into the movie, you should definately check out the show. The majority of fans have liked the show much more than the movie.

Did Firefly only run for one season? That'd make it relatively cheap to catch-up :-D
Reaver
Fledgling Forumer

Yup, actually a little less than one full season. The DVD set comes with four episodes that didn't air. If you're in the States, you can get the season for about $40.
Dark Ixion
Forum Newbie

aaaaaah, wat an awesome show, damn shame it was cancelled, and yeh, the series was much better than the movie,..
amadkiwi
almost spammer
Location: On the TV. I am the one getting bundled into the back of a SWAT van by many people holding big guns

There was a series??? :shock:
goodie
Forum Expert

amadkiwi wrote:There was a series??? :shock:

yes

firefly

good from what ive heard, going to buy it at some point

-Goodie
The Hamburglar
Forum Spammer

you can watch most of the episodes on http://www.XXXX.co.uk they are there somewhere... and also its on the scifi channel in the uk now so you can watch it there too. it is really really good, so for the ultimate absorbing viewing buy the dvds, grab some beers and a few friends and enjoy the show that was firefly.

I locked a thread earlier with the same website name. If proof can be furnished of a contract allowing them to reproduce the shows, please PM me.
CrimsonFrost
Indeed! I can scarcely believe it.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

I saw serenity for the first time two nights ago. I've seen the odd ep of firefly here and there and thought it was quite cool, so decided to check out the movie. I thought it was alright, but not as good as what I have seen of firefly.

Out of interest, does anyone know when serenity takes place in relation to the firefly series? is it before or after?

Norbe.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Reaver
Fledgling Forumer

Serenity takes place about six months after the final episode of Firefly. Although there is some debate about the possiblity of the time line. Whedon has made that official though.
Retired from SGW.
Osi
Forum Addict

I loved the Alliance Fleet. and if you look at the Reave fleet the Glactica is in it somewhere for a split second.
Our failure is obvious, we had our foot on the throat of Humanity and we failed to step down hard enough.
Grizzly
Forum Grunt
Race: ALL
ID: 68203

I realy wish this show would come back on its on the top of my best shows ever list.

Return to “The TV room”