Super weapon Bidding

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
urogard
Forum Elder
ID: 0

Hensenshi wrote:Ascended is the balance to main. Are you saying we need to balance our balance? :lol:

actually it isn't a balance to main. it's just a continuation of it.
Shooting Star
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Actually it was intended to be a server for those who wanted more of a challenge than main was providing. But, as with all updates, this one was corrupted quickly by a bunch of power grubbing opportunists, who spent tremendous amounts of their resources (or in Juan's case, other people's resources), ascending quickly to gain a 30% bonus in all areas in main and who did not bother with ascension. Now some of those very same people complain when updates come out that benefit those that actually PLAY both servers.

And just so this post is on topic, the ascended superweapon can be bid on by anyone. Yes, the ones who are richest have the best chance of acquiring it, but then we have to use it on someone (we cannot sell it) and when we do, that person gets the superweapon 24 hours later. They then have the opportunity to use it on us (or someone else) or to auction it off. To this point, everyone has auctioned it off to help rebuild their accounts. As someone who was hit with the ascended superweapon not once but TWICE on the ascended development server, I can tell you that, while it is difficult to come back from it, it is not impossible. I recommend selling the weapon once you get hit by it if you really want a chance to rebuild. You get a 48 hour PPT after you get hit by the weapon and you get a 24 hour PPT once the auction ends and you get all that DMU.

Yes, I buy the superweapon every nine or ten days because 1.) I don't want to be hit by it and 2.) I like knowing where the weapon is at all times. Believe me, would I like to use that 400 billion DMU elsewhere and not have to worry about the superweapon? You betcha. But Jason put it in, and it is my goal not to let the weapon fall into the "wrong" hands. But I guarantee that, as long as I possess the weapon, smaller accounts needn't fear the weapon (and yes, you are all smaller accounts to me, except Sinister, and he doesn't need to fear it either).
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Seems you beat Jason at his own game :wink:
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

urogard wrote:
Hensenshi wrote:Ascended is the balance to main. Are you saying we need to balance our balance? :lol:

actually it isn't a balance to main. it's just a continuation of it.

Personally, I think ascended is a much more interesting game than main. It's more detailed and more strategy based, albeit slower which it the core disadvantage.

I've never seen the ascended weapon "screen" or anything about it. My whopping 3 million a turn income will keep it out of my hands for a long time. Can you describe what you get when you have possession of the weapon, what options are available for it, and so on now that it's in production?

Just curious about it...
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

RobinInDaHood wrote:Personally, I think ascended is a much more interesting game than main. It's more detailed and more strategy based, albeit slower which it the core disadvantage.

Well times are changing
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”