QW Covert

Pyr0t3ch13
Forum Grunt

Sleipnir wrote:
Apparently, as the covert action score has decreased, so has the damage your spies do. So where normally, your spies would have been more than enough to destroy a weapon singlehandedly, now you need more. This might seem bad now, but remember, at the higher levels, the only thing that matters is the number of spies needed to beat your opponents covert. After you've beat that, most of the time, 1 spy extra is enough to destroy a whole ton of weapons. So it's just a little delayed.

An example:
Old situation. Opponent has level 10, 500 spies. You need 500 of your level 10 spies to beat that, plus an extra 10 to destroy 5 weapons (rough estimate).
Opponent has level 16, 500 spies. You need 500 of your level 16 spies to beat that, plus an extra 1 to destroy 30 weapons (rough estimate).

In the new situation, each spy is less powerful, but so are your opponents. So you need just as many to beat him as you did before. The only thing that changes is the surplus needed to actually destroy something. Seeing how that is in most cases only a small percentage of total spies needed, this change should not impact overall gameplay. It only changes the balance between attack, defense and covert scores for commander/alliance power purposes.

*Whosh*

Ahh whoah, was that a Jet?!? #-o ](*,) :?

OKay i Really did not get what you said so much... let me try to under stand...

so the old way at the same lv i needed X spys to beat opponents covert...(these spys kinda just distract the opponents...) and then X more to destroy weapons, but as the lvs/power of each spy extra went up we destroyed more. becouse we had X more power per spys extra above the opponents covert. (more power per spy, you hit more weps[kinda like a bigger shockwave]right?)

so what your saying is that now spys dont add so much power per lv(especially lower lvs) so you would need to send a whole ton more to get enough power over to actully kill any weps.??

i think i kinda get it now.
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

As levels increase, you won't see much difference. By then 10 spies surplus can do the same as 50. Try calculating 2^18. Take even a fraction of that, it's still a huge number. Enough to destroy a couple of weapons.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
Nuonn
Forum Newbie

I still have issues with covert, I'm spy level 4 and with no spys have 4 covert and with 1 spy have 2 covert.

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”