How dificult in descending someone (the real thing)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Aegidius
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Lone Wolf
Race: Ancient
ID: 36797

How dificult in descending someone (the real thing)

I had a top 70 account with 300k+ LF -with the reserves-. I'm active and my techs are in the average (I think). Now I didn't login for 8 hs and someone could descend me. The guy invested 300 turns + 150k LF besides building a big attack. Even more; he didn't need to mass my defense.

Now, If I don't remember wrong, descension wasn't pointed to the average player but to the inactives and was supposed to be "almost imposible" to do it if u play the server. My only conclusion from here is that I should lower my rank with a zero stat to protect myself under the ranking multiplier. Isn't all this working just in the opposite direction of what it should?
Don't know. Maybe I made a hugh mistake and if I did I have no idea which one could it by.
~Phoenix~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Unaligned
Race: Immortal

Part fo the game IS managing your account, getting to high ranks means ppl do more damage to you however you look at it, so only take the step when you are ready.
Aegidius
Forum Irregular

~Phoenix~ wrote:Part fo the game IS managing your account, getting to high ranks means ppl do more damage to you however you look at it, so only take the step when you are ready.

My point is that if descension works like this, then the game is not estimulating u to play and fight for higher rankings. I'm at war now and I don't really care about being descended since I have crap stats in main but after the war I will do what many players are doing right now. I'm moving to the lower ranks to enjoy peace and avoid being descended. I find it really boring but who cares about this server anyway.
Tok`ra

Indeed, the assencion server is rather booring.

Personaly I think its link to main should be a 1 way street, you ascend to boost it but thats it.
Hensenshi
Strange Soldier
ID: 0

Tok`ra wrote:Indeed, the assencion server is rather booring.

Personaly I think its link to main should be a 1 way street, you ascend to boost it but thats it.

Part of ascending is the risk of being descended. That was stated when you ascended.
Hells__Angel
Forum Elder

Descention can be relitavely easy depending on your target.

The guy that descended you must have had some decent levels...
Aegidius
Forum Irregular

Hells__Angel wrote:Descention can be relitavely easy depending on your target.

The guy that descended you must have had some decent levels...

Indeed. I droped to the deepest deep. My account was basically taken to the stone age (in terms of units) but the high ranked players can still descend me and it doesn't look like a big effort for them.

The irony of this is that defending myself against descension has turned into the most interesting thing I have EVER done in this server. :D

Anyway, I think descension should be balanced a little in the future because the high ranked ppl produce endless amounts of LF (for a middle-low ranked fellow) so they are only limited by the amount of turns they need to descend us all. As soon as The Rebellion war ends I will post the logs of the ascended attacks against me to make my case so we can discuss it with numbers. Until then: let the fun continue! :-D

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”