Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Stanley Cup Championship - Game 2

Stanley Cup Championship - Game 2
Tonight: Wednesday, May 30/07

ImageOttawa vs. Anaheim Image

CBC Broadcast times and Live Stream

I think the Sens will take this one...er, rather I hope they will. They need to stop or prevent Neidermayer and May, but even then they need to prevent getting steam rolled by the Ducks' brute force on the ice.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Excuse my British igorance, but who's the favourite? :P
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Depends on who you ask. I'm not really a Sens fan(I am a Leafs fan), but I'd rather have the cup back in Canada...my fav is the Sens.

I've been avoiding posting here...darn Sens lost again.

Emery was solid in net. Game was 1-0 for the ducks, so Ducks lead series 2-0. To stay alive in the series the Sens must with one of the next two games, hopefully both because if they don't and wish to go to 7 games, they have to win the rest of them(need 4 out of 7 game wins to win the Cup of Stanley).

The goal that was scored was through the legs of a Sens player and in top left corner of net. You can see it here:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanley ... /post.html

Game 1 - Ducks
Game 2 - Ducks
Game 3 - Sens/Ducks
Game 4 - Sens/Ducks
Game 5 - Sens/Ducks
Game 6 - Sens/Ducks
Game 7 - Sens/Ducks

Using the above table, you can see there are a lot of different combinations for winning 4 games out of 7. The next two games will be played in Ottawa, Canada(the Nation's Capital...and home of the Sens), so they will have a home ice advantage.

Sens have a problem with turnovers and keeping the puck out of their zone. They were outplayed, but hit as hard if not harder, than the Ducks. I think the major issues that they will be working on is defence and offence. The Sens had a lot of trouble keeping the puck in the Ducks zone, couldn't keep it out of theirs, and had a lot of give aways. Starting the 1st period, the Ducks out shot the Sens 10-1. The game was faster and better played, both teams were excellent in penalty killing, and staying out of the box.

I think the Ducks are a strong presence on the ice and for lack of a better description, bullied the Sens lines for the entire game.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."

Return to “Sports Section”