Paypal

list of users that, due to poor behaviour, not fulfilling deals, or otherwise, are banned from trading....
DO NOT trade with these people, else you will lose what you give!

Moderator: Market Mods

The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Paypal

As the other Paypal topic was closed I will just have to start another one.

My wife works for Paypal so I can say with 100% certainty that if you find you have been scammed you will not get a refund from Paypal unless they get a refund from the player that scammed you. And the reality is that they aren't going to spend an awful lot of time (if any) chasing the person that scammed you.

They just work as a middle man, that is all. And you can't expect them to refund you just because you entered into a bad deal.

After saying that, Paypal is by far the best way to buy goods from another player. Just don't go looking for a refund.

The best advice is to just deal with established players with an established track record of fair deals. Otherwise you are taking a chance.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Re: Paypal

NDCDN wrote:As the other Paypal topic was closed I will just have to start another one.

My wife works for Paypal so I can say with 100% certainty that if you find you have been scammed you will not get a refund from Paypal unless they get a refund from the player that scammed you. And the reality is that they aren't going to spend an awful lot of time (if any) chasing the person that scammed you.

They just work as a middle man, that is all. And you can't expect them to refund you just because you entered into a bad deal.

After saying that, Paypal is by far the best way to buy goods from another player. Just don't go looking for a refund.

The best advice is to just deal with established players with an established track record of fair deals. Otherwise you are taking a chance.

Well said mate.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Lord Silent Bob
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Bundy Drinker
ID: 1905342

By this guys own admission (M. Moss) he still has the funds in his account as he had yet to add a bank account.....In this situation I'd like to believe these guys still have a chance to reclaim their money.
funkynote

We are reviewing this case and will contact you if we require additional information or when we reach a decision. No further action is required of you at this time.

Non-receipt – Case ID: PP-282-107-587

Transaction ID: 0ED92918XN383715H

Seller Name & Email: michael moss, mailto:**Filtered**@hotmail.com

Transaction Amount: -£20.00 GBP
Transaction Date: 6 May 2007

If you close a dispute you are agreeing that the problem has been solved to your satisfaction. We will then consider this case to be closed and will be unable to reopen it at a later stage.

Package Status: £20 tracking no.38169

Refund Pending
The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

Re: Paypal

This is one of my old threads but I am digging it up to add one further point of warning. Paypal will offer no protection at all if your purchase wasnt made through a company they are connected to (ie ebay). They will just act as a middleman. So it is a case of buyer beware, and if you go for a deal that is too good to be true, or buy from an unverified source, and get scammed, do not go crying to Paypal.

Return to “The Black Listed Traders”