re: turns/turn ; superweapon bidding ; ascended attacks

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
almightythor88
Forum Grunt

this new update sucks. im about halfway up in the ranks, and i havent generated a turn in 8 hours. thanks for killing the ascended game.
Hammond
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

hey man read the thread first will you.

the turn is locked for everyone.

that is not the update.
Highwayman
Forum Grunt

I have to agree I am also in DD and take ascention serious ive only ascended twice and im ranked well below 200 taking my time to ascend with decent points to make a good account Ive looked through the boards its sad that those who ascended 5 or 6 times for the bonus in main have bad accounts..because of that we who are trying to play the game as a game not just a quick bonus are going to be penalized and possibly destroyed by either a noob or even an LG+1 that doesnt have the stats I do..Not right there admin those who choose the fast path should be penalized those who are noobs to ascention get the super weapon and its disaster for those who are playing the server...

Do away with the super weapon

Penalize main accounts that sit on vacation mode in ascention

No rank penalties on turns
Sleipnir
Merriest Mod in the West

Honours and Awards

Profitteroles wrote:Ok then i make over a 1 million planets every 4 days how do you sugest an account that starts today catch me up without doing multiple ascention

By first trying to catch up to someone making 100k planets every 4 days. I never said it should be possible in one day. But if they have more turns, they can use those to raid in order to catch up. It takes lots of work but it should be an alternative to AP's.

Profitteroles wrote:The answer is they cant, the only way to do it is big app ascentions which i proved even though you are argueing the fact saying that i didnt do it properly because i used lage amounts of app :? :?

I'm not saying you did it wrong. You did it right and because of that you have caught up to the top pretty quickly. But that doesn't mean that someone who ascends with minimum AP should just have to delete their account because there's no way to catch up. If that's the case, the ascension process needs to be looked into, so everyone is forced to ascend with lots of stuff, because having all those pointless accounts down there is just rubbish.

Anyway, if you're saying that more turns will not help the lower accounts catch up, what makes you against this update? Surely it won't hurt you.

As soon as you build an idiot proof system, somebody else builds a better idiot.

If it moves, kill it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does move, and then kill it.
SG
Forum Irregular
Race: Replicator
ID: 41408

Slightly off-topic here.. but I for one will be "LMAO"ing if the update was in and the admin team just forget to turn the turn counter thing back on :P
    Profitteroles
    Forum Regular

Sleipnir wrote:
    Profitteroles wrote:Ok then i make over a 1 million planets every 4 days how do you sugest an account that starts today catch me up without doing multiple ascention

By first trying to catch up to someone making 100k planets every 4 days. I never said it should be possible in one day. But if they have more turns, they can use those to raid in order to catch up. It takes lots of work but it should be an alternative to AP's.

And by the time that account gets from a 0 up to a 100k every 4 days ill be making 2.5 mill planets every 4 days so where do they go from there?

Sleipnir wrote:Anyway, if you're saying that more turns will not help the lower accounts catch up, what makes you against this update? Surely it won't hurt you.

Its not about whether or not thay will catch up its about admin making it an uneven playing field, giving out freebies and hand outs to thoses that cant pull their finger out their arse and play properly
    Aegidius
    Forum Irregular
    Alliance: Lone Wolf
    Race: Ancient
    ID: 36797

Sleipnir wrote:The updates say a lot of stuff but they don't reveal the reasoning behind how it was set up. Remember that post where forum said he seriously doubted anyone to re-ascend more than once per year? Do you think he was just trying to be funny? Ascension was made as a goal to compete for, and as a way to circulate the top players in main, so that resets would not be needed. It failed miserably in that second objective.

So you've worked for your ascended account. So have I. Mine is top 100 too so I expect to be on the negative end of the update as well. Even if I worked for my account, that doesn't mean I expect it to stay where it is if I don't keep working on it.

oh man, best point in the entire thread. When I read all the posts from very powerful ppl in here I see selfish attitud. This is a game and a game is fun when is fun for all its members. Ascension never was a "kind of reset" as planned but made the powerful ppl more powerful (nobody's fault, just happened).

Now when Admin is trying to balance the game "a little" you are already feeding a fire to burn him? Besides we are talking about action turns guys. Not DMU or planets. Just giving a few more action turns to the lower ranked.
    What is more important for u. have fun in the game or protect the status quo?

Btw: I'm ranked 69 right now so I bet this update wont help me much.
    Hansbrough
    Forum Expert

AEgidius wrote:
    Sleipnir wrote:The updates say a lot of stuff but they don't reveal the reasoning behind how it was set up. Remember that post where forum said he seriously doubted anyone to re-ascend more than once per year? Do you think he was just trying to be funny? Ascension was made as a goal to compete for, and as a way to circulate the top players in main, so that resets would not be needed. It failed miserably in that second objective.

So you've worked for your ascended account. So have I. Mine is top 100 too so I expect to be on the negative end of the update as well. Even if I worked for my account, that doesn't mean I expect it to stay where it is if I don't keep working on it.

oh man, best point in the entire thread. When I read all the posts from very powerful ppl in here I see selfish attitud. This is a game and a game is fun when is fun for all its members. Ascension never was a "kind of reset" as planned but made the powerful ppl more powerful (nobody's fault, just happened).

Now when Admin is trying to balance the game "a little" you are already feeding a fire to burn him? Besides we are talking about action turns guys. Not DMU or planets. Just giving a few more action turns to the lower ranked.
    What is more important for u. have fun in the game or protect the status quo?

Btw: I'm ranked 69 right now so I bet this update wont help me much.

nope, but it'll certainly help you kill the top 10 who've likely worked 100 times harder than you to get there... If you really wanted to reach them, build your account up and mass them like anyone else would do instead of hoping admin gives you a break to catch them.
    SG
    Forum Irregular
    Race: Replicator
    ID: 41408

*Laughs*

I was right! read the two comments :)

http://herebegames.com/StarGateWars/vie ... 896#772896
      RobinInDaHood
      Forum Elite
      Race: Vulpes
      ID: 75697

ROFL! :lol:
      Forum
      Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - i am on page 2 of reading the (very strongly opinioned) responses to this. I will finish reading...

Also - THE COMPLETE STOP OF TURNS WAS A BUG. The way the 'mbh or multidimensional black hole' works is that for each 800 ranks, an extra turn is given. so rank 1-800 get 1/turn. rank 801-1600 get 2/turn. 1601+ get 3/turn.

It is not a punishment (or not intended to be) but a 'bonus' to the lower account to allow them a chance to catch up (which is the core of the complaint referenced). The inactives do not benefit, since there is a turn cap. The vacationers do not benefit since no turns while on vacation.
      Only those that PLAY, and USE their turns, benefit. And when they get to a certain point (rank 800) they are on par with the rest.

This is a TRIAL. I do want people who worked hard on ascension to benefit. but I also want those new to ascension to have some hope... This was an attempt at this.

I will leave it as is (with turns now working too!:) ) for a couple days, read the rest of the comments, add this to the agenda for tomorrow's chat, and make a descision on what stays/what goes/what changes and then implement that by week's end...

I trust this is fair. And please do not shoot me for trying :) Even I get things wrong sometimes, but I think my history shows that I will undo descisions/changes that dont work out...
      admin.
      RobinInDaHood
      Forum Elite
      Race: Vulpes
      ID: 75697

I don't suppose there is any way we (I) could convince you to set up a few NPC accounts generating huge DMU and planet income that are only visible to me so I can raid like a madman? :D
      Forum
      Site Admin

Honours and Awards

what???

Lord_Core wrote: fleets update. That update alone has made it so the top players couldnt be reached. Because of the grosslly cheap rate of each click for a fleet to get more planets.
      [DDE] Bastion
      Forum Intermediate

Forum wrote:what???

Lord_Core wrote: fleets update. That update alone has made it so the top players couldnt be reached. Because of the grosslly cheap rate of each click for a fleet to get more planets.

I do know he's ranked 3 Jason, perhaps either
      A) he didn't know that it was fixed to the rate increase to 60k fleets, or
      B) (I know that he has roughly 40k fleets) there's a bug?
      EliteAceMan
      Forum Irregular
      Alliance: Dirty Dozen [DD]
      Race: Tauri
      ID: 19889

*Gets out the tourches and pichforks* Whose got the noose?
      All Your Base Are Belong to Us
      Dirty Dozen Command Staff [EWO] (Retired)
      Email = acethegreatone@gmail email say hello (Feb 2015)
      Slayer of the Forum
      TheOrigin {Descended from this realm...for now...}

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”