Well , we seem to have lost somthing ...

Want to address a Forum Mod directly? Here you go...
If you want a SPECIFIC mod, use PM, but for any mod, this is the quickest place...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Well , we seem to have lost somthing ...

Freedom From Speech??

As in Freedom from hearing people speak? :?
My.. is the deaf people lobby that powerful?
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Skunky wrote:
weilandsmith wrote:c'mon draleg. nimras said he'd unlock the thread after modding. it hasn't even been 24 hours. give him time. it's not as if he's lying. if he's gonna lock the thread for good, then he would say so. give Nimras a chance to work without the added distraction of having to post here and defend what he's done.

yea but is there a point in banning the thread? its spam deal witit, its gona happen during war. even if you keep modding and locking it wont stop it. anyway i created take 5 :D

If it's spam then it belongs in the Temple or the Public Dump - so which would you like (although the true Temple worshippers might have something to say)?

And the thread hasn't been banned.

Cmon folks - freedom of speech rights are banded about far too easily and if you actually know anything about freedom of speech laws then you will realise that in most countries they are not as free as most people think.

I suggest that in future if you don't want threads locked, either indefinately or for temporary modding that you all actually start complying with the spirit of the rules and leave the personal attacks in your head or for MSN/private messaging etc.

I've said it elsewhere recently, and I'll say it here for the record - I am currently a member of quite a few gaming forums - and I have to say that BY FAR, this is the one were it's members have the least amount of even basic respect for each other and are the most abusive to each other - no others even come close. It used to be a brilliant forum, but currently it is cramped with arrogance, petulance and personal insults.

We haven't lost the right to freedom of speech here - freedom of speech does not include the type of acid-tongued remarks that a minority of the community (at the expense of the majority) insist on producing. But what we have gained is an environment which is increasingly negative, and which an increasing amount of people are turning away from or spending less time in.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

not belong in general ?

I must insist someone puts it back to general , moving it is just a way to sidetrack it !
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:not belong in general ?

I must insist someone puts it back to general , moving it is just a way to sidetrack it !

if this is in referance to RL, then this belongs in this, that, those. if this is about the war thread, then it belongs here, or in the dump.

because as jack has said...

Jack wrote:This is a privately owned website and forum, it is well within the rights of the owner to restrict speech on this site and forum as the owner sees fit. It is a violation of the owner's rights to demand that the owner cater to the individual or anyone else for that matter.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Draleg
Forum Expert

Ok , mods 1 - Draleg 0
Evil bending Draleg
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Draleg wrote:Ok , mods 1 - Draleg 0

You'll get to score your points later on in the game. ;)
Draleg
Forum Expert

No , its ok , leave it here if you feel its the correct place .

oh , yes , i have reported some treads that imho are not in the correct part of the forum.

Always here to help , Draleg.

1/1 <- dont mind this , its spam.
Evil bending Draleg
Draleg
Forum Expert

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:I moved the threads that were obvious to me, the others are not so obvious. General is not my section, I only mod there when I see a specific violation, I'll let the pros handle the rest.

P.S. the beta server thread is related to General as it's a mirror of main, thus it belongs in general. However if I'm wrong then I apologize, but that is my judgment pertaining that thread.

Thx , i'm shure everyone wil be verry happy with the result.

I wil try and keep on helping you ppl find the problem posts.
Evil bending Draleg
renegadze
Forum Elite

Jack wrote:This is a privately owned website and forum, it is well within the rights of the owner to restrict speech on this site and forum as the owner sees fit. It is a violation of the owner's rights to demand that the owner cater to the individual or anyone else for that matter.

Except the owner is not restricting the speech the mods are. You could argue the mods are merely acting as a governing body for the owner. Now given the fact different people view things in different ways, it's pretty presumptious of you to think the owner would share your views.

Anyways on another note can I get a forum warning :-D

I posted in reply to something the other day, the thread remains yet my post was deleted without reason or notification. I can only assume I have broken one of your rules - (although the mod couldn't be bothered to tell me how/what) thus I must be punished accordingly :-D
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
renegadze
Forum Elite

other parts of the posts i agreed with - just not that point you made - wasn't picking and choosing

If mods are going to delete my posts without warning - what difference does it make if I am banned or not? :?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Sholva
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Teh Punisher

hear hear to draleg

support ya 100 % with this :D

sholva
zeb says:
pets at hoe?
zeb says:
ZOMG YOUR AN ANIMAL RAPIST
YOU SELL ANIMAL SEX
ramen07
Forum Expert
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects
Race: Paisano

renegadze wrote:other parts of the posts i agreed with - just not that point you made - wasn't picking and choosing

If mods are going to delete my posts without warning - what difference does it make if I am banned or not? :?

from that attitude, it sounds like all of your posts are being deleted. i seriously doubt that as i can read yours here and you can argue your case. whatever reason that the mod had to delete your post was a fair one. like jack said, if the mods weren't doing their jobs, Forum would see to it that they would be removed and fair mods be appointed.

i personally think that the mods are doing a great job, keep it up.
Jack wrote:That's the General folk for ya, always serious with a stick shoved up their ass
General Riviera wrote:You should stop being a spoon, read the forum rules and abide by the them. At least if you choose not to, learn how to break the rules in style.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

lol...
simple answer....

Have not lost the freedom of speech. People just need to learn how to communicate properly. I say anything I want because I know how to say it.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

Everybody accepted an agreement on registration. Part of it is as followed:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “StarGateWars Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “StarGateWars Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “StarGateWars Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

DaDigi wrote:Everybody accepted an agreement on registration. Part of it is as followed:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “StarGateWars Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “StarGateWars Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “StarGateWars Forums” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

<sarcasm>Ah the register page who ever think of that </end sarcasm>

Guess its mod's: 2 users with complaints: 0
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK

Return to “Talk to the Mods Direct”