Ireland, Cork: Starting Jan 28th. main party: 31st & Feb 1st

A place for planning conventions, meetings, etc....
Also a place for the pictures made there:)
Yoshi4184
Forum Grunt
Race: Human
ID: 4184

Re: Ireland, Cork. Jan 31st and Feb 1st

Hmmm, in case of maturity... Calendar wise I'm old enough ;) As for transportation into town, I checked Google Maps and the airport is closeby to town so I think that bus sounds lovely... Me and Orpheus won't be heavily packed since we're staying one night only. Unless you're around the airport at let's say 10.15am local time?! :)

Thanks for all the tips/tricks. I will see Orpheus on the 24th so I can talk to him what we'll do once there, hotel-wise that is... I'm pretty sure we'll contact you guys once we're ready to go into town so we can meet up and maybe join you guys karting? I love that so wait for me please :) As for prices of karting, I don't really care but I imagine ppl might. Isn't there an option to do one single heat? That should be around max E13!?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this trip even though it's a short one ;) I'll check here daily to see what's new :)

Cheers
J.S.
Forum Elite
Alliance: EPA
ID: 22325

Yoshi4184 wrote:Hmmm, in case of maturity... Calendar wise I'm old enough ;) As for transportation into town, I checked Google Maps and the airport is closeby to town so I think that bus sounds lovely... Me and Orpheus won't be heavily packed since we're staying one night only. Unless you're around the airport at let's say 10.15am local time?! :)

Thanks for all the tips/tricks. I will see Orpheus on the 24th so I can talk to him what we'll do once there, hotel-wise that is... I'm pretty sure we'll contact you guys once we're ready to go into town so we can meet up and maybe join you guys karting? I love that so wait for me please :) As for prices of karting, I don't really care but I imagine ppl might. Isn't there an option to do one single heat? That should be around max E13!?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this trip even though it's a short one ;) I'll check here daily to see what's new :)

Cheers

Google maps lie, I work at the airport business park and am here now.. Grumbles..... It's 20 mins from the airport.. :)

Anywho, for the karting go to http://kartworld.ie/ I used to be a member there, but haven't raced in since August.. I did enquire about a grapd prix there for work, but they cost it at over 1000.. To be honest it will be cold and wet and yeah.... LOL it is an option tho... I would prefer to be dry and shooting people in a game i've never played!!! :) :) Your also forgetting that this is Ireland, whatever the price of doing something is anywhere else in Mainland Europe add 60% to the price, for example jeans that are sold in Northern Ireland and the Republic, show 12.00 GBP and 29.00 EUR, they are the same jeans, the same company who sells them, it's ridiculous.. The government blame VAT, but that's a load of tripe!! Anyway... That's for a night drinking!! hehe

Myself, Chris and Brian can meet you..... Depending on how awake they are, I'm always up before 9ish anyway.. So no worries there...

I again would recommend windsor house simply because of convenience and location.. If you stay in the airport hotel, your talking 15+ EUR to get a Taxi as there will be no buses after 11pm..

That's the lot anyway..

Good Morning

Jamie
Back in my day, we massed you for disrespect!
Mephistopholies
Forum Regular

I would Love to attend But im preparing for a 6 month invasion of austrailia :lol: :lol: But My brother is down to go and im sure he can get several members Of EK to join the allaince is mostly irish and Frm Deise

yoyo_sgw wrote:Reardens,Costigans or my fav was the The Old Oak. but im a deise lad what do i know :shock:

O rly ur frm waterford u got msn ?lol
J.S.
Forum Elite

Mephis wrote:I would Love to attend But im preparing for a 6 month invasion of austrailia :lol: :lol: But My brother is down to go and im sure he can get several members Of EK to join the allaince is mostly irish and Frm Deise

yoyo_sgw wrote:Reardens,Costigans or my fav was the The Old Oak. but im a deise lad what do i know :shock:

ROFL all us Irish are from Waterford...
Mephistopholies
Forum Regular

J.S. wrote:
Mephis wrote:I would Love to attend But im preparing for a 6 month invasion of austrailia :lol: :lol: But My brother is down to go and im sure he can get several members Of EK to join the allaince is mostly irish and Frm Deise

Lies my brother used to talk about u being frm cork ... he used to stalk u i think :lol:
J.S.
Forum Elite

Mephis wrote:
J.S. wrote:

Lies my brother used to talk about u being frm cork ... he used to stalk u i think :lol:

Who's your brother?

And I only live in Cork, I'm a deise man true and true..
Yoshi4184
Forum Grunt
ID: 4184

About that karting, I love outside tracks, too bad the chance of rain is too high. For now I'd say, let's not do that... I don't want to look like a sooked kitten :P

I know Chris is a morning person too, so I'm pretty sure he'll be awake by the time we arrive. As far that Windsor place, I have taken a look at it and it looks great to me, now let's hope Orpheus can agree on that :) Up to me, I'd stay there! If you would be so kind to pick us up, that'd be great! If not, like I said, we can take that bus, I'm a bus driver so I might just 'borrow' one for a bit :P

I don't think Google Maps lied to me, I think 20 minutes is not far from the airport, isn't that what I said?!? Me confused now :P

Looking forward to not understanding a word you guys are saying ;) HAHAHA
Casshern
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

well once i can swing the weekend off, which i see as no problem at the mo. I will have my car in cork. Jenny and myself are going to be down friday, so we should be able to collect people from the airport.

Anyway i do owe orph a car trip in the wrong direction lol
Mephistopholies
Forum Regular

J.S. wrote:
Mephis wrote:
J.S. wrote:

Who's your brother?

And I only live in Cork, I'm a deise man true and true..

Hed be an old officer of yours Steelman ,hes actually onli my step brother
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

just seen this now, i may attend if i get company with me and plus save some money :D id get a bus to cork, so handy :)

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
Orpheus
Forum Intermediate

Casshern wrote:Anyway i do owe orph a car trip in the wrong direction lol

most important is you got where you were supposed to be ...
might have taken a "small" detour *cough cough* but we made it afterall....
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

At least you guys can speak the local language *should* you get lost again. I'm guessing the airport will be just as far out of cork as Trieste's is LOL!
J.S.
Forum Elite

ROFL, this is hillarious.. It's snowballing :) :)

Anywho at this stage, I think I'm gonna book Area 51 for a few hours before the pub, a few hours of COD will sort the men from the n00bs... :) (Even tho I haven't played it yet)

Does anyone have any reason why I shouldn't in an hour from when this is posted go down to Area 51 and book the place for the first Cork, Ireland SGW convention ending up at J.S.'s place? (Chris good name for this thread if ya wanna rename it *hint*) There will be laptop support for anyone who is there... :) :)

People coming from Dublin, get the plane from Ryanair, cheaper then the bus and train!! IF you really need to crash here that night, that's fine.. All I care about is sleeping cos I have work Monday...

People from elsewhere in the country, yes do drive down or bus down.
zeekomkommer
Forum Addict
Alliance: sigma leader
Race: systemlord
ID: 70578

Orpheus wrote:
Casshern wrote:Anyway i do owe orph a car trip in the wrong direction lol

most important is you got where you were supposed to be ...
might have taken a "small" detour *cough cough* but we made it afterall....

alan, he was not lost or taking a detour
he was investigating alternative routes :lol:
Dundee
Forum Irregular

J.S. wrote:ROFL, this is hillarious.. It's snowballing :) :)

Anywho at this stage, I think I'm gonna book Area 51 for a few hours before the pub, a few hours of COD will sort the men from the n00bs... :) (Even tho I haven't played it yet)

Does anyone have any reason why I shouldn't in an hour from when this is posted go down to Area 51 and book the place for the first Cork, Ireland SGW convention ending up at J.S.'s place? (Chris good name for this thread if ya wanna rename it *hint*) There will be laptop support for anyone who is there... :) :)

People coming from Dublin, get the plane from Ryanair, cheaper then the bus and train!! IF you really need to crash here that night, that's fine.. All I care about is sleeping cos I have work Monday...

People from elsewhere in the country, yes do drive down or bus down.

go book area 51 now... whihc COD game is it we'll be playing 4 of World at War?

Return to “Conventions, meetups”