Board warning issued for:

Ombudsman Case Archives
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Re: Board warning issued for:

Your post was offtopic.
I do not think that the subject of the thread was Freespirit`s sexual orientation. You spammed in an ugly manner. If you wanted to know personal things about Freespirit, you should have asked him in a PM. Doing that in public is unpolite. What did you wanted to get as an answer from him? Would you share in public who did you had sex with, or what congenital desease you have?
Your warning is totally justified and this complaint is useless. Your wasting ombudsmans time... in fact, by having such complaints when you obviously did an immature post, you belittle ombudsman`s role. He`s not supposed to play the role of a kindergarten teacher... if you want to behave like a child, you are free to do it... but also asume your guilt and accept your punishment.

Have a nice day.
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

No need for me to add anything here. The words ur gay (litteraly) were reasson enough for me to report ur post. Jack acted upon it.
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Your post was offtopic.
I do not think that the subject of the thread was Freespirit`s sexual orientation. You spammed in an ugly manner. If you wanted to know personal things about Freespirit, you should have asked him in a PM. Doing that in public is unpolite. What did you wanted to get as an answer from him? Would you share in public who did you had sex with, or what congenital desease you have?
Your warning is totally justified and this complaint is useless. Your wasting ombudsmans time... in fact, by having such complaints when you obviously did an immature post, you belittle ombudsman`s role. He`s not supposed to play the role of a kindergarten teacher... if you want to behave like a child, you are free to do it... but also asume your guilt and accept your punishment.

Have a nice day.

u r tot off topic , what dont u understand is Gay isnt an insult, but i see some here arent open minded enough but just want to spam this topic wit what they think.

some should learn some world culture
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

lithium wrote:
Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Your post was offtopic.

Have a nice day.

u r tot off topic , what dont u understand is Gay isnt an insult, but i see some here arent open minded enough but just want to spam this topic wit what they think.

some should learn some world culture

What did you mean then when you called FS gay?
Image ImageImageImage
Nimras
Forum Addict
Alliance: Yggdrasil
Race: Viking
ID: 30667

Can a mod close this topic until ombudsman come back eh??

First of all Gay is not a insult in my eyes but according to the rules of this very forum since i have to use them its not allowed:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums their selves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6.)

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments, may be ignored or a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user tone it down. More serious cases will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Ombudsperson, Forum Administrators and Moderators.

In Red.

Secondly i would like all posting here including mods remember following rule:

1. One Topic per complaint.
2. No spamming the topic.
3. Only 2 parties should post in a complaint thread.
a. The person(s) making the complaint, or his representatives if he/they are banned.
b. The Ombudsman
c. Mod in question.
4. The only person to mod/remove/move a thread, will be the ombudsman. If in the event that immediate action is required, but I am not online, the mod will act and PM the Ombudsman.

Now tbh i am sick and tired of seeing everyone breaking those rules especially because I HAVE A WARNING FOR IT and yet no one else has can anyone say doublestandards and full of it??

Now would a mod be so nice to stop the arguing in here and close it for bill to have time.

And no do not point out i just broke his own rule again i am aware of it but right now i see no other way beside starting PM everyone and thats alot of people.
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Nimras wrote:Can a mod close this topic until ombudsman come back eh??

First of all Gay is not a insult in my eyes but according to the rules of this very forum since i have to use them its not allowed:

c. Abuse / Racism
Members of the SGW community are required to speak courteously to others. Personal attacks on members are not tolerated. This includes comments about one’s sex, gender, skin colour, religion or cultural heritage. You may not post personal information about another user regardless of how it was obtained. This includes their address, phone numbers, names or any other detail about their real life status that they have not already posted on the SGW forums their selves. For exceptions to this rule please see the role playing section (section 6.)

Consequence:
Minor infringements such as throw away comments, may be ignored or a polite note from a moderator will be issued requesting the user tone it down. More serious cases will result in the issuing of warning points. Very serious comments will be given more warning points. This will be judged with input from the Ombudsperson, Forum Administrators and Moderators.

In Red.

Secondly i would like all posting here including mods remember following rule:

1. One Topic per complaint.
2. No spamming the topic.
3. Only 2 parties should post in a complaint thread.
a. The person(s) making the complaint, or his representatives if he/they are banned.
b. The Ombudsman
c. Mod in question.
4. The only person to mod/remove/move a thread, will be the ombudsman. If in the event that immediate action is required, but I am not online, the mod will act and PM the Ombudsman.

Now tbh i am sick and tired of seeing everyone breaking those rules especially because I HAVE A WARNING FOR IT and yet no one else has can anyone say doublestandards and full of it??

Now would a mod be so nice to stop the arguing in here and close it for bill to have time.

And no do not point out i just broke his own rule again i am aware of it but right now i see no other way beside starting PM everyone and thats alot of people.

Nimras, if I remember correctly you were warned for posting in an already closed topic. Having said that, I am out of here.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

lol Nimras crying......

Having said that, i'm outta here.
Image ImageImageImage
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

lithium wrote:
deni wrote:Discussing other user's sexual orientation whatever it might be, is neither wanted nor tolerated on this forum. It is simple.

did u made that rule now

No she did not, it's been a rule forever now.

Skunky wrote:the mod is homophobic

Yes Skunky, I'm the most homophobic person on this forum! :lol:
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

erm.. hold the phone.

The rules say nothign directly about sexual orientation. They mention sex..thats gender. Unless of course this forum uses a completely different terminology to now refer to sexual orientation and gender by grouping it all together in one phrase. So you might want to edit that. (I add I am not saying this is not breaking the rules...)

I have seen a lot recently of the mods clamping down a hard foot in places, Nimras and a few others did the same this time last year and it made the community uneasy and began to breed a lot of hate for the mods again. You guys were doing so well too, I had the utmost faith in you..but once again inexperience and power corruption is showing through in its droves.

You cannot outright warn someone for one insult, you can't..not at least if you want to get away with it.

The dude has defended himself poorly and given a terrible torrent of excuses as to why calling someone gay is ok, but they are a pile of rubbish. On the other hand a forum warning is not the way to approach it.

Several things are starting to occur here. The mods are putting their feet down again, it's going to start creating a sense of tension, again. More warnings are going to be given...and the law of diminishing returns is going to kick in, and your going to end up having to outright ban people for slight infringements of the rules. You are already at the stage where you're giving out full warnings for insults, and if memory serves you were forced to the ultimate climax of this stage in the server war thread some months ago.

Mods need to learn that there are different methods to approaching users other than force. You should always take a leaf out of the Galactic empires book. Rule through fear of force, not force itself. I have found in many years spent modding..that if you actually talk to people and mod as a character who can be the hero and the villain, rather than just a peace keeper people quickly respect you. Hell I modded a main game forum for eight months, was the chief mod and I gave out two warnings in that time, and only one of them evolved into a banning.

I say let him off his full warning.

Obviously though..lithium, dont be an idiot and go and verbally assault a mod without a bloody good reason. You know you have done wrong now, just dont do it again..or they will have to warn you.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

Very nice post Semper =D>

My Canadian 2¢? He should have been given a verbal warning first. I've also noticed some mods clamping down on some people more than others and I don't think that's fair.. But hey, that's just my humble point of view ^^

Speaking of rules.. Shouldn't there only have been two parties posting in this thread? perhaps it would be a good idea to split a discussion topic..
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

Just a point for Semper, in rules it says Sex then gender... so i assume that they both weren't intended to mean the same thing.
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
semper

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:Just a point for Semper, in rules it says Sex then gender... so i assume that they both weren't intended to mean the same thing.

inadequacies in the vocabulary or keyboard skills of the scribe behind the rules, not mine or my logic. :wink:
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

True but interpretation and some assumption could probably lead you to the conclusion :-D
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Colton
Forum Elder
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Canadian
ID: 1938534

*Wishes a Mod would split a discussion topic before more people are 'unjustly' given warnings*

:?

EDIT: WOOT 1000th Post :D
semper

xXxsephirothxXx wrote:True but interpretation and some assumption could probably lead you to the conclusion :-D

Perhaps... it could also just mean that the person got interrupted and wrote the same thing twice, or they wanted to write it in a different way, but did not delete the first. We do not know and should not make presumptions.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler

Return to “Case Archives”