Personal Alliance Market - Horus God Of Light
10%
Bank is used as a lottery - RobinInDaHood
4%
Used as a betting system; Bet on wars - Semper
4%
Upper and lower caps on naq capacity - kojak
2%
Allow members to deposit, but only withdraw up to the amount they deposit - .:VOID:.
11%
If Alliance is disbanded, distribute contents of bank to ingame market - ~Enigma~
5%

Total votes: 306
Stickm@n
Forum Expert
Alliance: MaYHeM + BoT
Race: Stickmen
ID: 69

Re: Alliance Bank - Poll & Discussion

To overcome the unlimited bank space if member were to use the alliance bank to deposit and withdraw, you could cap the alliance bank size according to how many member the alliance has.

eg. 5 member - 1.25T alliance bank size. (just an exampe.)
This is my speaking as a moderator colour.

Spoiler
System Lord Tyrone
Spoiler
Epic God
Forum Regular
Alliance: The Federation
Race: System Lord
ID: 22221

Use for unlocking new Alliance features; 3rd in command, etc - Lore
no. the alliances that have the longest running alliances and largest members only get stronger... sure the point is to get stronger but not at sacrificing everyone ELSES gameplay

Use for Alliance-wide upgrades; UP,etc - Draleg
could be plausable. but i doubt it. so no... specially not for UP...

Use for purchasing resources and distribution to members - Draleg
oh nice. a secret way to build only 1 person at a time and make thier stats invincible. i like this. but many others wont.

Used as a prize, winner of war takes the looser's bank - MEZZANINE
only if the alliances agree to such a war. but WAR determination system will have to be fixed first of course...

Allow Alliance leader to set income rate - Horus God Of Light
what? no... why? that just opens up the possiblity of abuse even further for the leader to use on what HE/SHE wants

Personal Alliance Market - Horus God Of Light
I LOVE THIS IDEA!

Bank is used as a lottery - RobinInDaHood
within an alliance? very good suggestion. countless possiblities.

Used as a betting system; Bet on wars - Semper
bet on own wars? maybe bet on other peoples (alliances) wars when they are declared ingame... might make ingam declarations worth it now.
possibly make Military Exp Gained only. a war type to declare. good way to measure win/loss. and ME gained would only count from the alliance your warring in the betting system

Upper and lower caps on naq capacity - kojak
NO... whats the point

Allow members to deposit, but only withdraw up to the amount they deposit - .:VOID:.
Makes Personal bank pointless... wth r u people doing? tryign to worsen the game?

If Alliance is disbanded, distribute contents of bank to ingame market - ~Enigma~
Thats an idea... but thatd throw the market off even more in favor of naquahdah... how bout transforming the naq sent to the ingame market into turns to make it more worthwile...
Cylon wrote:but im **Filtered** up in the head. i might be wrong.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Epic God wrote:Use for unlocking new Alliance features; 3rd in command, etc - Lore
no. the alliances that have the longest running alliances and largest members only get stronger... sure the point is to get stronger but not at sacrificing everyone ELSES gameplay

how will they get stronger?

its for trickets, not for stats or anything....

I wondered that myself? My idea was basicly trinkets for an alliance tax, effectively hurting alliances cost wise, but bringing them closer together as a group.

I guess information is power, thats the only way I can figure out his logic.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Draleg wrote:Nobody is stopping you from making a " big powerful alliance " and then even you can get benefits.

As for unlimited bank space , go buy your extra space in the market , that's what most of us did .

Have you seen my alliance? Must be a collective income of hundreds a bill per turn so I am speaking from the top looking down, and from there I can say with absolute clarity and wisdom that your idea regarding this one draleg, is a bad one.

Its just flooding the game more with uu to get more naq to potentially get more at's... it will just be another catalyst to the current problems.

The only people that will vote for it are the ones with no experience, the greedy ones and the just down right stupid ones.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Draleg
Forum Expert
Alliance: Judgement
Race: Ancient Bender

Then get rid of the alliance bank , it serves only to take naq from us and give it to nobody.
Why get taxed for being in an alliance , is Jason promoting lone wolfs now ?
Its the same thing all over , take from the organised players , next thing you know we will be losing a % of the UP cos your in an alliance .

I see it already :

Your realm is over 4 years old , your MS is old and out of date , you decide you need a new one and blow up the old one , your UU is weakened of age and you lose 5% everyday be cos of old age .
Your naq mine is almost depleted and your income has gone down with 30%

Every thing Jason has done in the last 2 years is discriminate the players that put more time in then others , that and then try to balance the game with planets , slowing the game down on one side and speeding it up on the other.
Evil bending Draleg
Bender: Bite my shiny metal ass!
Hookerbot: Honey, you couldn't afford it.
Bender: Empire Stronghold: 33.300,242,317,098,155 , she is not cheap !
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Draleg wrote:Then get rid of the alliance bank , it serves only to take naq from us and give it to nobody.
Why get taxed for being in an alliance , is Jason promoting lone wolfs now ?
Its the same thing all over , take from the organised players , next thing you know we will be losing a % of the UP cos your in an alliance .

I see it already :

Your realm is over 4 years old , your MS is old and out of date , you decide you need a new one and blow up the old one , your UU is weakened of age and you lose 5% everyday be cos of old age .
Your naq mine is almost depleted and your income has gone down with 30%

Every thing Jason has done in the last 2 years is discriminate the players that put more time in then others , that and then try to balance the game with planets , slowing the game down on one side and speeding it up on the other.

Its scary that you say that, Jason just might do it :?

Fact is, your right tho. Another fact is soooooo many people exploit the bonuses and advantages Jason installs and yet still cry for more.

WHY did you put planets in to accelerate growth? then put the population caps on?

WHY did you cut the plague limit growth, and then make duels eaisily avalible?

You reasoning is madness.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Lord Raf
Forum Regular
Alliance: DSL
Race: Baboon
ID: 1907406

Draleg wrote:Nobody is stopping you from making a " big powerful alliance " and then even you can get benefits.

As for unlimited bank space , go buy your extra space in the market , that's what most of us did .

but most of you done it back when you got it with a ppt - now you can only get 1 a week if you still want those 4 days ppt
There are many System lords and Gods but only one of them is a baboon :)
Jan wrote:[SF] Jan says:
btw just wanna say rafigi was my hero when i was little and lionking came out lol so u can call yourself a god in my name
[SF] Jan says:
u have fallowers and worshipers ... by definition u r a god!!!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Lord Raf wrote:

but most of you done it back when you got it with a ppt - now you can only get 1 a week if you still want those 4 days ppt

ppt stil increases bank space mate.
Reason, youll get dead.
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Never did get the point in the alliance bank being there. IF you want to make it a decent function you HAVE to be able to use it somehow. Perhaps the alliance leader should be able to send a % of the resources to members, say up to 20% of the alliance bank per person per week BUT at a reduced rate, perhaps 10:1 (eg with 100b naq in the bank, spending 20b of it gives one member 2b naq in their personal bank). The withdrawl ratio limits personal gain but it can be assigned to the member who deserves it the most by the alliance leaders. A small boost compared to what could be done via other means. Or if you dont want it as a manual process perhaps auto-assign it depending on parameters such as time logged in over the week, or even the biggest army size, ascensions, ME increase? I dont know if this is the same as Draleg's suggestion or not...

I like Lore's suggestion of additional trinket upgrades. That would be a good one to introduce as well.

"Alliance Market" sounds interesting too, would need to know more about it before commenting further.

Alliance disbanding goes to the ingame market doesnt make any difference really, its fine either way BUT PLEASE put a "are you sure?" box on the disband alliance function. Its too easy to hit that by mistake.

All of the others I dont like for various reasons. Alliance wide tech/up upgrades no thanks, that would widen the power gap further and annoy the newer smaller players (who are the future of the game after all).
Leader doesn't need to set the % until there is a decent use for the naq and afterwards still dont need to. Keeping it at 1% ensures that any potential exploitation is minimised.
Bets on wars... well thats not going to work as wars always end up in stalemates.
Member deposit and withdrawls? We have our personal banks for that.
Taking the banks contents as war winnings is a good idea on paper, but could be exploited pretty badly as Lore pointed out.
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

The actual birth of the idea was a "tax/penalty" for alliance protection. Then he started thinking about how to use it. The "trinkets" idea I promote is actually from Jason, I just made it actually useable, and helped it make sense in user playability.

But the jest of the original concept is the price you pay for being in an alliance.
Reason, youll get dead.
Draleg
Forum Expert

So basicly it was put in place to slow down ppl using something Jason put in to keep ppl playing.

ps : Jason if you read any of this , its nothing personal , i think you did great things to the game , i also think its time to change things in favour for the loyal players , we don't need extras , but at least give us back what belongs to us , SGW has already lost to many players just cos they feel ripped off in the long run.
Evil bending Draleg
Draleg
Forum Expert

SuperSaiyan wrote:explain to me how 1% of your income is slowing you down......

you start off with 100 % and you take 1% of that away ,

you now have 99% , 1% less .... not that hard , even for me.

you do the maths , i make over 47 bil / turn , try calculating it on a day , week , month and year base and you will see what 1 % is.
Evil bending Draleg
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Draleg wrote:

you do the maths , i make over 47 bil / turn , try calculating it on a day , week , month and year base and you will see what 1 % is.

1% is pocket change, period.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Jack's Ghost wrote:
Draleg wrote:

1% is pocket change, period.

so you think the
Alliance: (cost 1% income)
Alliance Bank: 54,458,783,251,865
is pocket change Jack? Can I borrow some of your "pocket change" then? :lol:

How about you SS?

it just pocket change afterall 8)
Reason, youll get dead.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

SuperSaiyan wrote:collectively no, but from 1 person, yes its nothing

well if its an alliance tax, and it benifits the alliance as a whole, then it is collectively, and no singularly.

well thats what I was trying to say anyway LOL
Reason, youll get dead.

Return to “Suggestions Archive”